X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
From her official website.
http://www.gilliananderson.ws/news/index.shtml#newsitemEEZZyAuVlZsVmDEwGZ

A New Message From Gillian
Posted at 4:46 PM (PDT) on Thursday, April 26, 2007

THIS IS A BLOG - IT IS THE FIRST AND THE LAST

I want to address the recent confusion around whether or not I enjoyed working on the X-Files which seems to have stemmed from out-takes of interviews past present and future as far as I can work out. I don't even know where to begin but I need to keep it short and with my claws in.

My experience is that whether I am asked about the X-Files or not in an interview, details about the series and my previous comments about the series are included in the text.

If I am asked about the series, and I ask to not stay too long on the subject due to the fact that I am promoting something else, I am frequently made out to be moody/abrupt/rude/dismissive you name it. If I do talk about the series, which I recently did as it was blatantly clear that the interviewer did not like the film I was promoting, I try to make it light and fun and not repeat myself as even I am sick of hearing the same old yarn.

What usually happens is that they ask about the long hours - I say yes they were long - they say, but you have said that at times it was a living hell and I say, yes at times it was... it was insane and long and wet and all that but there were good times too - and then the interviewer says provocatively - as if I'm either an idiot for staying in the series under such conditions or an idiot for saying it was so challenging when clearly it wasn't because I stayed - why didn't you get out? And my response which is as much incredulity that someone who has written for years about the television industry has either never heard of a contract or has the shallowness to pretend he has never heard of a contract - I say, "are you kidding me?! when you go to network you sign a contract even before your last audition".....

So the dilemma, do I go on explaining the X-F contract/salary details - as if he really cares - all the while injecting positive quips about the show and how grateful I am, or do I cut it short because I really don't want to be in this conversation yet again even though I know that no matter how nicely I request the end, it will, especially in this situation, be contorted to fit the snippy mood of the journalist. None of this has much of anything to do with my experience on the series let alone me as a person.

The series went on for a long time - longer than any of us had anticipated or some of us had wished. It was the hardest work I will ever do in my life. I hope for the sake of my children and my sanity that I never have to work that hard again.

Did I hate it? At times yes.

Did I love it? At times yes.

Did I regret it or do I regret it now? Not for a second.

Did David and I hate each other? At times yes like any brother and sister, husband and wife, co-worker and co-worker forced to spend that much time together under such strenuous circumstances.

Do we hate each other now? Not in the least.

Do I imagine that when we do the film together we won't hate each other for a few hours during the filming? No. We will. Vehemently. As David waits patiently, again and again for the hair dryer to calm my frizzy hair between takes so it matches the beginning of the scene... he will undoubtedly be thinking "what the hell was I thinking agreeing to shoot with her f****** frizzy hair again?"

But we will also love each other and laugh with each other and pull pranks on each other and bug each other like we did for nine years.

And that's that.

I'll freaking believe it when I see it. They've been yammering about an X-Files 2 flick coming out for years now.

Yeah, I think they passed the window of opportunity for this by a few years. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Scully on the big screen again :drool: (provided she's not spending the entire season/movie in a hospital trying to win an award for looking the most miserable), but I'm not holding my breath.

As much as I loves me some X-Files (and I mean GOOD X Files, not so much the last couple of seasons that were meandering) I really don't think that the fanbase is as strong as it was a few years back.

I'd love to see Gillian Anderson on the big screen...oh, yes...I would VERY much like to see her again, but I just think X Files is a done deal...

although I did see David Duchovny on Letterman a few weeks ago....I thoght he was acting a bit odd....but he stills looks hot!

Rafiennes said:
As much as I loves me some X-Files (and I mean GOOD X Files, not so much the last couple of seasons that were meandering) I really don't think that the fanbase is as strong as it was a few years back.

that never stopped them from making all those star trek movies

and also, I think there is a huge over reaction to this one blog entry

there is nothing else out there to support another X-Files movie

but I suppose

"The Truth Is Out There"

and

"I Want to Believe"

I'm all for an "X-Files 2"!!!!!

But I think they better get their acts together and do it soon before D&G look like:

cap204.jpg

cap263.jpg

:giggle:

Ahhhh Gillian Anderson. When I figured out how to work my penis back in the day she was my big TV crush :cute:

Diemen said:
Yeah, I think they passed the window of opportunity for this by a few years. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Scully on the big screen again.

Sad to say, the window of XF movie opportunity closed when the series ended. As much as I'd also like to see Scully and Mulder on the big screen again, I'll believe there's going to be another XF movie when I finally buy my ticket on opening day (Ms. Anderson's blog entry notwithstanding). :wink:

that never stopped them from making all those star trek movies

Star Trek has more fans than the XF did. And they don't make Star Trek movies any more either, do they?

jobob said:

Star Trek has more fans than the XF did. And they don't make Star Trek movies any more either, do they?

They're making one now actually. A sort of reboot to the series directed by J.J. Abrams.

*SPOILER* Warning! Spoiler if you haven't seen the series the whole way through!

My question is: who's left?

After "The Truth", we have Mulder, Scully, Dogget, Reyes and Skinner, but all the "bad" guys are gone. Cigarette Smoking Man was DEFINITELY killed that time. Krychek was dead. Maria Kdlshfioereionvdsaljiotyghsdlakreiouvetas was no longer bad. The Bounty Hunter was gone. That one main Supersolider was killed, along with another one. The only feasible bad guy left was the Deputy Director Kersh, but it was unsure if even he was truly bad.

Aliens and monsters I guess. Those would have to be the bad guys in "X-Files 2".

Screw it! As long as it has Mulder and Scully who cares!!!!!! :drool: :wink:

If they do a second movie, it should definitely be of the "monster of the week" variety. They'd have far more success (story-wise, fan-wise) with that kind of story than if they tried to back track and add more confusion to the mytharc, or try and pick up where the mytharc left off.

That would just lead to more bitterness and eye rolling.

I don't have a good feeling about this...but if it does end up coming out, I'll go see it for old times' sake.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=42452

David Duchovny, who played special agent Fox Mulder on the television series The X-Files and in the 1998 feature film, told reporters that he will be getting a finished script of a proposed second movie this week. Speaking in a news conference at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif. on July 14, Duchovny said that The X-Files creator Chris Carter drafted the new script with longtime producing partner Frank Spotnitz. (Duchovny was promoting his new Showtime series Californication.)

"Chris has written it with Frank Spotnitz, and Chris will direct it," Duchovny said. "And [co-star Gillian Anderson is] on board, and I'm on board, and that's all I can tell you. I mean, I'm looking forward to seeing what he did."

Rumors of a second film have been circulating since the previous one came out. This time, Duchovny said that the long-anticipated sequel project is finally moving forward.

"Before, I would just say that because they told me," Duchovny said. "But now I've been talking to Chris and he's been giving me progress reports. He actually called yesterday and said next week we should have something."

Duchovny added that he's looking forward to bringing back Mulder because "he's cool." Filming for the proposed stand-alone film would begin in November, with an eye towards release in the summer of 2008, he said. -Cindy White

Muldfeld said:

Duchovny added that he's looking forward to bringing back Mulder because "he's cool."

:lol: I hardly doubt that is the true reason he is looking forward to it. DD finally realized he sucked as an actor and that Mulder was the only role he could get right.

I know I sound harsh...but...as an obsessed fan back in the day I had to sit through his awful films. I learned the hard way that I liked the character better than the actor.

I hope they bring Tooms back. Those episodes were nuggets of joy for us shippers.

I remember Tooms, he would have to eat some livers after so many years then go back into hibernation. I remember at the end he was just sitting there licking paper and throwing it in the corner building his cocoon. :yuck:

I also remember his eyes, when they turned yellow. Freaky!

That was early X-Files. :up:

Back
Top Bottom