A Way to Fix iTunes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I bought a new laptop a few months ago when the motherboard disintegrated on my old one. I transferred all the stuff from my old hard drive to the new computer, including all my music. But there's a problem----iTunes now has two copies of every single song....one that has the song in the new location (C:/Documents/NewComputer/U2...etc.), and one ghost copy of the song from the old location (C:/Documents/OldComputer/U2...etc.). The ghost copy doesn't actually have a song (since that location doesn't exist on the new computer), and does the whole "exclamation point! where's the song?" thing.

Does anyone know of a way to quickly delete all "unfound" songs from iTunes without having to manually delete each one? If the only way to do it is song-by-song.....ugh! :huh:

With a few thousand ghost songs in my iTunes, my spare time from now through next summer is counting on whatever help I can get! :D

A friend had the same problem...

If I remember correctly, the fastest way I could find was to delete everything off and reload the entire library again.

I'm no expert though so there may be something else that can be done.

Thanks. I just deleted the library & re-added, and it worked just fine. :D

Back
Top Bottom