Watchmen Trailer online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the friends I saw TDK with last night was really peeved we didn't get a Watchmen trailer with the movie.

I was curious about it too, although I don't know diddly about the Watchmen. But I like to see the things so many other people are excited about. :)

I've owned the Watchmen for a few years now and have never read it. I need to. Maybe after I finish the book I'm presently reading.

Yeah, that guy who made one of the most faithful and precise comic book adaptations of all time?

FUCK that guy.

One of the friends I saw TDK with last night was really peeved we didn't get a Watchmen trailer with the movie.

I was curious about it too, although I don't know diddly about the Watchmen. But I like to see the things so many other people are excited about. :)

Cori you're such a voracious reader I think you should check out the source material. Even if you aren't a comics fan. It's the best thing ever done in the medium, by far.

Check out the Wiki page just to see the description and scope of the thing. Just don't read past where it says "Plot Summary".

Watchmen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cori you're such a voracious reader I think you should check out the source material. Even if you aren't a comics fan. It's the best thing ever done in the medium, by far.

Check out the Wiki page just to see the description and scope of the thing. Just don't read past where it says "Plot Summary".

Watchmen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree with your boyfriend, Cor. You should check it out, it's a seminal piece of work.

They showed this trailer before Dark Knight, and it looked great. Very much like the graphic novel.

Those costume designs are fucking brilliant.

I'm sorry, but Ozymandias looks like a cream puff. I realize that the costume in the comic is pretty cheesy, but he's supposed to look like a Norse god. Couldn't they have made the costume a bit more distinct? Also, this guy isn't even blond, and doesn't look like someone who trains himself to be a prime physical specimen.

You can't really fuck up Rorschach, and I can't wait to see him on the screen. He's one of my all-time fav fictional characters.

Oh, Cori do this, Cori do that! Fuck you guys, what about me?! Should I read it? Should I read past the part where it says plot summary? I want more posts about me.

Well, I am quite attractive...

You've given me something to consider, thank you NSW.

I'm sorry, but Ozymandias looks like a cream puff. I realize that the costume in the comic is pretty cheesy, but he's supposed to look like a Norse god. Couldn't they have made the costume a bit more distinct? Also, this guy isn't even blond, and doesn't look like someone who trains himself to be a prime physical specimen.

You can't really fuck up Rorschach, and I can't wait to see him on the screen. He's one of my all-time fav fictional characters.

I read that Ozy's costume is supposed to be a riff on the Schumacher Batsuit.

I read that Ozy's costume is supposed to be a riff on the Schumacher Batsuit.

Right. As much as I hate to use this buzzword, Watchmen is shaping up to be a very "post-modern" comic book movie, very aware of the conventions of its genre and the genre's place in popular culture.

And you all know how little I care about stupid minutia like costume or hair color when it comes to film adaptation. As long as it works with the movie.

Right. As much as I hate to use this buzzword, Watchmen is shaping up to be a very "post-modern" comic book movie, very aware of the conventions of its genre and the genre's place in popular culture.

And you all know how little I care about stupid minutia like costume or hair color when it comes to film adaptation. As long as it works with the movie.

I see what you mean. I just hope it's not another League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

My favorite "post-modern" comic movie is Mystery Men. Its able to satirize the genre and deliver some pretty good comedy - it was basically everything Hancock tried to be, but wasn't. That, and Pee-Wee Herman farts in Geoffrey Rush's face. :)

My favorite "post-modern" comic movie is Mystery Men. Its able to satirize the genre and deliver some pretty good comedy - it was basically everything Hancock tried to be, but wasn't. That, and Pee-Wee Herman farts in Geoffrey Rush's face. :)

Lucille, God gave me a gift. I shovel well. I shovel very well.

I did not watch the trailer online.

I saw it for the first time on the big screen as a preview before TDK

it got my attention

I also heard some film reviewers on NPR
they were concerned that it can not be as good as the book

should I go out and get the book (graphic novel? )

before I see this?

I'll be reading the novel some time this year. But I think this trailer is just fucking cool enough to get a shit load of people into theaters without any prior knowledge of the source material.

I'm severely impressed.

Having not read the graphic novel, I am also very impressed by that trailer. I will be looking forward to this and I'll try and read it at some point, too.

And is that Billy 'Golden God' Crudup in there???

Certainly is.

Billy Crudup as a naked blue demi-God free of the bounds of natural physics that chills out in a giant swirling glass palace on Mars?

I'm so there.

Watchmen Movie News, Watchmen Comic News, Trailers, Videos, Plot Summary and More - WatchmenComicMovie.com

Check out the forum for any questions.

Oh, and if you have any friends who can't follow a movie which isn't told in a linear fashion, or ask questions like "I thought he was dead", don't take them to the movie, they won't get it and may ruin it for you.:doh:

Apparently, you folks in the U.S can download a webisode based on the comic from Itunes. The first one is up now and free. Future ones will cost $1.99. Canucks can't get it yet.

Homemade vid using comic images to match the trailer.

watch

Back
Top Bottom