Watchmen Trailer online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have skimmed about 10 reviews

here is the best one

use it, if you are trying to talk someone into going with you :up:

REVIEW: 'Watchmen' is instant classic!

watchmen.jpg

Seems like everyone was in agreement about how wonderful The Emperor's New Clothes were when speaking about that shit movie Indy 4.

That's probably more apt for The Dark Knight moreso than Crystal Skunk. There were a decent amount of people who flat-out hated it, or liked it a little bit, not too many raves.

There's no fucking way this movie's even close to being as bad as Indy 4.

That's probably more apt for The Dark Knight moreso than Crystal Skunk. There were a decent amount of people who flat-out hated it, or liked it a little bit, not too many raves.

There's no fucking way this movie's even close to being as bad as Indy 4.

I am seeing it tomorrow. I expect this to be all over the media the next few days, and I don't want to get too much crap crammed into my head.

I don't mind pissin on it a little.

2 and 1/2 stars ??

Nick gave Taken and Grand Torino 2 1/2 stars :huh:

He also, gave Two Lovers 3 1/2

He did. Though I don't know what you're implying with reference to those scores.

He's a great film reviewer though.

I am seeing it tomorrow. I expect this to be all over the media the next few days, and I don't want to get too much crap crammed into my head.

I don't mind pissin on it a little.

I understand, must be an age thing.

He did. Though I don't know what you're implying with reference to those scores.

He's a great film reviewer though.

Yeah, that was the most coherent review I've read besides Ebert's.

:shrug:
I don't hold your age against you.
For a young person, you seem like a pretty smart guy.

Hah, thanks. I was just recalling the Slumdog/Milk thing we got into a few weeks back, didn't mean anything by it.

no problem

I expect Watchmen to be gold at the Boxoffice this weekend

they will get a great turn out from the male 16 - 30 demo,
and that is the most sought after audience.
(I am not in that range) :angry:

I expect it to do about 75- 80 million?

What do you think?

I will see it on the largest screen this side of the Mississippi.

and if I enjoy it enough, I will then go to the IMAX,

After thinking about it, I think IMAX is better for a second viewing, one knows what details to watch and listen for.

I did see TDK 3 times, last time IMAX.

no problem

I expect Watchmen to be gold at the Boxoffice this weekend

they will get a great turn out from the male 16 - 30 demo,
and that is the most sought after audience.
(I am not in that range) :angry:

I expect it to do about 75- 80 million?

What do you think?

I will see it on the largest screen this side of the Mississippi.

and if I enjoy it enough, I will then go to the IMAX,

After thinking about it, I think IMAX is better for a second viewing, one knows what details to watch and listen for.

I did see TDK 3 times, last time IMAX.

I think that it'll be in that same range this weekend, too. I really see it hitting in the 150-200 mil area and if the Director's Cut theatrical run happens in July, pushing it to at least 175-225. Add DVD/Blu Ray sales on top of that, and it'll do well enough.

It's all about the 2nd weekend.

IMAX the second time around is a great idea.

Yeah, that was the most coherent review I've read besides Ebert's.

Ebert's review was too much about the concept and not enough about the execution. I understand, he hadn't read the source material, but didn't really give enough evidence of why the FILM was so great.

Also, Nick Schager's decent, but I fucking HATE Ed Gonzalez. Arrogant prick.

You want a fair review by a real film snob who's at least level-headed, read J. Hoberman's review from the Village Voice:

http://www.villagevoice.com/2009-03-04/film/zack-snyder-didn-t-ruin-watchmen/

Ebert's review was too much about the concept and not enough about the execution. I understand, he hadn't read the source material, but didn't really give enough evidence of why the FILM was so great.

That's totally legit. I just give any critic credence who doesn't feel the need to write those little witty phrases or jabs that would make Keith Olbermann wince.

He writes more about the experience or most interesting idea presented in the film and elaborates on it nowadays anyway.

Someone convince me to see this movie. I respect all of your opinions, but presently I think it looks fucking stupid.

Someone convince me to see this movie. I respect all of your opinions, but presently I think it looks fucking stupid.

And second-of-ly, I know you're the big superhero expert. Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot... your wife is dead.

The trailers have done a terrible job at selling the film besides it's style and visual flair. There's a lot of meat to it, and it raises some interesting philosophical questions about the value of "the truth" and man's tendency toward self-destruction.

It isn't a "superhero" film as much as it is a deconstruction of that entire genre. It is a bit outlandish, but it's fucking awesome.

Also, what else will you do tomorrow night? Go cow tipping?

I don't dig comics or graphic novels, but I loved V For Vendetta. So I'm guessing this is in a similar vein. I might check it out in a few weeks. Still, the thought of that guy flying to Mars and hanging out on a rock doesn't get my juices flowing. If I wanted to see a blue man, I'd take that flier by the pier.

Also, what else will you do tomorrow night? Go cow tipping?

Oh, so you got that Facebook event invite too?

Man, Rorschach was bloody amazing in the film. And the ending, where the camera pans over to his diary and we hear his opening narration again - fantastic!

Ozymandias was also quite good, although he does come off as an extremely arrogant prick, which I didn't pick up so much from the graphic novel.

ok, the screen I am seeing it on tomorrow at 3:40 pm is bigger than most IMAX screens (72 feet wide)

Newport_frontnew.jpg

The main screen is the largest movie screen on the West Coast, attracting both film fans and tourists. It is a 40-by-80-foot screen that attracts the newest releases. With a seating capacity of 1,108, the theater is big and roomy and boasts Surround Sound system. The seats in the theater are designed with comfort in mind. The seats are large, high-back, velour-cushioned reclining chairs with cup holders and plenty of leg room.

ok, the screen I am seeing it on tomorrow at 3:40 pm is bigger than most IMAX screens (72 feet wide)

The main screen is the largest movie screen on the West Coast, attracting both film fans and tourists. It is a 40-by-80-foot screen that attracts the newest releases. With a seating capacity of 1,108, the theater is big and roomy and boasts Surround Sound system. The seats in the theater are designed with comfort in mind. The seats are large, high-back, velour-cushioned reclining chairs with cup holders and plenty of leg room.

You like 'em large.

I don't dig comics or graphic novels, but I loved V For Vendetta. So I'm guessing this is in a similar vein. I might check it out in a few weeks. Still, the thought of that guy flying to Mars and hanging out on a rock doesn't get my juices flowing. If I wanted to see a blue man, I'd take that flier by the pier.

Oh, so you got that Facebook event invite too?

Yeah, the same guy that wrote the original V graphic novel wrote this, so there's that.

No, but someone tagged me in their Little Miss Sunshine 28 Friends as "The One Who Tips Cows, WTF?!

Man, Rorschach was bloody amazing in the film. And the ending, where the camera pans over to his diary and we hear his opening narration again - fantastic!

Ozymandias was also quite good, although he does come off as an extremely arrogant prick, which I didn't pick up so much from the graphic novel.

Yeah, and the bloody remains turning into an ink blot?! Awesome!

You didn't pick that up at all from the novel? That's surprising. And I totally agree with what you said about letting Dan wail on him earlier.

Excuse me for thinking 300 looked like trash (thus this style doesn't appeal to me) and not liking comic books and superheroes.

I couldn't stand 300 either, so there's that. This movie isn't as stylized as that one... really heavy visual and musical influences from Blade Runner and the other hardboiled graphic novel, Sin City. Also, at certain places Apocalypse Now and Dr. Strangelove.

This is the superhero movie that makes fun of other superhero movies, too. And you see her titties:

malinakerman.png

You ever dance with the cows by the pale moonlight?

You wanna get grass?! Come on, let's get grass!

I don't dig comics or graphic novels, but I loved V For Vendetta.

This is me. I really liked V For Vendetta and Wanted but couldn't get through even an hour of Sin City. No interest in seeing 300.

I will probably see Watchmen, maybe even in IMAX, but I have no idea if I'll like it or not. I barely even know what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom