Anyone any good with Outlook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
OK, I'm at my wit's end at this point.

All I need to do is take our end of shift report and make it into a standardized form for people to submit at the end of each shift (rather than the random e-mails with no standards we get now).

I've tried the following:

1.) I just built a table in Outlook that had blanks for the information to be filled in. It looked good and everything was fine until I realized that if someone were to try and tab through the document, Outlook keeps adding new cells. So I decided to try something else.

2.) Made a form in Infopath. This is all well and good, but it's a bigger change than I think we want to make right now.

3.) Tried to create a macro to stop new tabs from forming (works in Word), but it did nothing.

4.) Made a form in Word. That turned out great. I could tab through it, no problem. Then I copied the form into Outlook...same tabbing problem, creating new cells in the table.

5.) Decided to create a custom form in Outlook. It works, but it's not super flexible (I.E., boxes don't resize as needed)

6.) I also tried making the form in Word WITHOUT table and then pasting it into Outlook, but when I did that, all it did when I pressed tab inside of the text box was keep adding indentations into that text box :banghead:.

Can anyone give me some advice/help?

They can't have a copy on their own computers and just send you the filled in form each day?

It is going to shock none of you reading this to see me say, "I'm an idiot".

I got it to work incredibly easy this morning on my first attempt.

I would have never realized the problem though, unless you'd pointed me to Excel, though, Jive so thank you very much.

Pretty much what I was doing before was a bunch of separate tables for the form. Now it's all one giant table and it works like a dream.

Back
Top Bottom