Ack!!!! Any way to download video from Blogger/Blogspot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So when I wiped my hard drive a few weeks ago to fix a few nasty problems, I saved everything that was important-----but FORGOT the "Videos" folder that included all of the Windows Movie Maker videos we'd made of our daughter. :sad: :sad: We still have the original video clips saved in our Pictures folder, but the edited ones are gone. Somewhat luckily, they're all up on our blogspot.com/Blogger site, but I don't see any way to download them. I'm using Firefox & have the DownloadHelper add-on, but it doesn't recognize that there are videos on the page.

Does anyone know of a way to download videos from a blog?

So when I wiped my hard drive a few weeks ago to fix a few nasty problems, I saved everything that was important-----but FORGOT the "Videos" folder that included all of the Windows Movie Maker videos we'd made of our daughter. :sad: :sad: We still have the original video clips saved in our Pictures folder, but the edited ones are gone. Somewhat luckily, they're all up on our blogspot.com/Blogger site, but I don't see any way to download them. I'm using Firefox & have the DownloadHelper add-on, but it doesn't recognize that there are videos on the page.

Does anyone know of a way to download videos from a blog?

Replay Media Catcher maybe

^Hmm...Just downloaded the demo. Nice program, but it didn't work. It's possible that it didn't work because it was the demo---they say that the demo will capture 100% of youtube and only 75% of everything else. But I'd hate to buy it only to find out it doesn't work...

You have to open Replay first, then refresh the page. It should start downloading everything it sees. If you have the page open, then start Replay, it won't work.

Thanks, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. I can use Replay to record from youtube, u2.com, all kinds of places.....but not on blogspot. :sad: Do you have the demo or the full version? I still wonder if that makes a difference...

I was wondering if you've had any luck?

No, no luck so far. I tried the Replay demo version and Orbit, as well as the Firefox DownloadHelper. They all work for Youtube and various other sites, but I can't get them to work with blogger/blogspot. :banghead: I wonder if they have some sort of protection on there because it's a personal blog.

What I may end up doing is simply playing the videos on the computer and filming them with my digital camera. Crappy quality, but at least we'll have some copy of the edited video.

I know there's got to be some way of getting them, but I'm not having any luck!

It's definitely flash---if I right click on a video, I get "About Adobe Flash Player..."

Here's the blog: Monica and Steve's little peanut

There's a video of Addie twirling about 1/3 down the page, under the second entry on the page. Anyone who's interested can give it a shot! Just ignore the pictures and banter. ;)

I was able to import it to my computer using the Real Player downloader. Do you have the latest version of Real Player installed on your computer (the free version)?

Huh...I'm glad that it's possible! Thanks for trying, everybody!

I don't have RealPlayer installed, but I do have Orbit.... How did you get it to work, misfit toys? I couldn't get the option to download to pop up, though I could on other sites.

Thanks, too, for the compliments---we think she's a cutie! (well, most of the time...:huh: :wink: )

If you have Grab opened, it will show the files that it finds. Right-click on the Orbit icon and click on Grab++. On Grab you just check the box of what you want to download.

Back
Top Bottom