Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #541
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
BonosBaby, you said you only stayed for part of the credits - did you see the big payoff? Something with a boat on the ocean?
Nooooooo I missed that! Must have walked out right before that came on. What was it? Im too impatient until I see the movie again to find out what this is all about lol.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #542
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
You excel at being offensive and a jerk and an offensive jerk who offends people.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #543
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonosBaby12 View Post
Nooooooo I missed that! Must have walked out right before that came on. What was it? Im too impatient until I see the movie again to find out what this is all about lol.
Behind the credits, the camera pans over ice and snow and snow and ice, and then it eventually becomes water, and as the camera pulls farther away, you see an island off in the distance, and you see a boat on the water.

We get closer, and it's Mulder rowing the boat, with Scully lounging next to him in a bikini. As the camera pulls away, they wave up at the camera.

Awwww.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #544
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Again?
Old 07-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #545
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:14 PM
I fail as an X-Files fan as I haven't even it yet. I am hoping to go see it sometime within the next week or so. The bad reviews are really worrying though, as well as the opinions I've heard/read about it. I'd still rather go see it for myself than miss out entirely solely because of that.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #546
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Behind the credits, the camera pans over ice and snow and snow and ice, and then it eventually becomes water, and as the camera pulls farther away, you see an island off in the distance, and you see a boat on the water.

We get closer, and it's Mulder rowing the boat, with Scully lounging next to him in a bikini. As the camera pulls away, they wave up at the camera.

Awwww.
Awwwwwwww I can't believe I missed that! How adorable!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #547
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Reviews were horrid, sadly. 31% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I know, I know, nobody cares about reviews, just passing the info along.
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Helllloooo new Avatar!

The reviews so far have been less than favorable:

The X-Files: I Want to Believe Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

yeouch, 29% at rotten tomatoes

But I still want to see this, I'm thinking of taking my wife on Saturday...
I didn't get a chance to go and see it after all, is this a "big screen" picture or can I get away with renting it later?
Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #548
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Again?
That's what you get for saying "Y'all come back now, ya hear?" after the first time.

I think they tried that shit on Lance's Mom once but she told them unless they paid $7.99 upfront it wasn't going to happen.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #549
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
I didn't get a chance to go and see it after all, is this a "big screen" picture or can I get away with renting it later?
I would definitely wait for DVD unless you must have more Mulder and Scully right this instant! Honestly, that would be the only reason to go and see it on the big screen.

It will lose nothing on a TV.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #550
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
That being said, I do at least hope that people like Cor and Mia go and enjoy it, critics be damned.
I did and I did
Fuck critics. For years the show was considered a "cult hit" when it first came out. I'm one of very few who loved it from the first airing of Pilot.

It's great seeing it with the same people you squee'd over it years ago. It brought a lot to the movie-viewing experience, I think. I think when you're with people like that you tend to just appreciate the movie for what it is and I went in with an opened and less critical mind. It was just great to have an X-Philer reunion with our heroes of the day on the big screen.

I loved it, better than the first even.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #551
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
I loved it, better than the first even.
Okay, that piqued my curiosity. What did you like more about this one, or what didn't you like about the first one?

I loved the first one, but once the show picked up again it pissed me off that they barely acknowledged anything that happened in the movie. But that was more the show's fault and not the movie.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #552
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Okay, that piqued my curiosity. What did you like more about this one, or what didn't you like about the first one?

I loved the first one, but once the show picked up again it pissed me off that they barely acknowledged anything that happened in the movie. But that was more the show's fault and not the movie.
Granted, it has been eons since I've seen Fight the Future, but I'll do a comparison based on the feelings it invoked, since it is usually stronger than memory of specifics.

FTF, to me, felt like it was trying to be this huge summer blockbuster that was reaching for a wider audience. I felt like it was ADD, just jumping from one thing to the next. I wanted the movie to be more intense, but not intense in the sense of more explosions and chases, however more intense on character dynamics, which, I believe was the heart of the series. I didn't despise FTF, I just think if I had both DVDs in hand and had to choose to revisit only one, it would be XF2.

XF2 was definitely more like an extended episode. I loved the little nuggets of joy that were obviously put in there for the fans to appreciate (A wasp sex book on the nightstand!) I liked seeing Mulder and Scully start off together, separate for their own journeys, which, then led them back to each other. To me, their relationship is what the show was really about, not the cases, the chases, the conspiracy. Those are fun moments, but I find more meaning from watching the two main characters develop.

sidenote: at the 2nd bar we went to before the movie, there was an abstract painting hanging on the wall facing us with splashes of colors, lines, and the occasional text. We all noticed the word "HOPE"...and it turns out, that was the theme of the movie!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #553
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
(A wasp sex book on the nightstand!)
That book is actually WASPs Having Sex (I believe that's the title), and it's a novel written by Dori Carter, Chris Carter's wife.

Mulder & Scully relationship wise, yeah, I'd go with the second.

I thought the stand alone story in the second movie was so subpar, however, that it makes me prefer the first movie overall, whether or not it succeeded or failed as a movie that would draw in non-fans.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #554
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I thought the stand alone story in the second movie was so subpar, however, that it makes me prefer the first movie overall, whether or not it succeeded or failed as a movie that would draw in non-fans.
I had heard it was basically a rip off of Silence Of The Lambs...
Old 07-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #555
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
That book is actually WASPs Having Sex (I believe that's the title), and it's a novel written by Dori Carter, Chris Carter's wife.

Mulder & Scully relationship wise, yeah, I'd go with the second.

Ah thanks! THAT'S the title. I won't forget it now.

You're right, to be honest, I didn't care much about the case itself. But, I think it at least served its purpose.

Oh, and apparently I really missed Mark Snow over the past few years and had no idea until I saw this movie.

Tags
x-files, x-files 2, x-files 2 movie, x-files movie