Who was surprised by "No Luke, I am your father"--?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still have quite a few of the original action figures myself. I even have some rare stuff.

And I do believe I have the Millennium Falcon somewhere.

My favorite was the remote-controlled Jawa Sandcrawler. That thing rocked. Supposedly it's worth a couple of hundred bucks even out of the box, as long as it's in good condition.

Nice! One of my gems is an adult Anakin ghost figure from ROTJ that you had to mail away for in 1985. It came out as a carded (boxed) figure later, but the original was just shipped in a small box with a plastic bag...which is the one I have. It was worth a few hundred bucks for the longest time, though I've occasionally seen it sell for $50, and now that I look there's some guy selling one on ebay for $5. :scratch:

90-mailer.jpg

Nice! One of my gems is an adult Anakin ghost figure from ROTJ that you had to mail away for in 1985. It came out as a carded (boxed) figure later, but the original was just shipped in a small box with a plastic bag...which is the one I have. It was worth a few hundred bucks for the longest time, though I've occasionally seen it sell for $50, and now that I look there's some guy selling one on ebay for $5. :scratch:

Fucking Lehman Brothers and AIG. Bastards killin the Star Wars market too.

Yeah, the Vader is a bit weak. I just love that idea of the steam-powered Victorian-era technology though... that's probably one of my favorite genres of science fiction.

"I am your father."

That blew my little 13-year-old mind sitting in the movie theater back in 1980.

I remember one of my friends had those toy light sabers and we'd have duels with them while we played the Star Wars soundtrack on the turntable. Good times.

And the prequels suck. Big time.

And me. I'll take Sith over Jedi anyday.

If you're over 30 and like Jedi over Sith, then fucking check yer nutsack.

Or if you have lady parts, then fuck right off and agree, wench.

God damn.. little tolerance for comparisons of Boba Fett to Jake Lloyd. That's not even remotely acceptable.

You should probably come close to dying.

Anyways.
Saw in the theatre when I was kid.
Was shocked by the line.
Loved it.
Wanted to bang Leia.
Life size poster of her.

Born in 75, so I must have been in 1st grade? Fuckif I know.

90-mailer.jpg
Motherfucker, Utoo is my new bestfriend.

I sent off fucking UPC codes for that shit!!!!
I had that exact same god damn action figure.

My dad threw away all of our (me and my bro) collectables
Because he is a dick who didn't understand Star Wars.

That's awesome.

I remember seeing Star Wars, Empire and Jedi all justonce.

And then being totally ate up with it until I was about 9 or 10, when I discovered football and baseball.

Could you imagine that happening these days?
Hooking kids on one viewing. It worked with us.

The first movie I remember seeing is also the first movie my mother says she took us too (me and my brother) was a double bill. Star Wars and Buck Rogers. That must have been 1978. I would have been 3.

Back
Top Bottom