advice for european electrical adapter plugs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i bought a cheap adapter plug set at target the other day for my trip to the netherlands.
i want to be able to charge my digital camera and cell phone while i'm there.
although my cell phone won't actually work over there i want to be able to have it all charged up and ready to use when i get back, and also to charge my ipod.

this cheap set i bought contains 4 different plugs for use in different countries.

while it doesn't actually list the netherlands, one of the plugs is for great britain and ireland, the other is for europe. i assume the one for europe would work.

the brand name is embark.

for those who travel overseas is there a better type of adapter i should get for these devices? is the adapter plug all i'll need?

i use one adaptor plug for everything, though it's definitely handy to have more than one.

no idea why you're bringing your phone though, that doesn't make any sense. why do you want to look after any more than you have to?

when travelling it's easy to pack too much...you don't need much at all.

Just make sure you have plugs AND a power adapter. My dad and a few people I know have made the mistake of thinking the plug adapters were enough and didn't use a power adapter, thus frying all of their electronics. Some electronics don't need the power adapter, just the plug adapter. For example, my rechargeable battery kit works as-is anywhere from 120-240 so all I need to bring along is the right plug.

Good advice, LivLuv, this has happened to someone I know and they weren't very happy. Bes tto be prepared and safe.

ABEL, is Rono any help about this stuff? I am excited for you, I hope it is going to be an incredible trip! :hug:

:ohmy: i hadn't thought of power adapter plugs either :reject:

what kind should i get? :shrug:

Zoomerang96 said:
i use one adaptor plug for everything, though it's definitely handy to have more than one.

no idea why you're bringing your phone though, that doesn't make any sense. why do you want to look after any more than you have to?

when travelling it's easy to pack too much...you don't need much at all.

i'd like to have my cell phone in the airport in case something happens and the flight is delayed/cancelled, etc. plus it's about a 3 hour layover. i'd like it to have it to call my family if there are problems going/coming, and also when i get back to call someone to pick me up, etc. the cell phone hardly takes up any room at all...

Carek1230 said:

ABEL, is Rono any help about this stuff? I am excited for you, I hope it is going to be an incredible trip! :hug:

haha, he hasn't had to buy european adapters for american stuff :wink:

ABEL said:
:ohmy: i hadn't thought of power adapter plugs either :reject:

what kind should i get? :shrug:

I'm not sure since I went to Africa, never to Europe, and they had outlets with two different types each. Usually you can get a set that has the power adapter and 4-5 different plugs. I think that's what my dad got from RadioShack and he's always going to Europe and Israel. Basically, you need a power adapter to convert the voltage or whatever because in the US it's lower (like around 120) and other places it's higher (it was 220 in Tanzania). Then, in order to plug in the adapter, you need the right plugs. So you plug your American gadget into the power adapter, and then the power adapter into the European socket via the right plug adapter.

Back
Top Bottom