Anyone Going to buy the Zune?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Looks pretty neat. You can transfer your videos and songs from itunes over to your zune account. It does everything itunes can also.

Nah, Microsoft has just completely botched the Zune.

It would make sense to have the Zune work with Windows Media Player, but it doesn't - you need to use the proprietary Zune media player and store software.

It would make sense to let the Zune play songs purchased from Napster or other services that use Microsoft's own 'PlaysForSure' DRM. It won't play those songs.

That, coupled with the fact that the wireless sharing of music with other Zune users is severely limited to 30-second clips just about eliminates any interesting features the device could have brought to the table.

Last edited:
No. I think Microsoft is gonna lose this time. But let's hope that some competition will lower prices.

Canadiens1160 said:
Nah, Microsoft has just completely botched the Zune.

It would make sense to have the Zune work with Windows Media Player, but it doesn't - you need to use the proprietary Zune media player and store software.

It would make sense to let the Zune play songs purchased from Napster or other services that use Microsoft's own 'PlaysForSure' DRM. It won't play those songs.

That, coupled with the fact that the wireless sharing of music with other Zune users is severely limited to 30-second clips just about eliminates any interesting features the device could have brought to the table.

I pretty much agree with you, but I have to correct you on one thing. You can share full songs with the wireless function, not just 30 second clips. You just are limited to playing them 3 times or with 3 days. Which is too limited I think.

it is great to see so many opinions from people that don't know what the fuck they are talking about

i have bought two ipods

and just got a zune six days ago

the zune is far superior

i will never use an ipod again

Back
Top Bottom