Watchmen Trailer online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I feel the need to upgrade, I'll get the Ultimate set later this year. They've announced it on Blu Ray already, but not for DVD yet.

Wasn't there supposed to be an uber fancy deluxe edition that included Black Freighter and Behind the Mask? I know I remember a friend telling me about it, and I swear I even looked it up and read about it on Amazon a few months ago. Now I'm just seeing the standard 1 disc theatrical version and the directors cut 2 disc version. What gives?

I still don't think inserting The Black Freighter stuff would really work. There's a difference between putting frames of another comic inside the Watchmen panels, and inserting parts of an animated film instead of a live action one.

Behind the Mask parts? That could work. I REALLY liked the way that did that documentary.

Where would those go in? I can't think of that as anything but a well-done side item to the film.

Speaking of which, I absolutely loved the Director's Cut. I was high on the film when it first came out, but this cut certainly smoothed out some of the rough edges and made me like Laurie's characterization a little bit more. I don't know if alternate takes/exchanges were used in certain scenes... all I know is that this was a definite improvement over an already solid film.

And they found a way to put in the "Adrian, possibly homosexual... must investigate further" line back into the film. Fantastic.

Favorite film of the year as of right now.

As I might have stated before, the only thing the DC added to the film that I think kind of brings it down is the set-up for Hollis Mason's murder. I mean, I think the set-up needs to be there. I just think it's the worst-handled/acted scene in the film, and it really stands out as a "deleted scene" piece of work if you know what I mean.

True, but I do think it bolsters Dan's throughline and makes his freak-out on Adrian at the end more believable. It's better than putting it in just for fan-servicing, a la Harry Potter.

Back
Top Bottom