Yatta!! Heroes Season 3 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2008, 02:06 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:17 AM
she did have a thicker accent last season, i noticed.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:59 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 06:17 AM
I actually thought it was much better, for what it is, than anything in Season 2 because a lot happened. I'd rather watch this than Private Practice or Desperate Housewives or CSI or something just as commercial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
My favorite thing about last nights episode was the shot that can give everyone abilities. That is going to make mudfield go apeshit.

Seriously, I bet he hasn't posted yet because he was rushed to the hospital with an irregular heartbeat.
I totally forgot about the obvious similarity. I was too distracted by the melodramatic nonsense and terrible acting. I laughed so hard at that totally unnatural romantic moment between Suresh (with his terribly gay and unconvincing English accent) grabbing Maya in his scientific frenzy only for it to turn romantic for half a second before they felt awkward.

Also, the Petrelli mom being conveniently "evil" was nearly as preposterous as "Lost" parents' cruelty to their children. Guess what? If parents are that bad, the kids usually end up pretty messed up, not with a moral conscience like Peter and Nathan. Then again, there was that real-life case of an English couple who'd kidnap people, rape them and then kill them and how their son freed himself and turned them in. True story.

Also, I wish the stripper mom would die, so I didn't have to watch her wrestle with Jessica again. I knew she wouldn't be dead, as I knew Nathan wouldn't be dead, nor Malcolm McDowell; they're following bad comic book logic. Anyone can come back. There's no event that can't be overwritten. I only watched it so I could debate sci fi fans and discuss it with my big brother. This is the worst writing and acting I've ever seen and there's no justice in its massive popularity and Emmy nominations.

Then again, enjoy the show Heroes fans. I've lost the war, and my brother loves it, so whatever makes you happy...

Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:17 AM
Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muldfeld View Post
I actually thought it was much better, for what it is, than anything in Season 2 because a lot happened. I'd rather watch this than Private Practice or Desperate Housewives or CSI or something just as commercial.

I totally forgot about the obvious similarity. I was too distracted by the melodramatic nonsense and terrible acting. I laughed so hard at that totally unnatural romantic moment between Suresh (with his terribly gay and unconvincing English accent) grabbing Maya in his scientific frenzy only for it to turn romantic for half a second before they felt awkward.

Also, the Petrelli mom being conveniently "evil" was nearly as preposterous as "Lost" parents' cruelty to their children. Guess what? If parents are that bad, the kids usually end up pretty messed up, not with a moral conscience like Peter and Nathan. Then again, there was that real-life case of an English couple who'd kidnap people, rape them and then kill them and how their son freed himself and turned them in. True story.

Also, I wish the stripper mom would die, so I didn't have to watch her wrestle with Jessica again. I knew she wouldn't be dead, as I knew Nathan wouldn't be dead, nor Malcolm McDowell; they're following bad comic book logic. Anyone can come back. There's no event that can't be overwritten. I only watched it so I could debate sci fi fans and discuss it with my big brother. This is the worst writing and acting I've ever seen and there's no justice in its massive popularity and Emmy nominations.

Then again, enjoy the show Heroes fans. I've lost the war, and my brother loves it, so whatever makes you happy...
I don't want to, and I'm trying my best, but I can't help but to agree with some of what you're saying.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:17 AM
It's just getting too ridiculous. Plus, I think I would have benefited from watching the little "catch-up" show they had on before the premiere on Monday, because I was really lost on some of the plotlines last night - like Peter being in someone else's body. wtf?

It didn't help that I was only halfway paying attention last season.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #21
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
It's just getting too ridiculous. Plus, I think I would have benefited from watching the little "catch-up" show they had on before the premiere on Monday, because I was really lost on some of the plotlines last night - like Peter being in someone else's body. wtf?

It didn't help that I was only halfway paying attention last season.
Same thing happened to me.

When you introduce all-powerful characters and time travel into a show, it raises too many possibilities for the direction of the show, and the audience can pick up on that. Like, why would Peter waste time trying to open a vault with super-strength when he can phase right through it? Why introduce the time travel element when these characters can go back and change things at will? Wouldn't there be a causality loop in effect that would prevent these things from happening in the first place?

I think too much is being crammed into the show now for all of the elements to really work. I love great entertainment, especially when you mix superheroes, time travel, ninjas, midget cheerleaders, and Kristen Bell together, but sometimes too much is too much. I'm not giving up on this show entirely, but if it's as tedious as Season 2, then I'll just watch something else.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

It would be wonderful if you could kindly refrain from calling my girlfriend a midget.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Same thing happened to me.

When you introduce all-powerful characters and time travel into a show, it raises too many possibilities for the direction of the show, and the audience can pick up on that. Like, why would Peter waste time trying to open a vault with super-strength when he can phase right through it? Why introduce the time travel element when these characters can go back and change things at will? Wouldn't there be a causality loop in effect that would prevent these things from happening in the first place?

I think too much is being crammed into the show now for all of the elements to really work. I love great entertainment, especially when you mix superheroes, time travel, ninjas, midget cheerleaders, and Kristen Bell together, but sometimes too much is too much. I'm not giving up on this show entirely, but if it's as tedious as Season 2, then I'll just watch something else.
I'm giving it two more episodes. If one of the two is not at least very good, I'm out.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #24
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I'm giving it two more episodes. If one of the two is not at least very good, I'm out.
It's only fair.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:48 AM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

I finally managed to watch it and I enjoyed it... After reading reactions before hand without reading specific details I went in thinking it was going to suck and was pleasantly surprised.

Good to see Suresh's superpower of titanic stupidity remains in tact, god I hate that guy
Old 09-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Good to see Suresh's superpower of titanic stupidity remains in tact, god I hate that guy
Yeah. The irritation has finally outweighed the pretty for me.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #27
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Also, the Petrelli mom being conveniently "evil" was nearly as preposterous as "Lost" parents' cruelty to their children. Guess what? If parents are that bad, the kids usually end up pretty messed up, not with a moral conscience like Peter and Nathan.
What?! How is she "conveniently evil"? And I'd stay away from the psychology if I was you...

Quote:
Also, I wish the stripper mom would die, so I didn't have to watch her wrestle with Jessica again. I knew she wouldn't be dead, as I knew Nathan wouldn't be dead, nor Malcolm McDowell;
We don't really know if McDowell is really alive...
Old 09-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
What?! How is she "conveniently evil"? And I'd stay away from the psychology if I was you...

We don't really know if McDowell is really alive...
I don't think McDowell is alive, I think he's in Nathan's head....but that just opens the door for Muldfeld to say that Heroes is ripping off BSG.....which would be accurate, actually.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

If I were to pick a cannon of work Heroes is ripping off above all others, it's clearly X-Men.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #30
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I don't think McDowell is alive, I think he's in Nathan's head....but that just opens the door for Muldfeld to say that Heroes is ripping off BSG.....which would be accurate, actually.
Ripping off the remake of a show which was a direct rip-off of Star Wars back in the '70s, as a matter of fact.

Throw some Hezbollah references in there and we've got a fucking series.

Tags
heroes