Yatta!! Heroes Season 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's what I posted in the random TV talk thread -

I thought the premiere of Heroes pretty much rocked. There was a hell of a lot going on, and it obviously had its share of cringe-worthy cheesiness but I think the show always had that. I've sort of blocked Season 2 out of my memory so I don't know but did this seem to remind people more of Season 1 Heroes? Sylar was back to his cutting the tops of peoples heads off routine, Hiro and Ando were runnin around together tryin to steal shit, Claire was making masochistic videotapes, etc. There were a lot of really cool moments and I'm definitely going to tune in next week.

Also, Kristen Bell is back! I wasn't sure they would bring her back. Score.

I agree with that but I still like it more than most of what's on prime time right now. I mean there's a smokin hot indestructible cheerleader on the show for cryin out loud. That's good enough for me.

I watched it while half asleep, and I have no idea wtf happened. Sometimes I don't want to have to work to be entertained, and watching a show while tired shouldn't affect comprehension that badly.

I found myself getting more irritable as I watched it unfortunately, though that could have been down to being absolutely annoyed with watching Prison Break just before it and seen how absurd that show has become.

Lost is a show where it can become a big mess when trying to understand what the hell is going on, but we kind of expect that. With Heroes I kind of want a similar big mess but one that is more organised for the viewer. Last night seemed annoying....I dunno...it's probably just me.:hmm:

I liked the brain eating comment:lol:

And as mentioned....smoking hot indestructible cheerleader! She looked friggin hot with dark hair at the beginning....rarrr!

I turned off the computer and sat on the couch to watch the premiere, and what happens? I fall asleep about halfway through. I caught the last ten minutes or so and ... apparently missed a bunch of stuff. I did catch that Claire can't feel pain now, and the last I saw her, she was on the ceiling with a bleeding head wound thanks to Sylar. Got it.

I taped the second hour because there was no way I would be staying awake for it. This is what happens when I'm not on the computer at night, folks. I don't want to fall asleep so early. :(

My favorite thing about last nights episode was the shot that can give everyone abilities. That is going to make mudfield go apeshit.

Seriously, I bet he hasn't posted yet because he was rushed to the hospital with an irregular heartbeat.

My favorite thing about last nights episode was the shot that can give everyone abilities. That is going to make mudfield go apeshit.

Seriously, I bet he hasn't posted yet because he was rushed to the hospital with an irregular heartbeat.

Seriously, even I got a little twitchy at the cheesetastic "should I destroy it? Nah, I should shoot it up" and following "ooh, superpowers are sexy!" scenes with Suresh and Maya. That was some lame shit of the highest order.

On a related note, is it my imagination or did Maya have a thicker accent last season?

I actually thought it was much better, for what it is, than anything in Season 2 because a lot happened. I'd rather watch this than Private Practice or Desperate Housewives or CSI or something just as commercial.

I totally forgot about the obvious similarity. I was too distracted by the melodramatic nonsense and terrible acting. I laughed so hard at that totally unnatural romantic moment between Suresh (with his terribly gay and unconvincing English accent) grabbing Maya in his scientific frenzy only for it to turn romantic for half a second before they felt awkward.

Also, the Petrelli mom being conveniently "evil" was nearly as preposterous as "Lost" parents' cruelty to their children. Guess what? If parents are that bad, the kids usually end up pretty messed up, not with a moral conscience like Peter and Nathan. Then again, there was that real-life case of an English couple who'd kidnap people, rape them and then kill them and how their son freed himself and turned them in. True story.

Also, I wish the stripper mom would die, so I didn't have to watch her wrestle with Jessica again. I knew she wouldn't be dead, as I knew Nathan wouldn't be dead, nor Malcolm McDowell; they're following bad comic book logic. Anyone can come back. There's no event that can't be overwritten. I only watched it so I could debate sci fi fans and discuss it with my big brother. This is the worst writing and acting I've ever seen and there's no justice in its massive popularity and Emmy nominations.

Then again, enjoy the show Heroes fans. I've lost the war, and my brother loves it, so whatever makes you happy...

I actually thought it was much better, for what it is, than anything in Season 2 because a lot happened. I'd rather watch this than Private Practice or Desperate Housewives or CSI or something just as commercial.

I totally forgot about the obvious similarity. I was too distracted by the melodramatic nonsense and terrible acting. I laughed so hard at that totally unnatural romantic moment between Suresh (with his terribly gay and unconvincing English accent) grabbing Maya in his scientific frenzy only for it to turn romantic for half a second before they felt awkward.

Also, the Petrelli mom being conveniently "evil" was nearly as preposterous as "Lost" parents' cruelty to their children. Guess what? If parents are that bad, the kids usually end up pretty messed up, not with a moral conscience like Peter and Nathan. Then again, there was that real-life case of an English couple who'd kidnap people, rape them and then kill them and how their son freed himself and turned them in. True story.

Also, I wish the stripper mom would die, so I didn't have to watch her wrestle with Jessica again. I knew she wouldn't be dead, as I knew Nathan wouldn't be dead, nor Malcolm McDowell; they're following bad comic book logic. Anyone can come back. There's no event that can't be overwritten. I only watched it so I could debate sci fi fans and discuss it with my big brother. This is the worst writing and acting I've ever seen and there's no justice in its massive popularity and Emmy nominations.

Then again, enjoy the show Heroes fans. I've lost the war, and my brother loves it, so whatever makes you happy...

I don't want to, and I'm trying my best, but I can't help but to agree with some of what you're saying.

It's just getting too ridiculous. Plus, I think I would have benefited from watching the little "catch-up" show they had on before the premiere on Monday, because I was really lost on some of the plotlines last night - like Peter being in someone else's body. wtf?

It didn't help that I was only halfway paying attention last season.

It's just getting too ridiculous. Plus, I think I would have benefited from watching the little "catch-up" show they had on before the premiere on Monday, because I was really lost on some of the plotlines last night - like Peter being in someone else's body. wtf?

It didn't help that I was only halfway paying attention last season.

Same thing happened to me.

When you introduce all-powerful characters and time travel into a show, it raises too many possibilities for the direction of the show, and the audience can pick up on that. Like, why would Peter waste time trying to open a vault with super-strength when he can phase right through it? Why introduce the time travel element when these characters can go back and change things at will? Wouldn't there be a causality loop in effect that would prevent these things from happening in the first place?

I think too much is being crammed into the show now for all of the elements to really work. I love great entertainment, especially when you mix superheroes, time travel, ninjas, midget cheerleaders, and Kristen Bell together, but sometimes too much is too much. I'm not giving up on this show entirely, but if it's as tedious as Season 2, then I'll just watch something else.

Same thing happened to me.

When you introduce all-powerful characters and time travel into a show, it raises too many possibilities for the direction of the show, and the audience can pick up on that. Like, why would Peter waste time trying to open a vault with super-strength when he can phase right through it? Why introduce the time travel element when these characters can go back and change things at will? Wouldn't there be a causality loop in effect that would prevent these things from happening in the first place?

I think too much is being crammed into the show now for all of the elements to really work. I love great entertainment, especially when you mix superheroes, time travel, ninjas, midget cheerleaders, and Kristen Bell together, but sometimes too much is too much. I'm not giving up on this show entirely, but if it's as tedious as Season 2, then I'll just watch something else.

I'm giving it two more episodes. If one of the two is not at least very good, I'm out.

I finally managed to watch it and I enjoyed it... After reading reactions before hand without reading specific details I went in thinking it was going to suck and was pleasantly surprised.

Good to see Suresh's superpower of titanic stupidity remains in tact, god I hate that guy :banghead:

Also, the Petrelli mom being conveniently "evil" was nearly as preposterous as "Lost" parents' cruelty to their children. Guess what? If parents are that bad, the kids usually end up pretty messed up, not with a moral conscience like Peter and Nathan.
What?!:huh: How is she "conveniently evil"? And I'd stay away from the psychology if I was you...

Also, I wish the stripper mom would die, so I didn't have to watch her wrestle with Jessica again. I knew she wouldn't be dead, as I knew Nathan wouldn't be dead, nor Malcolm McDowell;
We don't really know if McDowell is really alive...

What?!:huh: How is she "conveniently evil"? And I'd stay away from the psychology if I was you...

We don't really know if McDowell is really alive...

I don't think McDowell is alive, I think he's in Nathan's head....but that just opens the door for Muldfeld to say that Heroes is ripping off BSG.....which would be accurate, actually. :)

I don't think McDowell is alive, I think he's in Nathan's head....but that just opens the door for Muldfeld to say that Heroes is ripping off BSG.....which would be accurate, actually. :)

Ripping off the remake of a show which was a direct rip-off of Star Wars back in the '70s, as a matter of fact.

Throw some Hezbollah references in there and we've got a fucking series.

Back
Top Bottom