another good place to download music for free...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love_u2_adam

Blue Crack Addict
Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Bas
ok well my limewire craped out on me today......soo im wondering where is the best place to get free music that will go into my itunes..like with limewire it had a file for it and i could play the limewire files on my itunes....im wondering if kaza or some else would be ok??

ok well please help!!!:help:

I haven't used Kazaa in a few years, but be careful - it had LOADS of Spyware. Kazaa Lite was better at the time, but no idea how it is these days.

Use torrent. Find the artist that you want, and with a program like utorrent, you could select which files out of that one album you want and just get it.

I find it's a lot more easier than using limewire... limewire lags too much for me.

Limewire and Kazaa are big pieces of shit.

And folks this isn't referring to downloading anything copyrighted - I'm talking about peer-to-peer downloads of information here.

Use Bittorrent. http://www.utorrent.com

limewire is great for music.
Kazaa is well known for being wank

^WinMX's still shut down right? I remembered one day I went to log in and there was this blurb about it being shut down by the man. Something like that.

If anyone's going to use Kazaa, they should go for kazaa-lite. Of course anything better is to not use Kazaa at all lol. :wink:

Sevikins said:
^WinMX's still shut down right? I remembered one day I went to log in and there was this blurb about it being shut down by the man. Something like that.

Yes, last that I heard.
I had the same thing happen, I went to go in one day and it wouldn't work.
And it still didn't work the next day, and then I found out.
:sad:

Apparently there was some 'underground' project to get it restarted up on multiple servers or something (I'm not tech savvy), and I followed the instructions but it never connected/worked.
It just kept telling me to be patient.
:sigh:

So I moved on and got Limewire, but it doesn't have half of the rare/interesting/random finds that I used to get offf WinMX.

</sob story>

I second Soulseek. It has a nice wishlist feature that continuously searches for whatever you put on it as long as the program is open.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I use a program that most people seem to have never heard of called Ares:

http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/

Sometimes it's a bit tough to find rarer songs, but so far it hasn't frustrated me much.

I use Ares, too (and agree that no one seems to know about it!). It's pretty good---offers video in addition to music. I may have to try soulseek, though, with all these positive reviews!

I love soulseek. There's no spyware...it's such a simple program and I've always been able to find stuff, even bootlegs and random live stuff. As long as it works, I'll never switch.

Back
Top Bottom