Watchmen Trailer online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw it this weekend...I really liked it

Loved Rorschach, rooted for him with as much if not more enthusiasm as I did for the Joker! Some of the best kills in a movie I've seen for a long time! He carried the entire film! That whole prision escape scene...FUCKING BRILLIANT!

I was very unfimilar with the story...so when Dr.Manhattan killed him I literally screamed, "WTF NO! THAT SON OF A BITCH KILLED HIM?"

I wanted to cry, I was so upset because he was so upset!

Thank God me and my group were in an empty theatre! :lol:
They were all diehard fans, laughing at alot of "inside jokes"...

Now I'm reading the Graphic Novel, I'm shocked by how much I enjoy it!

BTW: Laurie was really annoying

I think I know what you mean. Watching people kick ass is always good fun.

Just wouldn't exactly say I was "rooting" for either of those characters, as they're not exactly good people, ya know?

I think I know what you mean. Watching people kick ass is always good fun.

Just wouldn't exactly say I was "rooting" for either of those characters, as they're not exactly good people, ya know?

Yeah, I know...they are both terrible people

But at the end of every scene with Rorschach I was like:

Respect
1181699580949.gif

Except for the "bite the bully's cheek off" scene...that was alittle disturbing...but respectfully so

Well, I'm not sure that Rorschach is really wrong at the end. What Ozy did is rather inexcusable, and doesn't even necessarily guarantee permanent peace.

I'll admit straight out that I've never been able to finish Watchmen. It's the graphic novel I always pick up while browsing the comic store here, read the first thirty pages or so, skim through a bit, and just think it's going to be boring and wanky. Maybe it's just because I'm not a fan of superhero comics in the least, especially when superhero comics try to be serious. This is probably going entirely against the grain of what Watchmen is all about, but I never figured out Alan Moore anyway.

So I'm conflicted. I really want to see footage of a blue cock, but will I understand the movie?

You'll be able to understand the plot, you just might not get some of the more subtler references, especially on the first go-around.

I have several friends who hadn't read the book and really enjoyed the film.

Cheers, Laz. I'll likely check out the comic again after seeing it, anyway. Happened with V For Vendetta.

Have we got a comic thread doing the rounds these days? Man, I got a need to talk about how awesome Scalped is.

I watched the Under the Hood documentary today. Very well done. It's produced like a local television magazine show set in the film's 1985, where the host does a retrospective of his Nite Owl piece from 10 years earlier. There are interviews with Hollis himself, Sally Jupiter (better makeup than in the actual film, but looks more than 10 years younger?), Sally's manager/ex-husband, the prison psychiatrist (a little overdramatic for a TV interview), Wall Weaver, and the newsstand owner.

Photography totally nails the TV studio style, the "on-location" interviews, and there's a lot of newsreel footage that looks appropriately beat-up. Does a really good job of fleshing out the story. One strange thing is that there is no mention at all of the new Nite Owl, which seemed odd.

And today Zack Snyder confirmed the Directors Cut will hit theatres (limited cities) in July with 50 minutes of additional film.

I watched the Under the Hood documentary today. Very well done. It's produced like a local television magazine show set in the film's 1985, where the host does a retrospective of his Nite Owl piece from 10 years earlier. There are interviews with Hollis himself, Sally Jupiter (better makeup than in the actual film, but looks more than 10 years younger?), Sally's manager/ex-husband, the prison psychiatrist (a little overdramatic for a TV interview), Wall Weaver, and the newsstand owner.

Photography totally nails the TV studio style, the "on-location" interviews, and there's a lot of newsreel footage that looks appropriately beat-up. Does a really good job of fleshing out the story. One strange thing is that there is no mention at all of the new Nite Owl, which seemed odd.

The best stuff was with Moloch talking about himself and Manhattan. Really interesting stuff there.

Mason did mention Nite Owl indirectly: "I have a feeling Silk Spectre and Nite Owl will get together someday" or something like that. Was it ever implied in the book that Mason had a thing for Jupiter?

And ditto on the make-up on Sally Jupes, but she did look way too young compared to how aged she was in the finished film.

1/10?

This guy really hated the movie.

Man shoots himself during "Watchmen" movie

Last Update: 10:42 am

Eugene (KMTR) – A man shot himself to death in a Eugene movie theater just after midnight Monday morning.

Police say about 10 patrons were in an auditorium at Regal Cinemas watching the movie “Watchmen.” About midway through the film some of the moviegoers told the manager they heard a “popping” noise like a gunshot. A 24-year-old man was found in the rear of the auditorium with a gunshot wound to the head.

Police say the man shot himself and was dead when they arrived.

The patron closest to the man was sitting two rows away.

went in knowing nothing and came out with a sore backside and totally confused.

I didn't know if the shit acting from Laurie and Night Owl was supposed to be like that or was it actually bad?

There were lots of bits I didn't understand and thought the idea of blaming Manhatten for the bombs from Adrian was a stupid idea and his whole scientists working on the same thing fell flat, why didn't he do it to himself and be like dr manhatten?

Rorsach (bad spelling) was amazing and his storyline was the best by far. But i don't get why he wears the mask and why it moves? Did i miss something?

Also the makeup on Sally was terrible. Once again I didn't know if it was meant to be or not. I think thats what happens when you see a movie that has a alot of backstory.

Don't know if I'm gonna see the director's cut. The only theatre it's playing at is way too expensive; I'm not paying $10 for something I've basically already seen.

Think I'll just put it towards the DVD.

Yeah. And the cut with Black Freighter weaved in comes out in December, along with the Motion Comics and Under the Hood.

There will be a screening at Comic-con of the directors cut, with Zack Snyder, Jackie Earle Haley, and Dave Gibbons doing live commentary during the film. Sat., July 25th, 8:30-12:15 pm.

From the Comic-Con website: "Snyder will host a BD Live community event- providing a real-time, in-person director's commentary for Comic-Con attendees (and BD Live viewers at home) as the film rolls."

I haven't decided yet if I'll stay for it, that makes a pretty long day, but before that starts they are having a preview of Batman: Arkham Asylum with Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy. That I might like to see :hmm:

Don't know if I'm gonna see the director's cut. The only theatre it's playing at is way too expensive; I'm not paying $10 for something I've basically already seen.

Think I'll just put it towards the DVD.

Somehow, I managed to not see the film, so, I'll most definitely be taking in the Director's Cut....assuming it's playing near me.

I'm holding out for the December blu-ray, mainly because I've already seen this director's cut... which as I've said, is aces.

I'm holding out for the December blu-ray, mainly because I've already seen this director's cut... which as I've said, is aces.

Would it be worth the extra hours after an already long day to see this with the director/actors doing commentary live there? I'm really debating whether to stay for this or not. Or I might just see how I feel that day I guess.

Back
Top Bottom