X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you talking about the blonde agent in the one or two office scenes? There was a younger blonde woman I could have sworn was the same actress who played Skinner's assistant on the show. I don't know if we're talking about the same person - the nurse in "One Breath" watching Scully was an older, heavier woman.

BUT! The woman on the videoscreen while Scully was having a conference meeting at work? She was the same nurse at the end of the "One Breath" episode who told Scully the other nurse didn't exist.

And I've been told that the agent who passes Mulder in the hall at the FBI and shares a look with him? It's the actress who played the young Samantha! I'm sorry I didn't know that going in so I could watch for her.

I just got back from watching it. There was absolutely no one in the theater, which was kind of sad. I went in with pretty low expectations from all the bad reviews and reactions I'd heard, and I can see why people haven't been thrilled. I think it succeeded at doing what it was aiming to do, feel like the old series and focus on the main characters again. It really did feel like an extended episode, which I think they may have actually been trying for, but unfortunately didn't really feel like a "movie", which I thought the first film did. I was actually expecting the story / case to be much more supernatural and creepy from the trailers, but it was sufficiently strange I suppose. It was nice to see them in a setting not in California again, and I really liked all the scenes out in the snow. While I liked it for what it was, it's still a little hard not to be some what disappointed.

I suppose my fear now is that this is how the whole series will end. While that's a whole lot better than how the last season ended, I still would like a decent amount more than what we got. With the reception this film has received, I'm just scared now that this is it.

By the way, I had a good laugh at the scene with the president's photo in FBI headquarters. Quite unexpected, good stuff.

I finally got to see it last night. Couldn't make the opening on friday after all but 1 day wasn't too bad to wait. :wink:

Just a quick flying visit while i dry my hair before going out, will be back to say more later tonight.

Me and the boyfriend liked most of the film. We did feel like it was a long episode. There were bits we liked and bits we didn't. Will be back later about that. I seriously squeed over the Mulder/Scully bed bit. :lol:

It was so awesome seeing Mulder and Scully together on screen again. :love:

Also just a mention i found you can download a podcast on iTunes with Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz talking about the making of the film, how Apple Technology was played its part in the film and they answer SoHo store customers questions. It's about 41 minutes long. :wink: Not had chance to download it yet so not sure what its like.

Be back later. :wave:

So I went to see the movie again yesterday, and I enjoyed it so much more than the first time! I picked up on a few little things I missed the first time, plus it was in a much better cinema.

And I've just finished season one, and started season two of the dvd's! :hyper:

So I went to see the movie again yesterday, and I enjoyed it so much more than the first time! I picked up on a few little things I missed the first time, plus it was in a much better cinema.

And I've just finished season one, and started season two of the dvd's! :hyper:

there are so many stand alone episodes and even multi- part episodes that are much, much better than this current movie.

If you liked the movie, the series will blow you away

Oh, and are we supposed to assume that Mulder killed/hurt that dog we saw whimpering in the snow? Damn people, the hero should never have to hurt/kill an animal, even if it's to save his own ass.

Wasn't it the 2-headed dog? Maybe the writers figured killing freaks of nature would be okay with audiences.

As many have said, the whole thing could and should have been a whole lot better. Oh well, still better than the last few seasons of the show I guess.

there are so many stand alone episodes and even multi- part episodes that are much, much better than this current movie.

If you liked the movie, the series will blow you away

:yes: I've enjoyed the series so much more than the movie, some episodes have managed to really spook me out, whilst the movie didn't.

The Season One Finale, I thought was brilliant! :up:

Amazing episode. To me the first season of The X-Files was the best. :up:

I'm not sure what to think yet, I've only watched one episode of season two, but, season one was brilliant.

The Eugene Tooms Episodes, the one where the guy can manipulate fire, the one in the woods with the bugs (Sorry I'm terrible with episode names) there were a couple of duds, season one was great!

I still have yet to see it. I was psyched up for it until I saw all the bad reviews and such for it. Extended episode? I'm thinking I'll just wait until DVD for this film.

My other issue with seeing it is that since it apparently has not/did not do well, is that this really will be the end of The X-Files. I was quite distraught with the series ending all those years ago and seeing this movie to me, will solidify that it really is over, unless by some fluke that they DO decide to do a third movie. I don't know, I want to see it but I am afraid of being disappointed and it being the end, fullstop. All things do come to an end but The X-Files is my television love and always will be!

Providing the new film makes enough money, there's talk of another movie in the future....
Precisely why I'm afraid it's the end.
It's said in my article about the movie too, I believe. I haven't checked any box office stats or anything but I'm sure that it probably hasn't done too good, judging from all I've heard.

:lol: Yeah, me too!
Procrastinating seeing this movie is gonna be a lot easier on me! If it's that much like an extended episode, I don't see the point in seeing it at the theater, much rather get it on DVD and watch it a few times!

I don't like season 1 nearly as much as some of the next few seasons. I think 3 and 4 are outstanding, but all the seasons have some really strong and some pretty weak episodes.

Even season 8. I will not mention season 9.

IMO, Season 4 was the best. Just absolutely PHENOMENAL from start to finish. I remember being amazed and (b/c I watched the wholes series on DVD from August '05 -- February '06) thinking after I finished Season 4, Wow! There wasn't one bad episode in that season! Every episode was either good, really good, or downright freakin' great! I never thought that about any other season of X-Files.

$13 million at the box office doesn't bode well to me for another movie. :sad:

IMO, Season 4 was the best. Just absolutely PHENOMENAL from start to finish. I remember being amazed and (b/c I watched the wholes series on DVD from August '05 -- February '06) thinking after I finished Season 4, Wow! There wasn't one bad episode in that season! Every episode was either good, really good, or downright freakin' great! I never thought that about any other season of X-Files.

$13 million at the box office doesn't bode well to me for another movie. :sad:

It may be possible that if sales of X-Files products like DVD's, music and books are high surrounding the time of the movie's release the studio will okay another movie though probably with a smaller budget.

I don't see the sales of the DVDs etc increasing. If there were loads of new fans who loved the movie and want to pick up the DVDs, sure, but so far it doesn't look like that's the case.

I'm not sorry they did a second movie, and it was nice they did after so long, but I think the ship has sailed.

Wow! There wasn't one bad episode in that season! Every episode was either good, really good, or downright freakin' great!

Oh I disagree. I thought "The Field Where My Career Died" was absolute crap. I actually remember rewinding my tape to rewatch Unruhe (the ep that aired the week prior) so that I wouldn't go to bed disappointed that night. I know DD isn't the best actor in the world, but damn that was laaaaaaaaame.

I will not mention season 9.

would you like this stricken from the record?

Oh I disagree. I thought "The Field Where My Career Died" was absolute crap. I actually remember rewinding my tape to rewatch Unruhe (the ep that aired the week prior) so that I wouldn't go to bed disappointed that night. I know DD isn't the best actor in the world, but damn that was laaaaaaaaame.

which episode was this one again?

would you like this stricken from the record?

which episode was this one again?

It was the one with the field and the dead career.

As for the movie....I loved the X-Files, but the fact that the movie wasn't a continuation of the main story really put my interest low on the scale. I want to know WTF happened with the aliens, oil, Krycheck, cigarette man, well manicured man, etc etc etc. I don't want to watch an FBI movie, I want to watch an X-File. So that's my $.02.

The Field Where I Died featured a Jim Jones type cult, reincarnation, and Mulder's "soul mate" supposedly being this annoying cult member, and they both got all hypnotized and junk to regress back to their supposed past lives during the civil war.

It sucked, and Duchovny is not a good onscreen crier. Oh, and it didn't just suck because the writers dared to insinuate that Scully isn't Mulder's soul mate.

The Field Where I Died featured a Jim Jones type cult, reincarnation, and Mulder's "soul mate" supposedly being this annoying cult member, and they both got all hypnotized and junk to regress back to their supposed past lives during the civil war.

It sucked, and Duchovny is not a good onscreen crier. Oh, and it didn't just suck because the writers dared to insinuate that Scully isn't Mulder's soul mate.

jeez, I don't even remember that one, maybe I repressed it...

No, it also sucked because it had a bad script. :angry:

jeez, I don't even remember that one, maybe I repressed it...

God, I wish I'd repressed it. :madspit:

I have, however, successfully repressed most of Season 9. :D

Me too!

I'm still mad that Chris Carter killed off the Lone Gunmen in season 9, and made me not care about it.

I recall there was a goofy episode with Burt Reynolds as a guest star, another one about a guy obsessed with The Brady Bunch or something, and another storyline where they solved what had happened to Doggett's kid years ago, and Lucy Lawless as a super soldier ...

And some crap about Mulder and Scully's Magical Alien Baby and how they gave it to a married couple who had a farm in the middle of nowhere or something, because they had to protect him and gee, no one can ever know about this Magical Alien Baby baby, and surely the bad guys will never find the baby with a family just living on a farm... or maybe we should just write him out of the show because we really fucked up that story.

(It was a really cute baby, though. I remember that.)

And some crap about Mulder and Scully's Magical Alien Baby and how they gave it to a married couple who had a farm in the middle of nowhere or something, because they had to protect him and gee, no one can ever know about this Magical Alien Baby baby, and surely the bad guys will never find the baby with a family just living on a farm...

Hey, sounds like Revenge of the Sith!

Back
Top Bottom