X Factor Season 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been watching only because I heart my Britney, but my god, there is sooooooooooooo much effing filler on this damned show. I hate how they're trying to play up the "backstage drama," like pitting that blonde girl against the lady with the kid or whatever it was in the first episode.

Thank god for the DVR. I can skip through anything that's not singing. I probably won't watch long into the season, though, like last year. Although the absence of Scherzinger is blissful, so maybe I'll make it farther.

What was the deal with the guy who had done some studio tracks with Britney and just could not sing very well? They kept talking about hardships he'd gone through; had he gotten into drugs or something and that totally wrecked his voice?

That was awkward.

My favorite so far was the gabby gay guy who blew them away singing Billy Joel. He was fantastic and I loved the judges' reactions when he finally started singing.

The other one I remember was the young girl who cried about being bullied, and then sang that Jessie J (?) song and blew them away. Honestly? I understand she was crying while singing, but she simply wasn't that good.

Yeah, I'm torrenting. I skip to the performances and if they are intriguing enough, I watch the back story. I think its going to be a talented bunch, if the first few gems are any indication..

We went to a taping back in August.. I KNEW this guy would make it on TV... and I cant believe they let him through lol.

photo-19.jpg

Gene Simmons daughter also auditioned and she made it through. I'm surprised they didnt air this.

599349_10151198702639692_1836526106_n.jpg

Ha well I guess they did air Gene Simmons daughter tonight. Interesting how they edit and cut and rearrange the show. My taping was in Oakland.

I haven't been watching and, honestly, probably won't start, but I am curious to find out how Demi and Britney are doing.

You guys know I love Britney, so I want to see her do well on the show, but honestly she's never struck me as the sharpest sandwich at the picnic. I could see her being a bit of a boring judge. I'm sure she has a team helping her out, but I don't think that this sort of live and partially-improvised public speaking thing was ever her strong suit. Is she any good?

I like Demi, too. Girl's got pipes. For real. She can sang. Since it's so rare on these shows, it's nice to have a judge who can actually sing when they're, you know, criticizing other people's singing. She's definitely one of the most naturally talented vocalists to judge one of these big singing competition shows.

I guess Mariah and Christina are on these shows now, so they can go ahead and claim that title. But Demi ain't all that far off.

Britney seems to be genuinely impressed/unimpressed/scared/mad/sad/whatever at all the right moments, and that's all I really wondered about from her. Tbh she's been great at showing her emotions and she gets almost teary for the most moving performances. Probably better than Demi who for the most part seems to have a rather plasticky demeanor at all times. Spears has been a pleasant surprise to me so far (and I can't stand her as a pop artist), and her comments have been pretty well communicated. :shrug:

Have to disagree with your assessment of Lovato's singing, however: nothing I've heard from her yet is even yet in the ballpark of Mariah or even Christina, nah.

I agree. I'm finding both Britney and Demi pretty likeable. I suppose that we'll get more of an idea how good they are at judges' houses.

1) I find Britney incredibly dull so far. I hope they tell her to loosen up because she is very bland as a judge and her critiques are always short, simple, and uninteresting. Even though I roll my eyes at Demi's playing to her teen girl demo, its still more interesting than hearing "i thought you were really amazing, i enjoyed it" for the 10th audition in a row. Her best moments are when she isn't trying to hide that she actually has a personality. Dancing to Vanilla Ice, screaming at the lightning, etc.

2) They are letting through some pretty trash singers this year, and way too many joke auditions. I guess it's fine if they end up cutting some of the less talented people in bootcamp, but I'm just hoping we don't get another Tiah Tolliver making it to the big stage. Plus it always makes me wonder what talent is getting overlooked so that they can save a spot for Orphan Annie.

I disagree that the talent has been largely bad. Like any contest, there's been some good and bad ones...and some very good ones. And very bad ones. But there's been runs of singers that I all thought have a fair shot for varying reasons.

I don't understand the Annie girl, she's toast if she can't move beyond that schtick. And I don't see Trevor Moran having any sort of longevity thru this thing, but that's probably just me. He's just cute for me at this point.

I thought Freddie Combs was brilliant. Hopefully this initial success is re-energizing his quest to get his life back.

I absolutely hate that voice coach chick who was being so bitchy about Gene Simmons' daughter. Like, ugh. I didn't think she was all that great, and she has the personality of a toad. I don't see her lasting, either.

Yeah, I just don't need that backstage catty drama. Leave it on the cutting room floor, please.

It was silly that they let the Annie girl through. But she was pretty damned adorable.

That Trevor kid was a riot.

The producers should pat themselves on the back for Lylas. They destroyed everyone on the episode. Lyric 145 was fun too, and showed energy and excitement. Sister C was pretty good, I'm not sure where this whole issue with their attitude comes from, they seem pretty normal to me. All 3 of the boy groups sucked, but Emblem3 or Playback will go through simply for the teen girl appeal.

Also, apparently Cece is the star of the "young adults", despite being fake, annoying, and an ok singer. She will go through, and I just don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom