Yatta!! Heroes Season 3 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-24-2008, 02:06 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 5,901
Local Time: 04:17 AM
she did have a thicker accent last season, i noticed.
__________________

__________________
cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:59 AM   #17
Refugee
 
Muldfeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,882
Local Time: 06:17 AM
I actually thought it was much better, for what it is, than anything in Season 2 because a lot happened. I'd rather watch this than Private Practice or Desperate Housewives or CSI or something just as commercial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
My favorite thing about last nights episode was the shot that can give everyone abilities. That is going to make mudfield go apeshit.

Seriously, I bet he hasn't posted yet because he was rushed to the hospital with an irregular heartbeat.
I totally forgot about the obvious similarity. I was too distracted by the melodramatic nonsense and terrible acting. I laughed so hard at that totally unnatural romantic moment between Suresh (with his terribly gay and unconvincing English accent) grabbing Maya in his scientific frenzy only for it to turn romantic for half a second before they felt awkward.

Also, the Petrelli mom being conveniently "evil" was nearly as preposterous as "Lost" parents' cruelty to their children. Guess what? If parents are that bad, the kids usually end up pretty messed up, not with a moral conscience like Peter and Nathan. Then again, there was that real-life case of an English couple who'd kidnap people, rape them and then kill them and how their son freed himself and turned them in. True story.

Also, I wish the stripper mom would die, so I didn't have to watch her wrestle with Jessica again. I knew she wouldn't be dead, as I knew Nathan wouldn't be dead, nor Malcolm McDowell; they're following bad comic book logic. Anyone can come back. There's no event that can't be overwritten. I only watched it so I could debate sci fi fans and discuss it with my big brother. This is the worst writing and acting I've ever seen and there's no justice in its massive popularity and Emmy nominations.

Then again, enjoy the show Heroes fans. I've lost the war, and my brother loves it, so whatever makes you happy...
__________________

__________________
Muldfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 07:17 AM
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #19
Refugee
 
Slipstream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 1,474
Local Time: 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muldfeld View Post
I actually thought it was much better, for what it is, than anything in Season 2 because a lot happened. I'd rather watch this than Private Practice or Desperate Housewives or CSI or something just as commercial.

I totally forgot about the obvious similarity. I was too distracted by the melodramatic nonsense and terrible acting. I laughed so hard at that totally unnatural romantic moment between Suresh (with his terribly gay and unconvincing English accent) grabbing Maya in his scientific frenzy only for it to turn romantic for half a second before they felt awkward.

Also, the Petrelli mom being conveniently "evil" was nearly as preposterous as "Lost" parents' cruelty to their children. Guess what? If parents are that bad, the kids usually end up pretty messed up, not with a moral conscience like Peter and Nathan. Then again, there was that real-life case of an English couple who'd kidnap people, rape them and then kill them and how their son freed himself and turned them in. True story.

Also, I wish the stripper mom would die, so I didn't have to watch her wrestle with Jessica again. I knew she wouldn't be dead, as I knew Nathan wouldn't be dead, nor Malcolm McDowell; they're following bad comic book logic. Anyone can come back. There's no event that can't be overwritten. I only watched it so I could debate sci fi fans and discuss it with my big brother. This is the worst writing and acting I've ever seen and there's no justice in its massive popularity and Emmy nominations.

Then again, enjoy the show Heroes fans. I've lost the war, and my brother loves it, so whatever makes you happy...
I don't want to, and I'm trying my best, but I can't help but to agree with some of what you're saying.
__________________
Slipstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 03:17 AM
It's just getting too ridiculous. Plus, I think I would have benefited from watching the little "catch-up" show they had on before the premiere on Monday, because I was really lost on some of the plotlines last night - like Peter being in someone else's body. wtf?

It didn't help that I was only halfway paying attention last season.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #21
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
It's just getting too ridiculous. Plus, I think I would have benefited from watching the little "catch-up" show they had on before the premiere on Monday, because I was really lost on some of the plotlines last night - like Peter being in someone else's body. wtf?

It didn't help that I was only halfway paying attention last season.
Same thing happened to me.

When you introduce all-powerful characters and time travel into a show, it raises too many possibilities for the direction of the show, and the audience can pick up on that. Like, why would Peter waste time trying to open a vault with super-strength when he can phase right through it? Why introduce the time travel element when these characters can go back and change things at will? Wouldn't there be a causality loop in effect that would prevent these things from happening in the first place?

I think too much is being crammed into the show now for all of the elements to really work. I love great entertainment, especially when you mix superheroes, time travel, ninjas, midget cheerleaders, and Kristen Bell together, but sometimes too much is too much. I'm not giving up on this show entirely, but if it's as tedious as Season 2, then I'll just watch something else.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 05:17 AM
It would be wonderful if you could kindly refrain from calling my girlfriend a midget.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Same thing happened to me.

When you introduce all-powerful characters and time travel into a show, it raises too many possibilities for the direction of the show, and the audience can pick up on that. Like, why would Peter waste time trying to open a vault with super-strength when he can phase right through it? Why introduce the time travel element when these characters can go back and change things at will? Wouldn't there be a causality loop in effect that would prevent these things from happening in the first place?

I think too much is being crammed into the show now for all of the elements to really work. I love great entertainment, especially when you mix superheroes, time travel, ninjas, midget cheerleaders, and Kristen Bell together, but sometimes too much is too much. I'm not giving up on this show entirely, but if it's as tedious as Season 2, then I'll just watch something else.
I'm giving it two more episodes. If one of the two is not at least very good, I'm out.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #24
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I'm giving it two more episodes. If one of the two is not at least very good, I'm out.
It's only fair.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:48 AM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 06:17 AM
I finally managed to watch it and I enjoyed it... After reading reactions before hand without reading specific details I went in thinking it was going to suck and was pleasantly surprised.

Good to see Suresh's superpower of titanic stupidity remains in tact, god I hate that guy
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Good to see Suresh's superpower of titanic stupidity remains in tact, god I hate that guy
Yeah. The irritation has finally outweighed the pretty for me.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #27
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muldfeld View Post
Also, the Petrelli mom being conveniently "evil" was nearly as preposterous as "Lost" parents' cruelty to their children. Guess what? If parents are that bad, the kids usually end up pretty messed up, not with a moral conscience like Peter and Nathan.
What?! How is she "conveniently evil"? And I'd stay away from the psychology if I was you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muldfeld View Post
Also, I wish the stripper mom would die, so I didn't have to watch her wrestle with Jessica again. I knew she wouldn't be dead, as I knew Nathan wouldn't be dead, nor Malcolm McDowell;
We don't really know if McDowell is really alive...
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
What?! How is she "conveniently evil"? And I'd stay away from the psychology if I was you...


We don't really know if McDowell is really alive...
I don't think McDowell is alive, I think he's in Nathan's head....but that just opens the door for Muldfeld to say that Heroes is ripping off BSG.....which would be accurate, actually.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 06:17 AM
If I were to pick a cannon of work Heroes is ripping off above all others, it's clearly X-Men.
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #30
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I don't think McDowell is alive, I think he's in Nathan's head....but that just opens the door for Muldfeld to say that Heroes is ripping off BSG.....which would be accurate, actually.
Ripping off the remake of a show which was a direct rip-off of Star Wars back in the '70s, as a matter of fact.

Throw some Hezbollah references in there and we've got a fucking series.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heroes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com