Your Favorite Movies - YLB Memorial Edition - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,928
Local Time: 11:49 AM
Not necessarily the best, but my favorites (in alphabetical order):

1. 8 ½ (Fellini, 1963)
2. Andrei Rublev (Tarkovsky, 1969)
3. Annie Hall (Allen, 1977)
4. Army of Shadows (Melville, 1969)
5. Breathless (Godard, 1960)
6. A Brighter Summer's Day (Yang, 1991)
7. Cache (Haneke, 2005)
8. Citizen Kane (Welles, 1941)
9. City Lights (Chaplin, 1931)
10. Days of Heaven (Malick, 1978)
11. Do the Right Thing (Lee, 1989)
12. The English Patient (Minghella, 1996)
13. Fanny and Alexander (Bergman, 1982)
14. Flight of the Red Balloon (Hou, 2007)
15. Grand Illusion (Renoir, 1937)
16. In the Mood for Love (Wong, 2000)
17. Jules and Jim (Truffaut, 1962)
18. Kings and Queen (Desplechin, 2004)
19. Last Year at Marienbad (Resnais, 1961)
20. Mulholland Drive (Lynch, 2001)
21. Paris, Texas (Wenders, 1984)
22. Ran (Kurosawa, 1985)
23. Red Shoes (Powell and Pressburger, 1948)
24. Reds (Beatty, 1981)
25. Taste of Cherry (Kiarostami, 1997)
26. The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (Buñuel, 1972)
27. The Third Man (Reed, 1949)
28. Three Colors: Blue (Kieslowski, 1993)
29. The Unbearable Lightness of Being (Kaufman, 1988)
30. Vertigo (Hitchcock, 1958)
__________________

__________________
gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #62
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:19 AM
1. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
2. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
3. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
4. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
5. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
6. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
7. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
8. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
9. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
10. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
__________________

__________________
The Sad Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #63
War Child
 
Padj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Italy
Posts: 837
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
9. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
Why so low on the list?
__________________
Padj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #64
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 08:49 AM
You couldn't find room anywhere for Rocky IV?
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
djerdap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7,423
Local Time: 05:49 PM
1. Mulholland Dr. (Lynch)
2. Apocalypse Now (Coppola)
3. Blade Runner (Scott)
4. Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes (Herzog - Aguirre, the Wrath of God)
5. Persona (Bergman)
6. Idi i smotri (Klimov - Come and See)
7. Stalker (Tarkovsky)
8. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Gilliam & Jones)
9. The Godfather Part II (Coppola)
10. Viridiana (Buñuel)
11. A Clockwork Orange (Kubrick)
12. Ran (Kurosawa)
13. Brazil (Gilliam)
14. Viskningar och rop (Bergman - Cries and Whispers)
15. The Tenant (Polanski)
16. All the President's Men (Pakula)
17. Goodfellas (Scorsese)
18. Videodrome (Cronenberg)
19. American Psycho (Harron)
20. 4 luni, 3 săptămâni şi 2 zile (Mungiu - 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days)
21. Possession (Žulawski)
22. There Will Be Blood (Anderson)
23. No Country For Old Men (Coen)
24. Do the Right Thing (Lee)
25. Shoah (Lanzmann)
26. Salinui Chueok (Bong Joon-ho - Memories of Murder)
27. Paris, Texas (Wenders)
28. The Insider (Mann)
29. The Straight Story (Lynch)
30. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Leone)
31. Werckmeister Harmoniak (Tarr - Werckmeister Harmonies)
32. Memento (Nolan)
33. Heat (Mann)
34. In the Name of the Father (Sheridan)
35. Exotica (Egoyan)
36. El Topo (Jodorowsky)
37. L.A. Confidential (Hanson)
38. Trois Couleurs: Rouge (Kieszlowski - Three Colors: Red)
39. Das Boot (Petersen)
40. Boogie Nights (Anderson)
41. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (Dominik)
42. Psycho (Hitchcock)
43. Blue Velvet (Lynch)
44. Les Diaboliques (Clouzot)
45. Gimme Shelter (Maysles)
46. Mad Max 2 (Miller)
47. Crimes and Misdemeanors (Allen)
48. Grizzly Man (Herzog)
49. The Last Temptation of Christ (Scorsese)
50. The Last of the Mohicans (Mann)
__________________
djerdap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #66
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
1. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
2. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
3. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
4. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
5. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
6. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
7. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
8. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
9. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
10. Rocky IV (Stallone, 1985)
Of all of the delightfully insane things in this movie, Rocky buying Paulie a robot wife gets sadly overlooked:

Rocky 4 Robot - YouTube
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #67
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,011
Local Time: 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
1. Mulholland Dr. (Lynch)
2. Apocalypse Now (Coppola)
3. Blade Runner (Scott)
4. Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes (Herzog - Aguirre, the Wrath of God)
5. Persona (Bergman)
6. Idi i smotri (Klimov - Come and See)
7. Stalker (Tarkovsky)
8. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Gilliam & Jones)
9. The Godfather Part II (Coppola)
10. Viridiana (Buñuel)
11. A Clockwork Orange (Kubrick)
12. Ran (Kurosawa)
13. Brazil (Gilliam)
14. Viskningar och rop (Bergman - Cries and Whispers)
15. The Tenant (Polanski)
16. All the President's Men (Pakula)
17. Goodfellas (Scorsese)
18. Videodrome (Cronenberg)
19. American Psycho (Harron)
20. 4 luni, 3 săptămâni şi 2 zile (Mungiu - 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days)
21. Possession (Žulawski)
22. There Will Be Blood (Anderson)
23. No Country For Old Men (Coen)
24. Do the Right Thing (Lee)
25. Shoah (Lanzmann)
26. Salinui Chueok (Bong Joon-ho - Memories of Murder)
27. Paris, Texas (Wenders)
28. The Insider (Mann)
29. The Straight Story (Lynch)
30. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Leone)
31. Werckmeister Harmoniak (Tarr - Werckmeister Harmonies)
32. Memento (Nolan)
33. Heat (Mann)
34. In the Name of the Father (Sheridan)
35. Exotica (Egoyan)
36. El Topo (Jodorowsky)
37. L.A. Confidential (Hanson)
38. Trois Couleurs: Rouge (Kieszlowski - Three Colors: Red)
39. Das Boot (Petersen)
40. Boogie Nights (Anderson)
41. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (Dominik)
42. Psycho (Hitchcock)
43. Blue Velvet (Lynch)
44. Les Diaboliques (Clouzot)
45. Gimme Shelter (Maysles)
46. Mad Max 2 (Miller)
47. Crimes and Misdemeanors (Allen)
48. Grizzly Man (Herzog)
49. The Last Temptation of Christ (Scorsese)
50. The Last of the Mohicans (Mann)

Nice work.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #68
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 08:49 AM
Totally forgot to actually make a list:

1. American Beauty
2. The Shawshank Redemption
3. Forrest Gump
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Empire Strikes Back
6. Casablanca
7. Spirited Away
8. The Prestige
9. Blue Velvet
10. The Seventh Seal
11. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
12. The Elephant Man
13. The Green Mile
14. Love Actually
15. Shall We ダンス
16. The Royal Tenenbaums
17. The Life Aquatic
18. Rashomon
19. Se7en
20. Anchorman
21. The Labyrinth
22. Almost Famous
23. Double Indemnity
24. In Bruges
25. Battle Royale
26. Strangers on a Train
27. Donnie Darko
28. Midnight Cowboy
29. Kill Bill Vol. 2
30. Blade Runner
31. Field of Dreams
32. The New World
33. When Harry Met Sally
34. The Gladiator
35. The Silence of the Lambs
36. Halloween
37. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
38. Sunset Blvd.
39. This is Spinal Tap
40. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
41. The Crying Game
42. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
43. Stand By Me
44. Die Hard
45. The Thing
46. Witness for the Prosecution
47. The Red Shoes
48. L.A. Confidential
49. The Maltese Falcon
50. Psycho

And for fun, my list from the last time we did this thread:

 
American Beauty
The Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
The Green Mile
Love Actually
Casablanca
Field of Dreams
Pay It Forward
Spirited Away
(Japanese version)Shall We Dance
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Life Aquatic
The Royal Tenenbaums
A Clockwork Orange
Animal Crackers
Empire Strikes Back
Return of The Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Michael Collins
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
L.A. Confidential
The Maltese Falcon
Psycho
Anchorman
Sister Act
The Land Before Time
V For Vendetta
Nuovo Cinema Paradiso
Swimming With Sharks
Manhattan
The Never Ending Story
Braveheart
The Patriot
The Gladiator
Donnie Darko
Trainspotting
The Silence Of The Lambs
The Sixth Sense
The Prestige
Ferris Buellers Day Off
Flatliners
Sideways
Conspiracy Theory
Man On The Moon
Patriot Games
Armageddon
Road To Perdition
Die Hard
Stranger Than Fiction


Ah how things change.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #69
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,505
Local Time: 12:49 PM
Wow, I've actually seen a lot of the movies on your list. Can't really say that for anyone else's. I should really change that.

Spirited Away
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #70
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 08:49 AM
I lack culture
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #71
Refugee
 
Cactus Annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxaroedenfoe
Posts: 2,146
Local Time: 04:49 PM
Can I do my top 10? I figured this out today whilst I was in the shower.

1/ Blade Runner (2007 edit)
2/ Lost In Translation
3/ Pink Floyd's The Wall
4/ Moulin Rouge (Baz Luhrman musical)
5/Mulholland Drive
6/ 2001 A Space Odyssey
7/ Wings Of Desire
8/ The Land Before Time
9/ The life Of Brian
10/ Animal Farm (a George Orwell adaptation not the dodgy porno)

Is this list ok?
__________________
Cactus Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 11:49 AM
The Wall- Seen that one way too many times.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #73
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Annie View Post
10/ Animal Farm (a George Orwell adaptation not the dodgy porno)
...
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #74
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 10:49 AM
Is the doggy porno #11?
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #75
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 08:49 AM
She said dodgy YLB but whatever floats your boat….
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
favorite movies, favorite movies film

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com