A controversial topic: black v. white

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queen Bee should purchase the...

• Mega-sexy black iPod

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Mega-classy white iPod

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
lyricht3.jpg

:heart:

I got the black one. And the CRAPTAFUCKINGTASTIC DLO case too!. Scratched my frickin' video screen! GF's got the white one, looks brand new. Mine looks like it's been in a war.

Oh maaan, that just reminded me! Why didn't I think of Arrested Development? I think I'm going to pick an AD quote.

Thanks, RR! :kiss:

Snowlock said:
I got the black one. And the CRAPTAFUCKINGTASTIC DLO case too!. Scratched my frickin' video screen! GF's got the white one, looks brand new. Mine looks like it's been in a war.

It scratched my screen and the area around the scroll wheel. Those DLO covers are a fucking joke :grumpy:

Canadiens1160 said:
I think it really depends on the product, really. Big retailers like Best Buy and Circuit City have huge profit margins on selling you those product warranties when you buy electronics. That's why the sales people will always push those on you, even if you're buying a box of paperclips.

:lol: That is so true. Any time I've paid money for a warranty on say VCRs, TVs, cell phones, stuff like that, Ive NEVER ended up having to use the warranty so I just dont buy them anymore.

*Thread derailer*

Well, here's my 2 cents since I work in the retail bis.

Of course retailers make money of warranties, they also make money of the product :rolleyes: They are in business to sell, right?

The Corp I work for, does not push ANY ext warranties, we stand by our product 100%, for the first year (We exchange it on the spot if it is defective, we do not fix it).
The dilemma here is, is it worth the benefits and PEACE of mind that comes with buying the policy. Based on past experiences, I purchased it on some electronics and automobiles. NEVER on appliances.

Queen Bee said:
Guys, guys, guuuys, help me out with the engravement :scream:
No engravement.

I recently had to buy a proper case for my iPod because my dog destroyed the free one (video iPods come with a free sleeve that covers the whole thing - including the screen). I purchased the Verge silicone cover from Circuit City for $20. :up: so far.

RedrocksU2 said:
*Thread derailer*

Well, here's my 2 cents since I work in the retail bis.

Of course retailers make money of warranties, they also make money of the product :rolleyes: They are in business to sell, right?
I bet your margins are a lot better on store-sold extended product warranties then they are on consumer electronics. Which is why electronics retailers will continue to offer $10 replacement plans on $10 pairs of earbuds.

I have a friend who's a district manager for best buy. His performance and awards are completely based on the selling of warranties. It's where they make the most money.

I looked at the white and black iPods in person yesterday. Gottage, I don't know what you were making a fuss over. The black iPod is beautifuuuul.

Anyway, I finally placed my order and my iPod is due to arrive this Thursday. Decided to skip the engravement thingy in case I decide to sell my iPod in a year or two.

Now I'm going to waste away my Sunday afternoon converting DVDs to .mp4 format :drool:

Back
Top Bottom