You favourite movie of all time!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brick.jpg

One of the following, depending on my mood:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Sound of Music
Singing In the Rain

Somewhere in Time with Jane Seymour & Chris Reeves
Also The Birds, Wizard of Oz, A Christmas Story , About Last Night & Bond flicks
I could watch these repeatedly

"Once upon a time in the west".

Sergio Leone was a genius in that genre of movie,but "Once upon a time in the west" was his masterpiece.All 4 actors are fabulous in it.Charles Bronson as the harmonica man,Jason Robards as the bandit cheyenne,Claudia Cardinale...(god she was gorgeous!) and above all the ultimate genius flash,choosing Henry Fonda as the vilain.Those icy blue eyes killing the screen.And the music! by Ennio Morricone,just brilliant.

The Matrix. I don't think it's the greatest movie ever made and there are several "better" movies out there but The Matrix is a movie I never get tired of. :love:

Sergio Leone was a genius in that genre of movie,but "Once upon a time in the west" was his masterpiece.All 4 actors are fabulous in it.Charles Bronson as the harmonica man,Jason Robards as the bandit cheyenne,Claudia Cardinale...(god she was gorgeous!) and above all the ultimate genius flash,choosing Henry Fonda as the vilain.Those icy blue eyes killing the screen.And the music! by Ennio Morricone,just brilliant.

That is my favourite too.
Apart from the actors and the music, I also love the cinematography. Those wide views. And those extreme closeups.
once-upon-a-time-in-the-west-08.jpg

I sometimes draw a comparison with Pulp Fiction to emphasize another excellent element in Once Upon A Time In The West. The argument is regularly made that Pulp Fiction is such a great movie because of its dialogues. The opposite holds for Once Upon A Time In The West, there it is the absence of dialogue (at times) that makes it so great. And in those moments where the actors are silent, more is being said by the looks in their eyes.

My all-time favourite is The Silence of The Lambs. Anthony Hopkins is brilliant.

Then I'll just name some more even though I know I only need one... I enjoy a lot of Vin Diesel and Denzel Washington movies (perhaps uncommon for a girl) like The Fast and The Furious, Fast and Furious, Fast Five, XXX, Unstoppable, Man On Fire, Fallen, The Taking of Pelham 123, Inside Man and The Bone Collector. And also (with John Travolta and Nicolas Cage) Face/Off. And Iron Man was pretty good, too, probably the only superhero movie I like.
On the comic side, I find The Proposal and The Birdcage very funny.

That is my favourite too.
Apart from the actors and the music, I also love the cinematography. Those wide views. And those extreme closeups.

I sometimes draw a comparison with Pulp Fiction to emphasize another excellent element in Once Upon A Time In The West. The argument is regularly made that Pulp Fiction is such a great movie because of its dialogues. The opposite holds for Once Upon A Time In The West, there it is the absence of dialogue (at times) that makes it so great. And in those moments where the actors are silent, more is being said by the looks in their eyes.

Not my favorite film, but VERY high up on my list. And I go back and forth between this and Once Upon A Time In America as my favorite Leone. West is probably more "perfect" and has Claudia Cardinale :drool: but America tends to move me on a deeper level.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

I feel like I could have figured this out in under five guesses.

It's not actually my favorite movie. It's just my go-to answer whenever the question is posed, because I think it's funny. The title is funny and rolls off the tongue and Alexis Bledel is in it. I watched it once and intermittently enjoyed it.

Because of your shenanigans in the past that movie somehow ended up on my list of movies I need to watch.

It's a close call between Citizen Kane and Beavis and Butt-Head Do America. Really can't decide.

I normally wouldn't have an answer, but if someone put a gun to my head I'd say my favorite movie in terms of a movie I can watch whenever & still enjoy it would be The Shawshank Redemption.

For nostalgia's sake, I used to watch The Wizard of Oz with my grandfather when he would babysit me & so I'll love it forever, despite being a pretty big fan of L. Frank Baum & that movie eviscerating the source material that it's now more famous than.

Back
Top Bottom