A controversial topic: black v. white

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queen Bee should purchase the...

• Mega-sexy black iPod

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Mega-classy white iPod

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
Black, baby. :drool:

After having the U2 iPod, you'll be sorely disappointed in the white one after a few months.

Sicy said:
Warranties = waste of money = :down:

:down:

I'd be bashing Apple if it weren't for my warranty.

But I will say that most of the warranties for things are a waste of money. But not when it comes to *expensive* technology.
Sometimes things are designed to break for the people that think warranties are a waste of money. :wink:

Seriously. If you stick with the default shitty Apple warranty you're guaranteed to have your iPod become an iBrick several days after it expires.

At least if it fails after the 2yr warranty it'll be completely outdated anyway.

Oh, and as far as iPods - once you've had black, you never go back.

Queen Bee said:
No way. Given the problems I've had with my iPod over the past two years, this warranty is going to be the smartest thing I've ever purchased :drool:

Really? I actually dont have an ipod but every other warranty I've ever bought has been a complete waste of money for me. :|

Sicy said:

Really? I actually dont have an ipod but every other warranty I've ever bought has been a complete waste of money for me. :|
I think it really depends on the product, really. Big retailers like Best Buy and Circuit City have huge profit margins on selling you those product warranties when you buy electronics. That's why the sales people will always push those on you, even if you're buying a box of paperclips.

For something like an iPod, you've got a hella money invested in a little box with a mechanical click wheel and a tiny hard drive that will get banged around.

Maybe I'll just go with this
4dmi1r8.png

It'd be like old times with my U2pod!!!

I have heard numerous times from my friends, that when they purchased the warranty, they ended up getting upgraded to the current model for free.

RedrocksU2 said:
I have heard numerous times from my friends, that when they purchased the warranty, they ended up getting upgraded to the current model for free.
Yeah. Apple's warranty policy is basically

1) receive defective iPod
2) throw out defective iPod
3) send back new current gen iPod

I could see them sending you a new generation one if they don't have the stock left.

Back
Top Bottom