Your Favorite Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CAAAAANNNN YYOOUUUU DIIIIGGGG IIIIITTTT?

I love that movie.

I would have been disappointed if you did not.

"You're standing right now with nine delegates from 100 gangs. And there's over a hundred more. That's 20,000 hardcore members. Forty-thousand, counting affiliates, and twenty-thousand more, not organized, but ready to fight: 60,000 soldiers! Now, there ain't but 20,000 police in the whole town. Can you dig it?"

I'm starting to think we should try to arrange some weekly (bi-weekly) movie screenings or something, where we all try to get ahold of some interesting, lesser-seen flick to watch one night, and come here to discuss afterwards. Or maybe it's just because I'm missing out on all this Warriors talk.

I'm starting to think we should try to arrange some weekly (bi-weekly) movie screenings or something, where we all try to get ahold of some interesting, lesser-seen flick to watch one night, and come here to discuss afterwards. Or maybe it's just because I'm missing out on all this Warriors talk.

1) I'd be 100% interested in that.

2) I don't know if the Warriors are worth all the talk. It really is just a B-movie kind of cult classic....more violent than anything else, really.

That would be pretty nifty. I'm all for it.

Different people would pick a movie a week?

Like an old lady's book of the month club?

:p

I'm just kidding, sounds like a fantastic idea.

That would be pretty nifty. I'm all for it.

Different people would pick a movie a week?

That would be the thing to figure out. Might be the best way. Makes a list with people who want to participate, and have a sort of rotating selection list or something. Probably a lot simpler and resulting in more variety than a voting system or something like that.

Speaking of B-movies, I may have posed this question before, but who here has seen The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension?

That would be the thing to figure out. Might be the best way. Makes a list with people who want to participate, and have a sort of rotating selection list or something. Probably a lot simpler and resulting in more variety than a voting system or something like that.

Voting would fuck the spirit of it up, I think. I agree, simpler and overall better to rotate selections amongst the participants. I like this.

Sounds good.

I think the person nominating the week's film shouldn't have seen it previously, but it's cool if the people watching along have, or something.

What would be the best day/night of the week for watching/discussing afterwards? Friday? Saturday? I'm guessing weekends, yes?

I don't know if the Warriors are worth all the talk. It really is just a B-movie kind of cult classic....more violent than anything else, really.

The Warriors is a unique fucking movie. It captures a crazy time in NYC, then exaggerates it immensely, then throws in some some memorable visuals like clowns, a baseball team, and dudes on rollerskates - all try to beat up some dudes form Coney Island that were framed for killing a guy trying to unite the gangs. It's a good friggin movie with goofy dialogue and bad hair.

The Warriors is a unique fucking movie. It captures a crazy time in NYC, then exaggerates it immensely, then throws in some some memorable visuals like clowns, a baseball team, and dudes on rollerskates - all try to beat up some dudes form Coney Island that were framed for killing a guy trying to unite the gangs. It's a good friggin movie with goofy dialogue and bad hair.

Pretty much.

Nothing tops the surreal nature of "Warriors, come out to play-ay". Fantastic.

Thursday is the best night for me because I have no Friday classes, but I'm sure that day doesn't work for anyone else, so any weekend really.

ETA: what NSW just said is a really good idea

Back
Top Bottom