X-Men Origins:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks promising, mainly because I think that Hugh Jackman does a brilliant Wolverine.

What I've always liked about Wolverine is the mystery surrounding the details of his life. Unfortunately, whenever they've fleshed out the details in any of the comics, I've always been greatly disappointed. :shrug:

I'm a little disappointed to see that they're changing the actors for a few parts---Sabretooth, Stryker, and even Scott Summers ( :shocked: ). Disappointed mainly for continuity's sake, not necessarily acting-wise.

I knew absolutely nothing about X-Men going into the first movie, and enjoyed all the movies (yes, the third one was pretty sub-par compared to the other two, but I still enjoyed it).

I cannot WAIT for this.

Plus, obligatory silly girl talk: Hugh Jackman = YUM.

Awesome. I will be there with bells on.

I f'n LOVE the X-men. I really enjoyed all three of the earlier movies (the 3rd one the least) so this should be fun.

Nothing will be as good as the old X-men cartoon, though.

xmen-3.jpg

I wouldn't call the first X-Men movie great. It was kind of lightweight. X2, however. I'd call X2 the best "second film setting up for a fucking legendarily amazing third film" ever.

However, we all know the end to that story. Fuck Bryan Singer.

Not only would we have another shitty Superman movie, but we very likely would have had one of the best comic-book movies ever in a true X3.

I think this has the potential to be a fantastic flick or another Elektra. Time will tell....

ah yes Superman... I have yet to force myself to watch that yet.

It really is a shame, the Dark Phoenix saga had so much more potential...

True, but how much of that would translate well to the screen? Anything certainly beats the "Jean standing there angrily through half of the movie" thing, to a certain extent at least.

I really love X2 and think X-Men is pretty fun, although the action sequences leave a bit to be desired... I kinda wish I hadn't paid to see X3 in theaters.

True, but how much of that would translate well to the screen? Anything certainly beats the "Jean standing there angrily through half of the movie" thing, to a certain extent at least.

Yeah, it would've been hard to get the Dark Phoenix Saga on film and do it well without seeming too hokey. But they certainly could've fulfilled so much more of the potential. I mean, seeing the Phoenix "flying" through the lake at the end of X2 was so promising...!

Crappy trailer (thanks guys, repeat a few scenes from X2, why don't you), but I can't wait to see this movie. Hopefully it won't be as mediocre as X3. The only scene in X3 I really enjoyed was the one where the woman locked her car door upon seeing Magneto. That movie could have been SO good if Bryan Singer hadn't buggered off to do Superman.

EDIT: Never mind about the first sentence - I just saw now that it's a fanmade trailer.

I'm pissed because I've never seen the Usual Suspects and some asshole spoiled the ending for me about 3 years ago. Is it worth watching anyway?

I'm pissed because I've never seen the Usual Suspects and some asshole spoiled the ending for me about 3 years ago. Is it worth watching anyway?

I started watching at a friend's place about 15 minutes before the reveal and was like, "Duh, I could've told you that's who it was." Apparently, it's a big mystery prior to those 15 minutes. :shrug: I've never seen it since...

Back
Top Bottom