X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mdw3935 said:

:lol:

and Foxy!! :drool:

I would love to see The Lone Gunmen appear somewhere in the movie. :love:
lone_gunmen.jpg

They could always pull the "hidden tape of info from The Lone Gunmen that helps Mulder and Scully" deus ex machina.

I'm really excited for this, as I'm just really getting into this series.

2008 keeps getting better and better.

unico said:

:lol: I hardly doubt that is the true reason he is looking forward to it. DD finally realized he sucked as an actor and that Mulder was the only role he could get right.

I know I sound harsh...but...as an obsessed fan back in the day I had to sit through his awful films. I learned the hard way that I liked the character better than the actor.

:up: I couldn't possibly agree with this more. I wanted to like DD outside of xfiles, but he sucks so bad, he made it impossible.

It'd be great to get another taste of Fox Mulder, however....

love2bmama said:

:up: I couldn't possibly agree with this more. I wanted to like DD outside of xfiles, but he sucks so bad, he made it impossible.

yeah...Kalifornia was like peeling off my skin and rolling around on a bed of salt.

Too bad I don't have a scanner. Last night I found a photo of me as Scully for Halloween when I was 13 or 14. That was probably the last halloween I went trick or treating...and people looooooved my costume...got lots of complements and lots of candy :wink:

That's amazing. :up:

I was Indiana Jones and a ghostbusters for two Halloweens, and people had no idea who I was.

I had the fucking whip, fedora, outfit, scruffy-lookin'-nerf-herder look for Indy and the fucking protonpack for the ghostbuster. The proton pack!

People are dense.

unico said:

:lol: I hardly doubt that is the true reason he is looking forward to it. DD finally realized he sucked as an actor and that Mulder was the only role he could get right.

I know I sound harsh...but...as an obsessed fan back in the day I had to sit through his awful films. I learned the hard way that I liked the character better than the actor.

I hope they bring Tooms back. Those episodes were nuggets of joy for us shippers.
I agree his movies have sucked, but I think it's more due to the script. It's not as if he took potentially great movies and made them bad. He's a great actor and just had real trouble -- again and again -- finding roles in good films.

mdw3935 said:
I remember Tooms, he would have to eat some livers after so many years then go back into hibernation. I remember at the end he was just sitting there licking paper and throwing it in the corner building his cocoon. :yuck:

I also remember his eyes, when they turned yellow. Freaky!

That was early X-Files. :up:
I always hated that story. The mythology was what interested me and it pretty much concluded in Season 6 and concluded well with a few ends tied up in Season 7. Anyway, they brought Tooms back at the end of season 1, and he died crushed by an escalator.

The actor's name is Doug Hutchison and he's a favorite of writers James Wong and Glen Morgan, who used him again when they gained control of Millennium and messed it up. He was used in "The Green Mile" as the bad guy and Lost's 3rd season as the guy welcoming Ben and his father to the island.

Last edited:
And they can't bring back Donnie Pfaster because Scully shot him to death in front of Mulder and they conveniently never mentioned it again.

:banghead:

love2bmama said:

He had a great but tiny comedic role in Zoolander and showed what a great comedic actor he is.

LemonMacPhisto said:
That's amazing. :up:

I was Indiana Jones and a ghostbusters for two Halloweens, and people had no idea who I was.

I had the fucking whip, fedora, outfit, scruffy-lookin'-nerf-herder look for Indy and the fucking protonpack for the ghostbuster. The proton pack!

People are dense.
I was The Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Grade 5. It was a great home-made costume my brother made for me; it took hours over a period of days. The candy just wasn't worth it and I never trick or treated again. Plus, there's all that fear they ingrain into you about potentially poisoned candy

oh wow, i forgot some of my fav monsters were killed. that's a damn shame.

too bad they ruined the whole samantha storyline. colony/end game was freakin fantastic. her return would've made an excellent movie!

that would be great though, if in some way all of the monsters came back...a la Godzilla's Revenge.

Muldfeld said:

He had a great but tiny comedic role in Zoolander and showed what a great comedic actor he is.

Yeah there's no doubt he's a funny guy. I used to adore his interviews. But...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe the scripts just sucked. But boy did they suck.

I used to love the X-files, they were easily my favourite series, and that is something, since I am not into TV series at all. But after the ending I am not sure what to expect from the movie. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Muldfeld said:

I thought he did well in an episode of Sex and the City, "Boy, Interrupted", that he guest starred on. He was cute, amiable, and fun with his usual dry wit. Should be interesting to see if this Californication is any good. I hate that name though. RHCP just ruined it for me.

I thought I read somewhere that David said any additional X-Files movies were going to be along the lines of the "monster-of-the-week" type episodes, and no more mythology stuff. :scratch: I'm almost sure that's what he said.

FitzChivalry said:

I thought I read somewhere that David said any additional X-Files movies were going to be along the lines of the "monster-of-the-week" type episodes, and no more mythology stuff. :scratch: I'm almost sure that's what he said.

i hope so! i prefer the motd over the mythology. i thought they really had something going with the whole conspiracy thing...then they just crapped all over it in the end. :(

unico said:

i thought they really had something going with the whole conspiracy thing...then they just crapped all over it in the end. :(

I think with the conspiracy thing, it's just way too hard to sustain something like that over 9 years. When it was great, it was great. And I applaud the writers for keeping the conspiracy going and credible for as long as they did, even though it did get a bit much toward the end.

There's only so many times you can mine a vein before it dries up (e.g. "Friends" and the Ross - Rachel storylines). After a while, into a long series run, it's just like :huh: or :shrug:

FitzChivalry said:

I think with the conspiracy thing, it's just way too hard to sustain something like that over 9 years. When it was great, it was great. And I applaud the writers for keeping the conspiracy going and credible for as long as they did, even though it did get a bit much toward the end.

There's only so many times you can mine a vein before it dries up (e.g. "Friends" and the Ross - Rachel storylines). After a while, into a long series run, it's just like :huh: or :shrug:

i suppose, but samantha's disappearance and "cover up" was the whole point of xfiles to begin with. it was why mulder did what he did. after they screwed upp that story, i really lost interest in the show. what's the point in keeping on with xfiles if she was just kidnapped by some sicko? it didn't make any sense with the little hints we were given throughout the other seasons. they had a great idea and screwed it up big time. imo the show was over after that.

it was always fun, learning more about the story, but not too much, you know? every few episodes somebody would drop references, and it was another piece of the puzzle. and the syndicate!!!! oooh remember well-manicured man? i can't believe CC just wrote them off!!!! what in the world??? everything he had built, he shat on and killed so he can create this bs mythology that i didn't buy and i thought didn't make much sense tied together with the rest of the story.

but...that's just my opinion. i guess i'm old school. :)

I will not be seeing this movie, despite having been a huge 'Phile back in the day. I'm too bitter about how badly the series got messed up over the last few seasons. It got so bad I couldn't even watch anymore. Chris Carter is not getting another penny from me, ever.

unico said:
oh wow, i forgot some of my fav monsters were killed. that's a damn shame.

too bad they ruined the whole samantha storyline. colony/end game was freakin fantastic. her return would've made an excellent movie!
But that's what I thought was so great about it. I was so afraid it would end with Mulder opening up some pod and Samantha sleepily saying, "Fox? Is that you?"
This is more realistic and heart-breaking but beautiful, too, because they found some kind of dignity to the journey. The show's most powerful theme is about dealing with loss. That's what has resonated with me so much in my own life, when I've faced difficulties. I thought it was a beautiful ending to the most important aspect of the show.

unico said:

i suppose, but samantha's disappearance and "cover up" was the whole point of xfiles to begin with. it was why mulder did what he did. after they screwed upp that story, i really lost interest in the show. what's the point in keeping on with xfiles if she was just kidnapped by some sicko?

Well, she did turn into starlight. :whistle:

:wink:

oooh remember well-manicured man? i can't believe CC just wrote them off!!!! what in the world???

I LOVED Well-Manicured Man!!!! I was so bummed when they 86'd him in the movie. :sad:

. . . everything he had built, he shat on and killed so he can create this bs mythology that i didn't buy and i thought didn't make much sense tied together with the rest of the story.

I will admit that the last few seasons had a different flavor than the beginning of the show, but, as I've professed many times before, I LOVED Season 8. I thought it was really well done. Not as good as the early days but, IMO, much better than Seasons 7 or 9.

Season 1 = Good. Some hit and miss.
Season 2 = Very good. The show finding it's way and style.
Season 3 = Going from good to great, but still a couple clunker episodes in there.
Season 4 = THE best season. Pure PERFECTION from start to finish.
Season 5 = A bit of a let-down after the great Season 4. Kind of all over the place. Not tight or focused enough with the season's overall story arc.
Season 6 = Back in top form. One of my favorites
Season 7 = Meh. Starting to decline. Too much of the "same 'ol, same 'ol". Definitely need to shake things up.
Season 8 = :up: Shook things up! Great focus and tension for the overall season story arc.
Season 9 = Ok. Here it got pretty bad. There's a couple decent episode, but for the most part, :down: They really should've stopped at Season 8.

And "the truth". My God, that was lame! Boooooo! I expected a better payoff after 9 season than "12-22-12: the date is set". :down:

Would the 2nd movie be set on 12-22-12?

That might be the coolest thing ever, I'm not sure.

I just saw the ep with the sideshow town, with the "mermaid monkey" or something. That was intense.

The thing that bothered me about the later mythology episodes is that a biological invasion of Earth in the manner they described is simply absurd. :shrug:

Plus it sort of rendered any spiritual or monster of the week episodes pointless. How could an alien invasion take place if there were angels, devils, vampires and so on? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom