X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the worst picture of David Duchovny I have ever seen. And that's counting his mullet in the movie The Rapture. Is his face melting?

2700581470_7b266feefa.jpg

:drool: :drool: :combust:

When was this picture taken? Is it a fairly recent one?

I wanna say that is the episode where in the very beginning he made some sort of David Copperfield comment...something about an elephant running through the streets and tearing shit up?

It's all a blur to me. If you had asked me like, 5 years ago, I would've been able to tell you the episode name, MotD, season# and ep #, and perhaps even original air date.

I wanna say that is the episode where in the very beginning he made some sort of David Copperfield comment...something about an elephant running through the streets and tearing shit up?

It's all a blur to me. If you had asked me like, 5 years ago, I would've been able to tell you the episode name, MotD, season# and ep #, and perhaps even original air date.

Ah, yes. Can't remember the title but the episode was about aliens abducting zoo animals. When they were returned the affects of the experience turned them invisible and wild. The aliens were taking this gorilla's unborn babies away. The ending was pretty sad as they couldn't protect the gorilla and she died. Great episode. :up:

Ohhhh, I'm wracking my brain to think of the episode title. Five years or so ago, I could have named it in, like, 10 seconds.

I remember the gorilla's name was Sophie. Does that help? :wink:

Edit: I went to Google. It's called "Fearful Symmetry."

Hmm ... I'm seeing reactions from some of my friends from back in those wild days of XF fandom, and they seem pleased, some very pleased.

I think this bodes well and I may be pleasantly surprised!

Oh, and I have heard this much: stay through the credits. Ooh, must be something extra and fun!

Hmm ... I'm seeing reactions from some of my friends from back in those wild days of XF fandom, and they seem pleased, some very pleased.

I think this bodes well and I may be pleasantly surprised!

Oh, and I have heard this much: stay through the credits. Ooh, must be something extra and fun!
really? that's awesome. i'm not interested in the movie at all, but my mom's a huge fan. i felt bad because it was getting spotty reviews, but i'll be sure to pass this on :D

but i'm glad it's liked amongst fans, though. because that's what matters.

Ha, well, that's easy for you to say, you don't work for 20th Century Fox.

There is a reason that this film is a stand-alone film, and not directly connected to any old story lines: 20th wanted people that were not fans to come see it. Not saying that I agree, or disagree, but it is a business and big budget films that attract die-hard fans only are deemed to be failures.

That being said, I do at least hope that people like Cor and Mia go and enjoy it, critics be damned.

I only stayed for a bit of the credits. Plan on going back and seeing the movie again so will see if I missed anything the first time.

Here is my review of the movie and it does contain spoilers! While I found the movie to be very good honestly I felt that it was like a really long episode. See where they were going with it all but it just lacked something. Just not able to put my finger on it right now. The organ harvesting reminded me of an episode they had done in the past regarding that topic.

Regarding Mulder and Scully it was so nice to see them together again :love: I can't believe Im saying this either but I kind of wish they hadn't ended up as a couple. Realized that I enjoyed it a lot more when they kept getting close but never reached that point. Don't get me wrong I got really excited at their moments together! Found myself though not reacting the way I initially thought how I was going to react. Waited so many years for this to happen! Oh and it was nice seeing Skinner having a cameo in the movie :up: As for Xzibit and Amanda Peet I didn't care for their characters.

It was .... okay. It was a delight seeing Mulder and Scully again, and there were many moments were the fangirl in me said "SQUEEEEEEEE!" and clapped her hands in glee (and I might have done it out loud as well ... okay, I did do it many times out loud).

But it was just okay. The story was kind of meh, the side story with Scully's patient was too heavy-handed, and I was so confused as to what was going on with Mulder and Scully's relationship.

There was another fangirl in our row, and she kept squeeing at the same points we did. Skinner's appearance raised a pretty big laugh and cheer, which was great.

BonosBaby, you said you only stayed for part of the credits - did you see the big payoff? Something with a boat on the ocean? :wink:

As for it being a stand-alone, I think that was the only wise choice they could have made. If they'd dared make it a continuation of the alien colonization storyline, it would only have pissed off a large part of the diehard fans, who (let's face it) are going to be the primary audience for this. There's no way they could have pulled out another story from that pot after having declared it "done" at the end of the series.

And I thought that X-Biscuit guy was horrible. Who decided he should be in movies?

It was .... okay.

I felt that it was like a really long episode. See where they were going with it all but it just lacked something.

WARNING: SPOILERS

I agree. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't very X-File-y, if that makes any sense. Organ harvesting? Not a very "monster-of-the-week" storyline; more like Cold Case or Law & Order. And, yes, they did do organ harvesting before in "Hell Money", with Lucy Liu as the dying, sick daughter.

All-in-all, I thought the first 1/2 was very slow. It was like one of the quieter, more subtle episodes. And I loved the quieter, more subtle episodes. But when you make a feature film, and especially a comeback type of film, you need to make that movie really pop! This movie just didn't pop very much, and then when it did finally start to sizzle and jump, it was over just like that!

I really loved seeing Mulder and Scully again, and it kind of caught me off guard to see them in bed together. It was very shocking. :ohmy:

I was also confused about some things. Were they living together? Scully states that living in isolation isn't doing Mulder any good, which made me think he lived alone, but during that one scene they were talking about going home. Were they talking about going to their separate homes? And if so, if they don't live together, it kind of makes them seem more like "f" buddies than anything else. :huh:

And the molestation victim/transplant guy . . . why were they transplanting him with female body parts? Was he some sort of Buffalo Bill/Silence of the Lambs transexual? Are there no males with the same blood type to kidnap and kill?

I like Amanda Peet and I felt she brought her character to life. But Xzbit, wow! Baaaaaaaaad! I was not happy ever since I heard he was cast. It was like the stereotypical "angry, surly cop" to the extreme. I was, however, really bummed when Amanda Peet "fell". That sucked.

I may see it again. Not sure. I did like the little quick clip at the end of the credits. That was cute.

I'll probably be back in here later with more thoughts and queries.

You know, the more I think about it, the less I liked it. BUT, the Mulder and Scully bits made me happy, because it was so nice to see them again.

MANY SPOILERS BELOW

What I liked:

The little shout-outs to the series (sunflower seeds, mentions of writers/producers' names, pencils in the ceiling - HA!).

I'm sure Mulder and Scully waving to the camera from their little boat at the end is kind of cheesy, but I took it as Mulder and Scully waving goodbye to the fans, which for me, was really sweet. It's nice closure.

The bad:

What was with the Bush/Hoover joke? Where they stood in front of the door at the FBI and looked between the two pictures as the theme notes played in the background? It was obviously played for laughs, but I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be some inside joke or a callout for a past episode (I couldn't figure what it might have been), or just a cheap shot like "Get a load of this joker we have as president," in which case - really lame and unnecessary (and I'm no fan of Bush).

What was with the Googling? It read to me like Scully saying "Okay, I pulled that whole stem cell thing out of my ass. Better get to Googling to see if that's actually true!"

Like Fitzchivalry, I couldn't tell if the Frankenstein couple were trying to make baldy a woman or what. It didn't even occur to me at first, to be honest. I thought okay, they're gay, that's nice. The movie just wanted to say "look how current we are! We recognize that a gay couple can marry in Massacusetts!"

But then I wondered, why not just kidnap men? Wouldn't that make more sense to attach the guy's head to a man's body? But if it's because of the rare blood type, they probably had to take what they could get, and it was only women they found with that blood type.

And it wasn't clear at first if baldy was dying or not. I know they said he'd had lung cancer at the end, but they never really said it up front, did they? We know he was the guy who had been coming after the FBI agent at the beginning ... but I had assumed for most of the movie that they were just trying to save baldy's life by sticking his head on another body to keep him alive.

But if the writers meant to have it be a transexual sort of thing they were doing ... that's just a horrid, horrid choice. "Oh, those wicked evil gays and their Frankenstein ways!!!!!" If that wasn't the intent, then why not make the transport person a guy who's trying to save his wife's/girlfriend's/sister's/mother's life?

Oh, and are we supposed to assume that Mulder killed/hurt that dog we saw whimpering in the snow? Damn people, the hero should never have to hurt/kill an animal, even if it's to save his own ass.

Eh. I'm not sorry I saw it, and it was fun to watch it with another fan from way back, but I think they could have done a much better job.

I may come back and respond to some of these questions later, I think I may have some answers.

But all I will say for now is

The X Files - I Wanted to Be leaveing about 10 minutes into this poor excuse of a movie

and no, I did not stay for any of the credits. me, not a fangirl.

One of my friends had this to say about Scully's behavior in the movie with regard to Mulder, and I have to agree. I couldn't keep up of what was going on in her head.

"Mulder, please leave your crazy room and help the FBI. No, wait, Mulder, stop helping and doing what I earnestly asked you to do. Oh, by the way, Mulder, I can't be with you now and won't be coming home because you're getting all invested in some spooky case the way you always did for the first 7 years I knew you before you died and then ran off for a year as I still held onto you and your spirit and our true love. Hmm, I guess maybe everything is okay after all. Carry on. I'm going to work now, then we'll go away. Let's go tropical. You row."

HEE!

Well, that absolutely bombed. Thanks to MetaCritic and RottenTomatoes reviews do play a large part in the success of mainstream cinema. Unless the movie is a horror feature or a chick flick, negative reviews will greatly hurt any other film's box office draw.

Anyway, this thing only made $4 million yesterday. And we have to take into account that all of the fangirls/boys go to see Sci-Fi flicks the second they open. Sad to see X-Files go out this way but it's not like the last two seasons weren't despised and had low viewership levels...

I dunno that you can really blame bad reviews solely for its poor performance.

I mean, how many people saw the ads and said "X-Files? Isn't that that show about aliens and shit that was on in the 90s?" and just didn't feel compelled to see it, bad reviews or no?

Plus, it wasn't necessarily clear from the trailers that it wasn't about aliens or about the continuing storylines from the show, so someone who thought of the show and about that storyline might have thought "I got so sick of all that alien shit and how confusing it got on the show" and stayed home.

I don't think they made this movie JUST for the diehards (because that's silly), but I have to agree with some of my friends: if you thought the last season or two of the show were a big "fuck you" to the fans of Mulder & Scully, this movie is a bit of an apology.

I mean, they could have apologized with a better movie, but at least it left Moose & Squirrel in a nicer place. :)

Back
Top Bottom