Viggo Mortensen May Quit Acting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearl

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
“In the past week I’ve been from LA to Japan to Korea to Poland to here,” he hisses, describing in near disbelief the travel itinerary for his current promotional tour. “It’s ridiculous! It’s not a healthy way to be. But, as it happens, I’m taking measures to change that.” Which are? “No more movies. I haven’t said yes to one in over a year. I’ve been in all these well-received movies and it seems like I should be doing some more, but there’s other things I want to do. It’s not the right time.”

But when will you come back to film-making? When will you know it’s the right time? Long, long, pause. A sigh. “I really don’t know.”

Viggo Mortensen: first Good - and then goodbye? - Times Online

OK, I'm a big Viggo fan. I like how he acts for the sake of art rather than fame. While I understand his reasons for wanting to leave - because fame is not something he enjoys - I really hope he does not, because Viggo is such a good actor! And to have a non-egotistical actor in Hollywood is refreshing!

If he does choose to leave acting, I will miss him dearly.

When I saw the title of the thread I though "Oh crap, is he going into 'music' too?" :lol:

Hope he's just having a bad week...
After Eastern Promises he proved himself a brillant actor, it would be a shame if he's serious.

Hope he's just having a bad week...
After Eastern Promises he proved himself a brillant actor, it would be a shame if he's serious.

I think he proved that long before Eastern Promises.

He can't go out and say something like that a week after we get shocking news that a movie like Eastern Promises has a sequel in development with the original creative team. :sad:

good luck to him, I say he is more into his other work than acting, I have yet to see Eastern Promises but from the very very very few I have seen him in, he has been great to watch, gets into his characters very well. :up:

but hey, as the 'Blouse Man' in Walk on the Moon I was all :drool::lol:

Back
Top Bottom