X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2007, 06:27 PM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:51 AM
^ Seriously!

Well, hopefully, even if Heinriksen is in the movie, it will only be for a scene or two, and not the whole movie.

Regardless, as long as the movie's good, then who cares.

I just hope that it's good!

Old 11-29-2007, 06:51 PM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico
i thought the only spinoff series was the lone gunmen...which i never saw. anyway i'd rather those 3 come back than millennium.

I watched The Lone Gunmen...I enjoyed it but wasn't surprised that it was short lived. I love those 3 guys though.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:58 AM   #138
Refugee

Local Time: 07:51 AM
Some disheartening casting news:
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=46073

Xzibit and slutty Amanda Peet. I know she's probably a normal woman and she's pretty well-educated but whenever I see her, I recall all those roles in which she acted sex-crazed and took off her clothes for nothing. I feel icky when I see her.

Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry

My friends loved "Millennium", but I never saw it.

I don't know. Let's not do the crossover thing. Just Mulder, Scully and a kick-ass "normal" X-Files.

Don't piss me off Carter!
Seriously, you guys have to rent or buy Millennium Season 1; the set is dirt cheap on amazon.com. As good as any single season of The X-Files, and is already fully-realized because it's a series of stand alone stories about catching often-sympathetic serial killers, so there's no waiting for a build up. I always hated that X-Files cross-over episode in Season 7 because it had nothing to do with Millennium, which was much more subtle about paranormal stuff and never had zombies. They didn't want to confuse the X-Files audience, but it looks like it just drove a lot of you away from Millennium by making it look retarded. Just embarrassing and insulting!

When I watched it in high school, I was too scared of the grim reality of Season 1 and appreciated the melodramatic mess that was Season 2; it was more X-Files-like and obvious. However, rewatching the stuff on DVD, Season 1 was nearly flawless, and nearly everything that came afterward was terrible because Fox pressured the series be dumbed down and wanted it to be more like The X-Files, so Chris Carter bailed essentially, since he was too busy with the movie, and idiots Morgan and Wong took over and made it all simplistic and cheesy. Darin Morgan wrote a couple of really good episodes in Season 2, though and Michael Perry wrote the season's best episode, which was more akin to the subtle vision of Season 1.

You guys HAVE to check out Millennium Season 1. The first episode is a bit too much like "Seven", but episode 2 on, and especially with the 2nd or 3rd disc, things get phenomenal. It has an entirely different set of themes from The X-Files and a very different kind of subtle and quiet hero. Perhaps the best work of Chris Carter's career, and it only gets better with repeated viewing. It's tense, but not especially gratuitous, and watching Frank Black solve cases with the great Terry O' Quinn from "Lost" is a pleasure, since Lance Henriksen is such a fantastic actor.

This is a scene from one of the lesser episodes of Season 1 and doesn't quite show the strength of the series, but it's all I could find:
Old 12-06-2007, 05:15 AM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Muldfeld
Some disheartening casting news:
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=46073

Xzibit and slutty Amanda Peet. I know she's probably a normal woman and she's pretty well-educated but whenever I see her, I recall all those roles in which she acted sex-crazed and took off her clothes for nothing. I feel icky when I see her.
WTF!!

Well, I don't share your same feelings on Amanda Peet, though I'm not exactly a hug fan of hers either (especially for this movie), but Xzibit as an F.B.I. agent????? That's stretching credulity way too thi i i i i i i i n !

Crap. That is disheartening news.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:19 AM   #140
Refugee

Quote:

WTF!!

Well, I don't share your same feelings on Amanda Peet, though I'm not exactly a hug fan of hers either (especially for this movie), but Xzibit as an F.B.I. agent????? That's stretching credulity way too thi i i i i i i i n !

Crap. That is disheartening news.
Hey, what are you doing up? Anyway, check out Millennium Season 1!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Maybe Xzibit is some kooky character involved in the X-File

(I'm trying to justify this...its a stretch...)
Old 12-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #142
Blue Crack Supplier

He'll probably help Skin-Man pimp his ride...
Old 12-06-2007, 11:06 AM   #143
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
lol.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
i sure hope so
Old 12-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #145
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:51 AM
Quote:
slutty Amanda Peet.
Oh, come on man. Slutty? Really? I don't like her either, but come on. You're more intelligent than that.

I never really got into Millennium, but I did catch one episode that completely freaked me out - I think it was near the end of the series, and it featured a character completely wigging out to the entire length of the Patti Smith song "Gloria." It was seriously freaky.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #146
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Oh, come on man. Slutty? Really? I don't like her either, but come on. You're more intelligent than that.

I never really got into Millennium, but I did catch one episode that completely freaked me out - I think it was near the end of the series, and it featured a character completely wigging out to the entire length of the Patti Smith song "Gloria." It was seriously freaky.
Yeah, but you should take my comments in context. I'm not insulting a member here. She's a celebrity, and I'm just referring to my gut reaction because she's done so many slutty roles. When you see Morgan Fairchild, what's your thought? When I see Cybil Sheppard, my first reaction is over-rated, over-the-hill superficial idiot who can't get over her celebrity status and keeps mentioning how she slept with Elvis. If I were her husband, I'd feel pretty bad.

Anyway, I said Amanda Peet was probably okay, but it's hard for me to get over that. In contrast, Jennifer Aniston is known as attractive, but she's been in some fantastic movies like "Friends with Money", "The Good Girl", and "She's the One", and she always comes off as strong.

The Millennium episode you're referring to was actually pretty bad, and that scene I felt was gratuitously long enduring the length of the song. The woman was Morgan's wife, and those guys loved that song so they had to put it in there. Chris Carter was horrified what they'd done to the show, as was Lance Henriksen and some of the writers. Season 1 was much more subtle about the fear it induced.

Anyway, you and any other X-Files fans will love Season 1.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #147
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I didn't hate season 8 - it had some bright spots. However, I do not believe there was one episode in season 9 that I honestly liked, save the finale.

Maybe the one that dealt with the disappearance of Dogget's son, but I was pretty much fed up with the show by that point. Stupid Scully's baby.
I totally agree with your comments on Season 9 being painful because of Scully's motherly concerns. I never want to hear about that baby again! I did like the romantic moments between Mulder and Scully in the jail cell and at the motel; that was the only thing I enjoyed about the finale.

I did like the Doggett episode "Release" and "4-D" was really good. Even "Sunshine Days" had some nice humorous touches. I just hope they find new dramatic themes for this new film, avoid gratuitous explosions and dumb chase scenes, and that Xzibit and Amanda Peet die after 5 minutes of screen time; that's the only useful purpose they could serve.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Hey, what are you doing up? Anyway, check out Millennium Season 1!

I'm up late because of stupid, stupid DRAMA! among my friends that I'm slowly getting sucked into. (I'm way too old from DRAMA! in my life.)

I know my friends really liked Millennium. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Man, I am really, REALLY bumming about this Xhibit casting crap! Amanda Peet I can deal with; I can believe her as an F.B.I. agent about as much as I did Anabeth Gish. But Xhibit!!!! Come on! What the HELL were they THINKING!!!????
Old 12-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:51 AM
Quote:

Man, I am really, REALLY bumming about this Xhibit casting crap! Amanda Peet I can deal with; I can believe her as an F.B.I. agent about as much as I did Anabeth Gish. But Xhibit!!!! Come on! What the HELL were they THINKING!!!????
I gotta agree with Fitz on this one! Not happy at all about hearing of this latest casting. Amanda ok no problem that's fine. The other one though give me a break!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #150
Refugee

Quote:

I'm up late because of stupid, stupid DRAMA! among my friends that I'm slowly getting sucked into. (I'm way too old from DRAMA! in my life.)

I know my friends really liked Millennium. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Yeah, I was just having fun with you. I was upset with myself being up because I promised myself I would go to sleep earlier.

The Xzibit thing is weird because Chris Carter is directing and he's so perfectionistic. Maybe the guy has decent acting chops or maybe he'll die off really soon. The cynical side of me is Fox saying, "We need someone popular with the kiddies!"

I was happy about Anabeth Gish at the time, but when I watch back she's wasn't on par with Duchovny, Anderson and Patrick in acting. Also, her character was just not that interesting. They just had Reyes and Doggett or Doggett and Scully reenact the same themes about faith and mutual respect and love that Mulder and Scully had tread so often. They need something new!

If you folks want, you could always tell Mr. Frank Spotnitz at his website: http://www.biglight.com/blog
There's an e-mail address, too.

Tags
x-files, x-files 2, x-files 2 movie, x-files movie