X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #586
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 06:28 PM
Ah ok. Well, I want to believe, there will be a third movie
__________________

__________________
bono_man2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #587
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 03:28 AM
Yeah, me too!
Procrastinating seeing this movie is gonna be a lot easier on me! If it's that much like an extended episode, I don't see the point in seeing it at the theater, much rather get it on DVD and watch it a few times!
__________________

__________________
Serena Vox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #588
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 11:28 PM
I don't like season 1 nearly as much as some of the next few seasons. I think 3 and 4 are outstanding, but all the seasons have some really strong and some pretty weak episodes.

Even season 8. I will not mention season 9.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #589
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 12:28 AM
IMO, Season 4 was the best. Just absolutely PHENOMENAL from start to finish. I remember being amazed and (b/c I watched the wholes series on DVD from August '05 -- February '06) thinking after I finished Season 4, Wow! There wasn't one bad episode in that season! Every episode was either good, really good, or downright freakin' great! I never thought that about any other season of X-Files.

$13 million at the box office doesn't bode well to me for another movie.
__________________
FitzChivalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #590
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
IMO, Season 4 was the best. Just absolutely PHENOMENAL from start to finish. I remember being amazed and (b/c I watched the wholes series on DVD from August '05 -- February '06) thinking after I finished Season 4, Wow! There wasn't one bad episode in that season! Every episode was either good, really good, or downright freakin' great! I never thought that about any other season of X-Files.

$13 million at the box office doesn't bode well to me for another movie.
It may be possible that if sales of X-Files products like DVD's, music and books are high surrounding the time of the movie's release the studio will okay another movie though probably with a smaller budget.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:44 PM   #591
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 11:28 PM
I don't see the sales of the DVDs etc increasing. If there were loads of new fans who loved the movie and want to pick up the DVDs, sure, but so far it doesn't look like that's the case.

I'm not sorry they did a second movie, and it was nice they did after so long, but I think the ship has sailed.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:43 AM   #592
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
Wow! There wasn't one bad episode in that season! Every episode was either good, really good, or downright freakin' great!
Oh I disagree. I thought "The Field Where My Career Died" was absolute crap. I actually remember rewinding my tape to rewatch Unruhe (the ep that aired the week prior) so that I wouldn't go to bed disappointed that night. I know DD isn't the best actor in the world, but damn that was laaaaaaaaame.
__________________
unico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #593
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 11:28 PM
Oh my god, I hated that episode. Mulder and his crumply crying face. ew.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #594
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I will not mention season 9.
would you like this stricken from the record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
Oh I disagree. I thought "The Field Where My Career Died" was absolute crap. I actually remember rewinding my tape to rewatch Unruhe (the ep that aired the week prior) so that I wouldn't go to bed disappointed that night. I know DD isn't the best actor in the world, but damn that was laaaaaaaaame.
which episode was this one again?
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #595
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
would you like this stricken from the record?



which episode was this one again?
It was the one with the field and the dead career.




As for the movie....I loved the X-Files, but the fact that the movie wasn't a continuation of the main story really put my interest low on the scale. I want to know WTF happened with the aliens, oil, Krycheck, cigarette man, well manicured man, etc etc etc. I don't want to watch an FBI movie, I want to watch an X-File. So that's my $.02.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #596
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 11:28 PM
The Field Where I Died featured a Jim Jones type cult, reincarnation, and Mulder's "soul mate" supposedly being this annoying cult member, and they both got all hypnotized and junk to regress back to their supposed past lives during the civil war.

It sucked, and Duchovny is not a good onscreen crier. Oh, and it didn't just suck because the writers dared to insinuate that Scully isn't Mulder's soul mate.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #597
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
The Field Where I Died featured a Jim Jones type cult, reincarnation, and Mulder's "soul mate" supposedly being this annoying cult member, and they both got all hypnotized and junk to regress back to their supposed past lives during the civil war.

It sucked, and Duchovny is not a good onscreen crier. Oh, and it didn't just suck because the writers dared to insinuate that Scully isn't Mulder's soul mate.
jeez, I don't even remember that one, maybe I repressed it...
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #598
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
jobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: walking out to the street
Posts: 6,957
Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
The Field Where I Died featured a Jim Jones type cult, reincarnation, and Mulder's "soul mate" supposedly being this annoying cult member, and they both got all hypnotized and junk to regress back to their supposed past lives during the civil war.

It sucked, and Duchovny is not a good onscreen crier. Oh, and it didn't just suck because the writers dared to insinuate that Scully isn't Mulder's soul mate.
No, it also sucked because it had a bad script.

Quote:
jeez, I don't even remember that one, maybe I repressed it...
God, I wish I'd repressed it.

I have, however, successfully repressed most of Season 9.
__________________
jobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #599
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 11:28 PM
Me too!

I'm still mad that Chris Carter killed off the Lone Gunmen in season 9, and made me not care about it.

I recall there was a goofy episode with Burt Reynolds as a guest star, another one about a guy obsessed with The Brady Bunch or something, and another storyline where they solved what had happened to Doggett's kid years ago, and Lucy Lawless as a super soldier ...

And some crap about Mulder and Scully's Magical Alien Baby and how they gave it to a married couple who had a farm in the middle of nowhere or something, because they had to protect him and gee, no one can ever know about this Magical Alien Baby baby, and surely the bad guys will never find the baby with a family just living on a farm... or maybe we should just write him out of the show because we really fucked up that story.

(It was a really cute baby, though. I remember that.)
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #600
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post

And some crap about Mulder and Scully's Magical Alien Baby and how they gave it to a married couple who had a farm in the middle of nowhere or something, because they had to protect him and gee, no one can ever know about this Magical Alien Baby baby, and surely the bad guys will never find the baby with a family just living on a farm...
Hey, sounds like Revenge of the Sith!
__________________

__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
x-files, x-files 2, x-files 2 movie, x-files movie

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com