Your Favorite Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I project my movies onto the head of a pin and watch them with a microscope.

It's badass.

Please watch the real thing. I had a half-assed excuse to not watch movies on decent-sized screens, but it was still lame at best. You're 21 now, do it!

Right then. But I can't watch everything on DVD. I mean, I do have netflix, but it's 2 movies at a time, so sometimes if I can find something online, I'd just rather watch it there, you folks know how I am. Quiznos Cinema was an amazing time, if only you had been there and experienced my vision :sigh:

Right then. But I can't watch everything on DVD. I mean, I do have netflix, but it's 2 movies at a time, so sometimes if I can find something online, I'd just rather watch it there, you folks know how I am. Quiznos Cinema was an amazing time, if only you had been there and experienced my vision :sigh:

I understand the DVD situation. You have any type of DVR with your cable/satellite stuff?

This was really hard! :crazy: And I'm still not sure about the order but the first 20 or so should be in fairly good order.

1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
2. Schindler's List
3. Lord Of The Rings (Trilogy)
4. Forrest Gump
5. About A Boy
6. Good Bye Lenin!
7. The Bourne (Trilogy)
8. Speed
9. Italian Job (2003)
10. Dumb And Dumber

11. National Lampoon's Animal House
12. Three Amigos
13. That Thing You Do
14. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
15. Bill And Ted's Bogus Journey
16. Dazed And Confused
17. Wayne's World
18. Office Space
19. Space Balls
20. Jurassic Park

21. The Godfather Part 2
22. The Last Emperor
23. Titanic
24. Edward Scissorhands
25. Back To The Future
26. Pulp Fiction
27. Broken Arrow
28. Lost In Translation
29. Clerks
30. Big

31. Apocalypse Now
32. Spiderman
33. The Lion King
34. The Mask
35. Silence Of The Lambs
36. Apollo 13
37. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
38. Star Wars (both trilogies)
39. Earth
40. Signs

41. Batman Forever
42. Austin Powers I & II
43. Amelie
44. Home Alone
45. Almost Famous
46. Armageddon
47. Little Nicky
48. The Sound Of Music
49. High Fidelity
50. Das Boot

I understand the DVD situation. You have any type of DVR with your cable/satellite stuff?

At home I do, but not at school :(. I'm finally getting settled into school though, so I'm ready to start borrowing it up from Netflix, and I'll probably expand back to 3 at a time, maybe 4, I don't know, it starts to get expensive after a while

Zoots, no offense, but I hate it when people put a series of films as one entry... break that shit up, B. Just a pet peeve of mine.

At home I do, but not at school :(. I'm finally getting settled into school though, so I'm ready to start borrowing it up from Netflix, and I'll probably expand back to 3 at a time, maybe 4, I don't know, it starts to get expensive after a while

That's understandable. 3-at-a-time from NetFlix sounds legit.

And besides, I don't know if I prefer Return Of The King or Two Towers. I'm not sure if I like Bourne Supremacy or Ultimatum more. They're all fucking brilliant!

Why? This way I can fit in more films! :wink:

Hah, yeah, but it's a cheap way out.

You could just be like me and not love any of the LOTR movies. :)

"I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle."

LOTR is not my level of nerddom, therefore I cannot relate. I also can't help but fall asleep every time I try to watch one of them... the theatrical cuts, too.

Also, I've never seen a shittier use of CG in a "major film" than the Ghost Army in Return of the King. Dear God.

I believe it's all the same thing. Jackson's a terribly weak director (though a technical visionary) and the film's suffer from amateur direction and lousy storytelling.

I have to admit that I haven't watched as many classic movies as I'd like to have. That is why you see many dumb fun movies in there like Animal House, Dumb & Dumber and Bill & Ted :lol: which I also enjoy. But now that I have a Netflix subscription I'm in the process of educating myself even more on the classics. Ready to be viewed and sitting on my coffee table is Shawshank Redemption. In queue: Dr. Strangelove.

I have to admit that I haven't watched as many classic movies as I'd like to have. That is why you see many dumb fun movies in there like Animal House, Dumb & Dumber and Bill & Ted :lol: which I also enjoy. But now that I have a Netflix subscription I'm in the process of educating myself even more on the classics. Ready to be viewed and sitting on my coffee table is Shawshank Redemption. In queue: Dr. Strangelove.

Hey, it's no big, this is about Favorite Movies, not Greatest Movies, you know? There will be some overlap, but don't expect me to put Schindler's List as something that I'd watch more than maybe 2-3 times in my lifetime. More power to you for having it on your list though.

Strangelove gets better each time I see it.

I can understand how someone would take issue with Jackson's direction. I do too, at times. And with some of the actors in the film. But I fail to see how one could accuse the films of having bad storytelling. That's kind of...insane.

I mean, if you're not into fantasy than it's not going to be your type of thing. Understandable. But stories don't get much better (I'm not talking about Tolkien's actual writing style, which is a bit too dry for my taste), and I think they told it better than most other filmmakers would have. What fantasy films DO have good storytelling? Willow? Narnia? The Golden Compass? You see how much worse it gets?

Back
Top Bottom