"Virtuality", directed by FNL's Peter Berg up for pre-order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muldfeld

Refugee
This is the Fox Network pilot written by Michael Taylor and Ronald D. Moore and directed by Peter Berg.

I didn't like the reality TV parts when I first watched it, but I "got" it when I rewatched it. I actually felt that, no matter how good the "Caprica" pilot was, this was superior in many ways -- especially the texture and the dialogue. I wish a series had been made

I first got wind of this release via TV Squad
Ron Moore's Virtuality heading to DVD in May - TV Squad

Amazon.ca: virtuality: DVD (It's actually substantially cheaper in Canada for once!)

Amazon.com: Virtuality: Peter Berg: Movies & TV

What's that you say? You've never watched "Virtuality", and don't know if you want it? Here are a few clips, but there are major spoilers
YouTube - FOX Virtuality : Scenes

This is no less deserving of a thread than many others that have been started in this forum. Anyone that takes the time to write a reply is supporting this thread, myself included.

As for this program, it looks like it was only a pilot or movie that was not picked up. If it is on cable, I may give it a look, I don't really buy dvds, these days.

This is no less deserving of a thread than many others that have been started in this forum. Anyone that takes the time to write a reply is supporting this thread, myself included.

As for this program, it looks like it was only a pilot or movie that was not picked up. If it is on cable, I may give it a look, I don't really buy dvds, these days.
Thank you, deep.

It's only, like, $14 and $10 in Canada, but I'm a fan. It aired last June on Fox, which decided that, based on small viewer responses, it was too complex for viewers. They initially wanted the pilot dumbed down and reedited to only 1 hour, instead of 2, before scrapping the whole idea of a series and just airing it as a TV movie. Jerks.

Seriously, if you liked BSG, you should like this. Maybe it'll be available for rental or perhaps a download on itunes.

This could have been great, though. The pilot was great. At the same time, because it's such a lost opportunity, that's kinda depressing.

Thank you, deep.

It's only, like, $14 and $10 in Canada, but I'm a fan. It aired last June on Fox, which decided that, based on small viewer responses, it was too complex for viewers.

Seriously, if you liked BSG, you should like this. Maybe it'll be available for rental or perhaps a download on itunes.

This could have been great, though.
I find it possibly insightful, so yes.
Why yes, it was insightful. I loved the commentary on corporations and reality TV culture and environmental degradation. Very subtly done!

Did you see it? What did you think?

Yes, I watched it. I thought it was pretty good, but at times I found it a bit cheesy. Still, I would have liked to have seen where it could have gone.
Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the young woman, especially when she did the Japanese Rock virtual reality game.

Still, I think it's a great pilot.

How about Caprica? Have you checked it out? The next 2 eps should be good, given they were written by Michael Taylor.

Hey, deep, are you still watching Caprica?

yes,

Liking it pretty much

as for this thread, ABC had a series with a somewhat similar premise called Defying Gravity, I liked it, they ran about 6-7 episodes and then pulled it. It looks like there are 13, the others did air on the Space channel? I don't get that channel.

yes,

Liking it pretty much

as for this thread, ABC had a series with a somewhat similar premise called Defying Gravity, I liked it, they ran about 6-7 episodes and then pulled it. It looks like there are 13, the others did air on the Space channel? I don't get that channel.
Virtuality was much, much better, though I only watched the pilot and a bit of "Defying Gravity". I've seen them every so often on Space, but I think that's only because Canada's massively monopolistic CTV aired the show and now owns Space.

Back
Top Bottom