Yatta!! Heroes Season 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought that the 2nd episode was worse than the first. Sylar working for Petrelli's Mom, he's her fucking son......Nikki is back but it's not Nikki.....the horrid bank robbery.....still with the clock noises when we see Sylar, enough.....I think that it's a mess. Also, Elfa, you and I are often in synch, but on this we disagree....both about this show, and about it being better than 90% of what's out there.....it's getting pretty shitty, and it's sad, because the genre is rife with opportunity.....next week looks like it has some action, so, I'll give it one more try, and if it's still crap, I'm out....I did promise myself three episodes before bailing, so, perfect.

And, GAF, you said this after the premiere:

"Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan
I thought the premiere of Heroes pretty much rocked. There was a hell of a lot going on, and it obviously had its share of cringe-worthy cheesiness but I think the show always had that. I've sort of blocked Season 2 out of my memory so I don't know but did this seem to remind people more of Season 1 Heroes? Sylar was back to his cutting the tops of peoples heads off routine, Hiro and Ando were runnin around together tryin to steal shit, Claire was making masochistic videotapes, etc. There were a lot of really cool moments and I'm definitely going to tune in next week.

Also, Kristen Bell is back! I wasn't sure they would bring her back. Score."

All of a sudden you do a 180? Why?

Its become a really entertaining sci-fi/action show, which I guess is fine and I'm still enjoying it, but the first season was a triumph of story-telling and a great slow-burn, the more ridiculous seat of their pants elements they add each week the less and less likely it becomes that it could ever be as good as season 1 again.

So, last night I rewatched the first two episodes I dozed through the first week, and the one from earlier this week that I didn't bother watching because I missed too much of the first two.

I liked them. The series seems to have taken more of a campy, exaggerated comic book tone, but it worked for me. Any Sylar dialogue is SO overwrought and over-dramatic, you can practically see him twirling his villain moustache in his fingers. Also, I noticed the visuals a lot more this season than I ever have. The effects from that speedy girl, when Hiro freezes time when she's around are very cool. And most scenes in general that she's in seem to have a very lush, colourful, almost cartoonish quality about them. Parkman's vision quest scenes were visually stunning, too.

As for the plotline, I'm willing to see where they're going to take me with the story. I haven't seen anything that would make me consider not watching it. As for the suspension of disbelief, when I'm watching a series about superheroes in the first place, it's not really that hard for me to make other small allowances.

I hear you on the suspension of disbelief, VP, but, I don't like being treated like an idiot, and the writers are treating their viewers like idiots this season.....which could simply be the net result of the writers themselves not being the greatest in the world...the strike did play havoc with a lot of writing staffs.

It's unfortunate, it's an idea rife with cool opportunities and they are making a complete mess of it all....it's just not a good show, at this point, sadly.

I hear you on the suspension of disbelief, VP, but, I don't like being treated like an idiot, and the writers are treating their viewers like idiots this season.....which could simply be the net result of the writers themselves not being the greatest in the world...the strike did play havoc with a lot of writing staffs.

It's unfortunate, it's an idea rife with cool opportunities and they are making a complete mess of it all....it's just not a good show, at this point, sadly.

What are your main objections with it? Not disagreeing, just curious. To each his own, and all that, and I know that you're an intelligent viewer.

One thing that does illustrate your point is something Sarah read in Jack Coleman's blog. Apparently, when they were filming the scene outside of the bank and he put on the bullet proof vest, he pointed out that Bennett would never put one on, because he would know it's pointless, and so the writers then changed the dialogue to include the line about it being "for show." It seems at least in some cases, the actors know the characters better than the writers do.

I do agree that the Mohinder suddenly wanting superpowers and appearing drunk on them rings very false, but that's not enough to make me give up on the series.

Sylar being outside of the closet, while it was locked from the inside with a chain, which he easily could have broken through - I fan-wank that by assuming that Sylar was being all stalkery at that point, and that since his prey was trapped, he was dragging it out, not that the chain was holding him back in any meaningful way. And about him being Angela's son...I don't believe he is, I think she's manipulating him, and that will be revealed later.

I think I've been clear with what my objections are. Shoddy writing, silly story lines, weak comic relief, plot holes both big and small, poor acting, gore that's just not necessary, a repeating cycle with Claire that never ends, no real character development, nobody really ever dies, selective time travel when it's convenient only, etc. It's just a poorly done show :shrug:.

I'm not saying that I can't believe how/why anyone would like it, cos I loved it season 1....it's just been a trainwreck, in my opinion, since then. If people still dig it, that's cool.

And, GAF, you said this after the premiere:

"Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan
I thought the premiere of Heroes pretty much rocked. There was a hell of a lot going on, and it obviously had its share of cringe-worthy cheesiness but I think the show always had that. I've sort of blocked Season 2 out of my memory so I don't know but did this seem to remind people more of Season 1 Heroes? Sylar was back to his cutting the tops of peoples heads off routine, Hiro and Ando were runnin around together tryin to steal shit, Claire was making masochistic videotapes, etc. There were a lot of really cool moments and I'm definitely going to tune in next week.

Also, Kristen Bell is back! I wasn't sure they would bring her back. Score."

All of a sudden you do a 180? Why?

I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about 90 to 95% of the time.

I think I've been clear with what my objections are. Shoddy writing, silly story lines, weak comic relief, plot holes both big and small, poor acting, gore that's just not necessary, a repeating cycle with Claire that never ends, no real character development, nobody really ever dies, selective time travel when it's convenient only, etc. It's just a poorly done show :shrug:.

I'm not saying that I can't believe how/why anyone would like it, cos I loved it season 1....it's just been a trainwreck, in my opinion, since then. If people still dig it, that's cool.

You're a poorly done show, so there!

Meanwhile....VP, did you watch Dexter last week? Was it good? I have it on DVR.....

No, I haven't yet. I don't get the station it's on here in Canada, so I have to download it.

That's an interesting observation, I sort of see what you're saying....as a corollary to that, I've often found that if the wind is right you can sail away, find tranquility.

What a stupid f**king mess. The writers have absolutely no clue where this is going. And the sad thing is that even the creator of the show has LOLed that he has no clue where it's going :huh:
And now the preview for next week hints at destroying the mythology that made season 1 so great. :|

alright, well that was disappointing...

It wasn't terrible but it wasn't very good either.

A couple of SPOILERish points:

-Evil Claire - what's up with that? She could have used a little more motivation to act like a raging biatch if you ask me, there was no explanation at all...

-Good Sylar - felt very wrong

-Nathan rescuing Nikki/Jessica/who ever the hell she is - by far, the worst CG in the show so far - looked very ghetto, even for TV standards

-Parkman on a vision quest - wtf? talk about a waste of time and the cute blonde speedy chick looks old enough to be his daughter, not his wife :tsk:

-Suresh - ugh... Well on the good side, he a least turns into something sort of interesting, clichéd but interesting...

I just watched the episode tonight as well. Good God what a cheesefest. Good Peter and Bad Peter arguing about human nature - lame. Good Sylar - laaame. Maya's constantly changing accent - laaaame. Suresh's plotline actually being given time in the show at all - laaaaame. Nathan rescuing Nikki triplet lady - laaaaaaaaame!

BTW - what happened to Nathan's wife and kids?

It feels like they're just slapping shit together now. Really disappointing.

I just watched the episode tonight as well. Good God what a cheesefest. Good Peter and Bad Peter arguing about human nature - lame. Good Sylar - laaame. Maya's constantly changing accent - laaaame. Suresh's plotline actually being given time in the show at all - laaaaame. Nathan rescuing Nikki triplet lady - laaaaaaaaame!

BTW - what happened to Nathan's wife and kids?

It feels like they're just slapping shit together now. Really disappointing.

You're the most perceptive, discerning mod of all time.

I get the feeling you guys aren't liking the show anymore? When are they moving to the Middle East?

i would just like to add that i really like this season so far.

thank you. good night.

tonite's episode was interesting..

And the actor who played Bubbs from The Wire is on Heroes tonite also, the guy who was Marlo on The Wire is also on this show.

Back
Top Bottom