Who was surprised by "No Luke, I am your father"--?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elfa, I just enjoyed the relationship of Annakin and Kenobi, thought Kenobi had more scenes/lines, which helps, thought that the plot was pushed forward a lot more than in Phantom Menace....and, yes, there are lines and line deliveries in this film that are vomit-inducing, but, for me, they're no better or worse than Jake Lloyd's painful performance...so that's a wash for me, and there's a lot less Jar Jar in Clones.

I dunno, little Bobba Fett is on par with little Anakin if you ask me... and I would have rather watched Jar Jar for an entire film than a minute of those "romantic" scenes :down:

Elfa, did you meet 'Darth' as a kid?

my brother did, LOL! :D

no, I never got to meet him

Jake Lloyd - when I saw him "act" that's pretty much the moment I knew that the prequels were going to suck. Honestly, Jar Jar didn't bother me all that much - I figured the slapstick was for the kids, and expected it. I was more disappointed in everything else. The battle scene at the end had promise, and then jsut got awful. But the first few minutes, when Obi Wan and Anakin show up on the ship - that shit started out nice. Then...:sigh:

I liked Clones a little bit better. Baby Boba Fett didn't bother me either.

The romance was so poorly written, holy shit. I would have thought I could watch Natalie Portman wash dishes for two hours, but the dialogue and everything is so awful it's uncomfortable.

The romance was so poorly written, holy shit. I would have thought I could watch Natalie Portman wash dishes for two hours, but the dialogue and everything is so awful it's uncomfortable.

THANK YOU!

It still boggles my mind, Hayden Christensen and Natalie-fucking-Portman in a black leather get up and somehow it is the most unsexy thing I have ever witnessed!

OK, if we're going to throw in an Arabic rating system along with the Roman numeral ranking, my list is dost:

I would rate them:
I. IV 101%
II. V 100%
III. III 82%
IV. VI 81%
V. II 60%
VI. I 50%

You guys are far too kind to I and II, need a little reminder?

jar_jar.jpg

kiss3.jpg

yeah... but that was... I dunno, there's something about Mark Hamil whining which works - I guess because that's about as far as his acting talents will go, you know?

Where as Hayden, dude is actually semi-talented, in the words of Llewellyn Sinclair:

Marge, Marge! I am asking you for white hot rage, and you're giving me a hissy fit!

Ack! WTF with all this talk of prequels??? :madwife: We all know (except for laz) that 'Sith' is the only one that is halfway decent, and even that is only good for the last half hour. And yet, I'd take the drawn-out Luke-Vader duel of 'Jedi' over the last half hour of 'Sith' any day. Luke under the stairs, the huuuge swell of music when Vader threatens to go after Leia. Vader breaking the bonds and choosing his son over the Emperor. Good. Fucking. Shit.

btw...I owned (and still do) a Boba Fett figure. :rockon: Never had the Millennium Falcon, though...too expensive. I still have all my Star Wars figures at my parents' house. All the '77-'83 toys are open and played with, but in fairly good condition. Then I have a whole slew of figures from the Special Edition releases still in their boxes. :nerd:

Aaaaaanyway.....back to the OT...:wink:

Ack! WTF with all this talk of prequels??? :madwife: We all know (except for laz) that 'Sith' is the only one that is halfway decent, and even that is only good for the last half hour. And yet, I'd take the drawn-out Luke-Vader duel of 'Jedi' over the last half hour of 'Sith' any day. Luke under the stairs, the huuuge swell of music when Vader threatens to go after Leia. Vader breaking the bonds and choosing his son over the Emperor. Good. Fucking. Shit.

btw...I owned (and still do) a Boba Fett figure. :rockon: Never had the Millennium Falcon, though...too expensive. I still have all my Star Wars figures at my parents' house. All the '77-'83 toys are open and played with, but in fairly good condition. Then I have a whole slew of figures from the Special Edition releases still in their boxes. :nerd:

Aaaaaanyway.....back to the OT...:wink:

Well, except for Laz and I.

I still have quite a few of the original action figures myself. I even have some rare stuff.

And I do believe I have the Millennium Falcon somewhere.

My favorite was the remote-controlled Jawa Sandcrawler. That thing rocked. Supposedly it's worth a couple of hundred bucks even out of the box, as long as it's in good condition.

Back
Top Bottom