Your Favorite Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I look forward to seeing this.

Ashley, I think Network is one of the best films I've ever seen and am surprised that it does not get talked about more often in these here parts.

I'm kinda pissed though because in one of my film classes they showed the entire ending. I don't mean the part everyone's seen, but the ENTIRE ending. I didn't know how powerful it got :sigh: but I still wanna see the movie all the way through

I remember really liking Network, although the subplot with the romance was completely useless, I thought. I can't remember the actors off the top of my head. That one guy and that one lady who were in the movie ... Faye Dunaway, I think?

But other than that, I thought it was great.

am i too late?
off the top of my head:

Badlands
Mystery Train
O Brother Where Art Thou
Children of Men
Before Sunrise/Sunset
Eyes Wide Shut
Little Miss Sunshine
Blade Runner
Royal Tenenbaums
Bullets Over Broadway
Annie Hall
Gangs of New York
Lenny
I'm Not There
Zodiac
Office Space
Big Lebowski
There Will Be Blood
Manhattan
21 Grams
High Fidelity
Grapes of Wrath
Rushmore
Broken Flowers

I remember really liking Network, although the subplot with the romance was completely useless, I thought. I can't remember the actors off the top of my head. That one guy and that one lady who were in the movie ... Faye Dunaway, I think?

WILLIAM HOLDEN?! From Sabrina, Sunset Blvd, Born Yesterday, Bridge on the River Kwai, and his Oscar-winning portrayal in Stalag 17?

That guy.

1. Once Upon A Time In The West
2. 2046
3. The New World
4. Once Upon A Time In America
5. Eyes Wide Shut
6. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
7. Blade Runner
8. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
9. Lawrence of Arabia
10. Apocalypse Now
11. Alphaville
12. Alien
13. Days of Being Wild
14. Mulholland Drive
15. Punch-Drunk Love
16. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
17. The Age of Innocence
18. 2001: A Space Odyssey
19. Vertigo
20. Singin' In The Rain
21. Days of Heaven
22. American Graffiti
23. Young Frankenstein
24. Persona
25. Jaws
26. Wings of Desire
27. 8 1/2
28. Le Samurai
29. Gangs of New York
30. Ghost in the Shell

Not going to try and futilely continue to rank anything in order after this list, which I'm already quentioning, so I'll just put down a big chunk of stuff as a sort of addendum of movies that I feel sad for not including in the first place -

Paris, Texas
Modern Times
Emak Bakia
Ace in the Hole
Ran
Tokyo Story
McCabe & Mrs. Miller
The Rules of the Game
Network
Last Tango In Paris
The Abyss
Aliens
Spiderman 2
A.I.
Fallen Angels
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Band of Outsiders
Unforgiven
Chicago
Hard Boiled
Spirited Away
Akira
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
A Clockwork Orange
The Thin Red Line
Far From Heaven
Inland Empire
The Big Lebowski
The Insider

Just as a few more, since people are taking these lists very seriously for recommendations which is great. :up: Have at you.

Sort of both.

And speaking of Holy Grail. I should probably put that on there somewhere too. I kind of got burnt out on that movie as a kid, but fuck me in the skull if it isn't still a surreal masterpiece of comedy.

Sort of both.

And speaking of Holy Grail. I should probably put that on there somewhere too. I kind of got burnt out on that movie as a kid, but fuck me in the skull if it isn't still a surreal masterpiece of comedy.

I am pretty sure that it's on my list. It's awesome. I'll pass on fucking your skull, Yorick.

Inland Empire? Lance embracing his inner Lynch? Soon you'll see Screw openly loving Magnolia.

NSW, The Warriors may have cracked the Top 100 for me.

MontyPython-main_Full.jpg

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.

Inland Empire? Lance embracing his inner Lynch? Soon you'll see Screw openly loving Magnolia.

The Warriors is hard to take seriously, but, for what it is, it's amazing. And, just, the end is so bat-shit crazy that it kills me every time I see it.

Glad you saw it and enjoyed it. Great great B-movie.

It and Mulholland Drive are still the only Lynch films I can tolerate, aside from the third act of Blue Velvet, as least the parts with Denis Hopper and Dean Stockwell.

The Warriors is hard to take seriously, but, for what it is, it's amazing. And, just, the end is so bat-shit crazy that it kills me every time I see it.

Glad you saw it and enjoyed it. Great great B-movie.

Oh yeah, once I accepted how crazy awesome it was going to be, I had a lot of fun with it. It seems like a perfect double-feature with Escape from New York, too.

Thanks, I had been looking forward to it for quite a while.

It and Mulholland Drive are still the only Lynch films I can tolerate, aside from the third act of Blue Velvet, as least the parts with Denis Hopper and Dean Stockwell.

I've only seen Blue Velvet, which was tepid for me, and Dune, which cracks me the hell up, and that's it.

I want to see at least 1 or 2 of his other films before deciding to continue or not.

Haven't gotten my hands on it. That DVD set looks nice, but I'm not ready to risk it for the price.

Inland Empire was pretty much a clusterfuck, but a pretty one. I've never seen such amazing things done in digital video before

Haven't gotten my hands on it. That DVD set looks nice, but I'm not ready to risk it for the price.

Inland Empire was pretty much a clusterfuck, but a pretty one. I've never seen such amazing things done in digital video before

I don't know if you'd like it or not, really, but, I fucking loved it the first time around and it still held up fairly well for me when I watched it last year. Season 1 especially.

I love Mulholland Drive and the Straight Story was good, too. Need to see Inland Empire.

Just watch Mulholland Drive, YLB. It's entirely different from anything else he's done in many ways, and pretty much cinematic perfection, which I can't say about many movies. Especially Lynch's.

Just watch Mulholland Drive, YLB. It's entirely different from anything else he's done in many ways, and pretty much cinematic perfection, which I can't say about many movies. Especially Lynch's.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for the extended list, Lance. The spreadsheet grows.

I can take a couple off now, though. That's good.

Back
Top Bottom