Watchmen Trailer online - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #496
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:33 AM
I watched the Under the Hood documentary today. Very well done. It's produced like a local television magazine show set in the film's 1985, where the host does a retrospective of his Nite Owl piece from 10 years earlier. There are interviews with Hollis himself, Sally Jupiter (better makeup than in the actual film, but looks more than 10 years younger?), Sally's manager/ex-husband, the prison psychiatrist (a little overdramatic for a TV interview), Wall Weaver, and the newsstand owner.

Photography totally nails the TV studio style, the "on-location" interviews, and there's a lot of newsreel footage that looks appropriately beat-up. Does a really good job of fleshing out the story. One strange thing is that there is no mention at all of the new Nite Owl, which seemed odd.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #497
Blue Crack Distributor

My daughter took this photo at Comic-con last year. I just though it was pretty cool.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #498
Blue Crack Distributor

And today Zack Snyder confirmed the Directors Cut will hit theatres (limited cities) in July with 50 minutes of additional film.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #499
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:33 AM
Awesome!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #500
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
I watched the Under the Hood documentary today. Very well done. It's produced like a local television magazine show set in the film's 1985, where the host does a retrospective of his Nite Owl piece from 10 years earlier. There are interviews with Hollis himself, Sally Jupiter (better makeup than in the actual film, but looks more than 10 years younger?), Sally's manager/ex-husband, the prison psychiatrist (a little overdramatic for a TV interview), Wall Weaver, and the newsstand owner.

Photography totally nails the TV studio style, the "on-location" interviews, and there's a lot of newsreel footage that looks appropriately beat-up. Does a really good job of fleshing out the story. One strange thing is that there is no mention at all of the new Nite Owl, which seemed odd.
The best stuff was with Moloch talking about himself and Manhattan. Really interesting stuff there.

Mason did mention Nite Owl indirectly: "I have a feeling Silk Spectre and Nite Owl will get together someday" or something like that. Was it ever implied in the book that Mason had a thing for Jupiter?

And ditto on the make-up on Sally Jupes, but she did look way too young compared to how aged she was in the finished film.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #501
Blue Crack Addict

1/10?

This guy really hated the movie.

Quote:
Man shoots himself during "Watchmen" movie

Last Update: 10:42 am

Eugene (KMTR) – A man shot himself to death in a Eugene movie theater just after midnight Monday morning.

Police say about 10 patrons were in an auditorium at Regal Cinemas watching the movie “Watchmen.” About midway through the film some of the moviegoers told the manager they heard a “popping” noise like a gunshot. A 24-year-old man was found in the rear of the auditorium with a gunshot wound to the head.

Police say the man shot himself and was dead when they arrived.

The patron closest to the man was sitting two rows away.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #502
Blue Crack Supplier

I can only imagine the jokes had this happened at one of the Star Wars prequel showings.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:56 AM   #503
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 11:33 PM
went in knowing nothing and came out with a sore backside and totally confused.

I didn't know if the shit acting from Laurie and Night Owl was supposed to be like that or was it actually bad?

There were lots of bits I didn't understand and thought the idea of blaming Manhatten for the bombs from Adrian was a stupid idea and his whole scientists working on the same thing fell flat, why didn't he do it to himself and be like dr manhatten?

Rorsach (bad spelling) was amazing and his storyline was the best by far. But i don't get why he wears the mask and why it moves? Did i miss something?

Also the makeup on Sally was terrible. Once again I didn't know if it was meant to be or not. I think thats what happens when you see a movie that has a alot of backstory.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #504
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Can't wait until Tuesday.

Until then:

WATCH THESE MEN on Vimeo
Old 07-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #505
Blue Crack Supplier

Don't know if I'm gonna see the director's cut. The only theatre it's playing at is way too expensive; I'm not paying $10 for something I've basically already seen.

Think I'll just put it towards the DVD.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #506
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Yeah. And the cut with Black Freighter weaved in comes out in December, along with the Motion Comics and Under the Hood.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #507
Blue Crack Distributor

There will be a screening at Comic-con of the directors cut, with Zack Snyder, Jackie Earle Haley, and Dave Gibbons doing live commentary during the film. Sat., July 25th, 8:30-12:15 pm.

From the Comic-Con website: "Snyder will host a BD Live community event- providing a real-time, in-person director's commentary for Comic-Con attendees (and BD Live viewers at home) as the film rolls."

I haven't decided yet if I'll stay for it, that makes a pretty long day, but before that starts they are having a preview of Batman: Arkham Asylum with Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy. That I might like to see
Old 07-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #508
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Don't know if I'm gonna see the director's cut. The only theatre it's playing at is way too expensive; I'm not paying $10 for something I've basically already seen.

Think I'll just put it towards the DVD.
Somehow, I managed to not see the film, so, I'll most definitely be taking in the Director's Cut....assuming it's playing near me.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #509
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:33 AM
I'm holding out for the December blu-ray, mainly because I've already seen this director's cut... which as I've said, is aces.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #510
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
I'm holding out for the December blu-ray, mainly because I've already seen this director's cut... which as I've said, is aces.
Would it be worth the extra hours after an already long day to see this with the director/actors doing commentary live there? I'm really debating whether to stay for this or not. Or I might just see how I feel that day I guess.

Tags
watchmen