X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going opening afternoon in Vancouver. I don't think I know anyone that is interested in the X-Files enough to rush out and see it. Fools I say!

Most of my friends are naysaying it. They don't think it's going to be any good and they think they (David, Gillian and Chris) waited waaaaaay too long. They say their time has come and gone.

I say I don't care how good it is; I say I'M FREAKING EXCITED TO SEE MULDER AND SCULLY AGAIN!!! :D :D :hyper: :drool:

How is one supposed to get tickets when you check theatres and they say showtimes aren't available yet?! :scream: This movie opens on Friday and even Fandango isn't selling tickets yet. What is up with that? :huh:

On a sidenote my X-Files t-shirt arrived while I was away. Yeah Im so wearing it to the movie :lol:

FINALLY got an alert from Fandango that tickets are on sale! Going to a theatre that is a bit further from where I live but that's ok. I possess 2 tickets to the Friday night show!!! :hyper : :yippie :

:hyper::hyper: :hug: Have fun.im gonna stay out of this thread between friday and when i end up going. Or try to stay out of it. :lol:

How is one supposed to get tickets when you check theatres and they say showtimes aren't available yet?! :scream: This movie opens on Friday and even Fandango isn't selling tickets yet. What is up with that? :huh :

On a sidenote my X-Files t-shirt arrived while I was away. Yeah Im so wearing it to the movie :lol :

Yay for the t shirt. I found my old x files shirt. Its HUGE on me but WTH im gonna wear it when i go to the show aswell. :lol:

Photo35.jpg

We can't book tickets yet but i guess if the US ones are just going up then ours will be up by the end of the week/early next week. :hyper:

I say I don't care how good it is; I say I'M FREAKING EXCITED TO SEE MULDER AND SCULLY AGAIN!!! :D : D :hyper: :drool:

:rockon:

I'm wondering now if they should have opened this a couple of weeks after Batman. At any rate the film will be open at 6 cinemas in Vancouver. Perhaps the hype from Batman will turn off a few people, I know it has with me, and they will go for some warranted and nostalgic X-Files over Mamma Mia or Batman, and dare I say the CG soaked Hancock.

The Truth Is Out There

I'm wondering now if they should have opened this a couple of weeks after Batman. At any rate the film will be open at 6 cinemas in Vancouver. Perhaps the hype from Batman will turn off a few people, I know it has with me, and they will go for some warranted and nostalgic X-Files over Mamma Mia or Batman, and dare I say the CG soaked Hancock.

The Truth Is Out There

Was wondering the same thing feel as though this movie is getting overshadowed by the new Batman. This movie deserves all of the recognition that it can possibly get.

:hyper::hyper: :hug: Have fun.im gonna stay out of this thread between friday and when i end up going. Or try to stay out of it. :lol:

Yay for the t shirt. I found my old x files shirt. Its HUGE on me but WTH im gonna wear it when i go to the show aswell. :lol:

Photo35.jpg

We can't book tickets yet but i guess if the US ones are just going up then ours will be up by the end of the week/early next week. :hyper:

:rockon:

You better wear it young lady! :madwife: :wink: It's an oldie but definitely a goodie! This is the one that I got:

IWantToBelieve01_Lg.jpg

Hope the temptation to come into the thread isn't too strong lol. Keeping my fingers crossed that tickets go on sale soon for you!

You better wear it young lady! :madwife: :wink: It's an oldie but definitely a goodie! This is the one that I got:

IWantToBelieve01_Lg.jpg

Hope the temptation to come into the thread isn't too strong lol. Keeping my fingers crossed that tickets go on sale soon for you!

I will wear it with pride. :love::wink:

I love your "I Want To Believe" shirt. :love:

yeah if the temptation gets too strong i might cave. :lmao:

i hope it doesn't get completely overshadowed by TDK. Th emain thing is though that us fans enjoy it. :D

I will wear it with pride. :love::wink:

I love your "I Want To Believe" shirt. :love:

yeah if the temptation gets too strong i might cave. :lmao:

i hope it doesn't get completely overshadowed by TDK. Th emain thing is though that us fans enjoy it. :D

Reading you say that brings a tear to my eye :sad: :giggle: Resist the temptation you want to be surprised! Remember it's been a long time coming with this movie lol.

Oh and thank you the shirt is even cooler in person lol

capt.dc13db326466411db11e8c008c8d513b.film__x_files_la102.jpg

By DAVID GERMAIN, AP Movie Writer 23 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Some Mulder and Scully fans were dubious when the title for the new movie based on their favorite TV show was announced: "The X-Files: I Want to Believe."

How, the skeptics wondered, could the two former FBI agents be anything but true believers after years of encountering aliens, monsters, ghosts and everything else that might go bump in the night?

But so-called X-Philes want to believe in this franchise that started way out on the fringes and eventually brought the creepy and paranormal into the mainstream. The feeling among its creators is mutual.

"We want to believe in the audience," said David Duchovny, who reprises his role as Fox Mulder, the guy with boogeymen on the brain, co-starring with Gillian Anderson as his soul mate and doubting Thomas, science-minded Dana Scully.

Devoted as fans might be, it's a leap of faith for "The X-Files" to return after such a long absence in an era when so many franchises compete for audiences' attention and sequels tend to come every two or three years.

It's been a decade since the first "X-Files" movie and six years since the series went off the air after nine seasons.

The keepers of "The X-Files" figure the long wait has only fired up fans even more for a new adventure. In an interview with The Associated Press alongside Duchovny, Anderson and producer Frank Spotnitz, series creator Chris Carter described the reception he got at a fan gathering in Chile, where he had no idea the show had such a following.

"It was wild and warm and enthusiastic. They had an expo where they re-created Mulder's desk," said Carter, who also directed the new movie and co-wrote it with Spotnitz. "It was just amazing to be sitting there eating sunflower seeds (Mulder's favorite snack) at Mulder's desk in Chile."

Anderson recalled a similar reaction when they appeared earlier this year at New York Comic Con, a fan convention.

"The response that we got from the audience was almost, it was crazy. That was kind of the beginning of my realizing, people do still care," Anderson said. "I also think it's gotten passed down through the generations to kids of people who first watched it on TV."

"The X-Files" debuted in 1993 and quickly won a loyal cult audience. Strong word of mouth gradually drew more and more fans to the weird show with its ongoing story arc about alien visitations to Earth and clever stand-alone stories that one week might deal with life-sucking bugs unleashed from old-growth timber, and another week might touch on monstrous humans resulting from generations of inbreeding.

At the heart was Mulder, a brilliant FBI agent convinced his sister was abducted by aliens. Nicknamed "Spooky" by derisive colleagues, Mulder handled the X-Files, cases involving unexplained phenomena the bureau would prefer to sweep under the rug.

Scully, a medical doctor, was assigned as Mulder's partner, mainly to debunk his work, but she eventually became his comrade in arms, the two complementing each other's talents and maintaining a deep but chaste romantic longing.

Spotnitz said when he joined the show in the second season, "none of my friends knew what it was at that point. But by the end of season two, people were writing fan fiction. I remember distinctly somebody saying to me, `Oh, you've got them. Once they're actually making it their own, you've actually captured their imagination.' And it's true. They're still writing fan fiction 15 years later."

The 1998 big-screen film was immersed in the show's dense alien mythology. "I Want to Believe" is patterned after the stand-alone episodes, requiring little prior knowledge of Mulder and Scully.

Drummed out of the FBI as the series wound down, Mulder has been living in exile, collecting news clips of strange happenings and hurling pencils at the ceiling out of boredom.

Scully, now a practicing doctor at a hospital, is approached by FBI agents (Amanda Peet and Xzibit) as an intermediary to bring Mulder in to consult on a case in which a defrocked-priest-turned-psychic (Billy Connolly) claims to have visions about a missing bureau agent.

And they're off and running on a trail that leads them to a stash of severed arms buried in the snow, more missing persons and some ghoulish medical experiments worthy of Frankenstein.

"Chris had a Border collie when we started and I had a half-Border collie, and I always thought of Mulder like a Border collie. He needed a job, so when you see him at first, he's like a Border collie who's a lapdog," Duchovny said. "It's not right. And the movie's a little bit about him getting his job back. That's where his heart is."

His heart also clearly remains with Scully. They spar just like old times, but they share the most explicit moments of affection in their 15 years together, though still restrained by Hollywood romantic standards.

Many fans always wanted to see Mulder and Scully in an all-out love affair, but Anderson said it was wise for Carter and Spotnitz to steer the show clear of that.

"They ended up playing the parents of the fans who thought they knew what they wanted, but if they had gotten what they wanted, I think they would have been sorely disappointed," Anderson said. "It would have had a negative effect on the series. But what was given to them was so electric and so long-lasting that it helped to carry through all the way to the end."

Cast and crew are game for more "X-Files" movies if fans still believe strongly enough to convince distributor 20th Century Fox that the audience is there.

Now that Mulder has his foot back in the door at the FBI, the alien mythology that obsessed him on the job could be resurrected for a future film, Carter said.

"There's a looming date in 2012 which is part of the literature, if you will, on a Mayan calendar. It's supposed to be when the aliens do something," Carter said. "We've mentioned that date a number of times in the series, so it's something that we certainly would be looking at. I'm not sure exactly how yet, but if there is a next movie, we would consider doing it then."

Sorry to say but DD looks like ass in those recent photos.

Me too. But Gillian looks very pretty.

I bought my ticket for Friday night, seeing it with two friends.

I have to admit, though ... I'm going in with pretty low expectations. I'm fully prepared for it to be disappointing, dull, or even for it to piss me off. But that's okay. :wink:

Reading you say that brings a tear to my eye :sad: :giggle: Resist the temptation you want to be surprised! Remember it's been a long time coming with this movie lol.

Oh and thank you the shirt is even cooler in person lol

I will try resist, try. :shifty::lol:

No i really am gonna try. I'll go play in the arcade instead. maybe i could ask Sicy to ban me from viewing this thread until i've been to see it. :hmm::lol:

Thanks for the article corianderstem. :hug: You're all right about david in that pics. :lol:

That picture of David above looks like it's from one of the seasons of the X-Files.

Geek that I am, I'm trying to place it in the timeline based on his hair style ... although it doesn't look like any one episode in particular.

I saw this last night. I must say it was a bit disappointing. Now I'm only new to the series. I got into it, literrally a week or so ago, when I brought the first three seasons on dvd.

I've watched the 2 discs (6 episodes) of season 1, and have loved every minute of it. But maybe I'm too new to the series, and I haven't seen enough....or this movie just didn't agree with me.

Oh God

After ready some reviews, makes me not want to see it and see if I can switch my ticket for something else.

I care more about the characters than I do about the plot. I want to see what those two crazy kids have been up to.

Back
Top Bottom