Any good Freeware paint programs as good as

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well you cant do certain things like in Photoshop but I havent really found any other catches :wink:

There's no catch. I use it everyday. The only thing I wish it had was more Batch Edit options (like saving a sequence of edits and then applying them all to selected photos, rather than just black and white, or just sepia).

The program can be a bit buggy. Sometimes it won't automatically import new photos and when I browse to them and select them to be imported, nothing happens. Other times it will select a photo and then I can't click anything and it won't let me deselect the photo. But hey, it's free and does almost everything I use, so I can live with the bugs.

Yeah I dont really like how it transfers all your folders in there.
Like I just want to be able to simply open one file.
Is there any way around that?

Sicy said:
Yeah I dont really like how it transfers all your folders in there.
Like I just want to be able to simply open one file.
Is there any way around that?

I keep all mine on a external drive, so it doesn't catch them anyway and I have to import what I want. However sometimes random pics are X-ed out for no reason (have to then right click and say "include in selection) or sometimes I select them, import, and.....absolutely nothing happens. Then I end up copying the photos I want to the master hard drive so that it picks them up on it's own.

I think it's designed to do this because it's also meant to generate photo albums and web pages for you. It's really designed to be a complete package, rather than something like FireWorks or PhotoShop that does very specific functions on individual images. Basically, like many simple programs it's built almost TOO well, too user-friendly.

OK, I was wrong. You can go to Tools > Folder Manager and change which folders or drives the program automatically scans and imports.

:shrug:

I am using it on my computers

it did a great job uploading images as thumbs with links to the larger images

one thing I have not figured out
is that most images are large files
that are almost poster size

because everyone is buying the 5 and 6 megapixels cameras

how do we reduce the file size and image size to something like, no bigger than say 6 by 8 inches do we do not get pictures like the one below in our emails

the file was too big

it is a picture of my one hour old baby neice - Paige

3264px by 2176px

3007.17 KB (3079342 bytes)

her head is about 20 inches in diameter :huh:

deep said:
I am using it on my computers

it did a great job uploading images as thumbs with links to the larger images

one thing I have not figured out
is that most images are large files
that are almost poster size

because everyone is buying the 5 and 6 megapixels cameras

how do we reduce the file size and image size to something like, no bigger than say 6 by 8 inches do we do not get pictures like the one below in our emails

Your posts are hard to read! :wink:

When export, just select a smaller size. For posting my cat pictures on Interference, I choose 480 which is this big:
Marijke%20Nov%2006%20006.jpg

For posting other photos in my online albums, I choose 640 or 800, which is this big:
Hawaii%20Dec%202006%20443.jpg

Summer%202006%20054.jpg

Thanks! Unlike Beckham who is solid charcoal gray, she photographs much better in black and white. I love her too!

Back
Top Bottom