V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i swear there wasn't a youtube clip the first time i looked at alicia's post

i must be high again

-dan

i swear there wasn't a youtube clip the first time i looked at alicia's post

No, there wasn't. I looked for a screen capture but couldn't find one, and then it occurred to me that I should look on YouTube for a video, which, of course, was right there when I searched.

You're not high or crazy. OR ARE YOU??????

Scott Wolf is still an absolute non event acting wise. Painful.

Maybe it was just me - but I would have liked a bit longer to set up the whole "renegade pre-main arrival visitors" storyline. It seemed they threw so damn much in that one episode. Considering it is an open ended series and not a mini series I would have liked more friendly (yet sinister) alien stuff and less "holy fuck this is like bad Star Trek".

Based on episode one I am far from hooked - but will give it another shot.

That's fair. They did kind of throw a lot at you in a short time. I mean, it was sort of cool (the opening scenes when the V's came) but there was definitely a lot going on for a 1-hour ep. I'd have settled for a 2-hour pilot so they could have spread it out a bit, but egads we can't interfere with the television genius that is Dancing with the Stars can we?

I'm still going to watch it though...since FOX moved House to Mondays my Tuesday TV time is free.

I'll agree it felt a bit rushed, but I think they just wanted to get that part out of the way, as its a remake and we all know its coming anyway.

This way, they can move forward and make the show they want.

i really liked the first episode. great stuff. never saw the original. i was too young at the time to watch it.

OK...I can't decide if I like how you can't tell the people from the V's. This is very cloak-and-dagger, kind of V meets Invasion of the Body Snatchers (a movie that scared me silly by the way).

OK...I can't decide if I like how you can't tell the people from the V's. This is very cloak-and-dagger, kind of V meets Invasion of the Body Snatchers (a movie that scared me silly by the way).

yes! i just finished watching last night's episode, and i got the same feeling. i love it. you don't know who is human or alien.

really liking this show so far!

i can't wait for the scene where they show them fattening up the human bodies. maybe there will be a product placement ad for McDonald's in the shot.

The original mini-series was, at the time, a breath of fresh air, but so far I've found this re-imagined version an absolute bore. It has essentially been two hours of attractive people looking at each other suspiciously. The anorexic underwear model Anna has nothing on Diana. She seriously needs to eat a rodent or two.

The original mini-series was, at the time, a breath of fresh air, but so far I've found this re-imagined version an absolute bore. It has essentially been two hours of attractive people looking at each other suspiciously. The anorexic underwear model Anna has nothing on Diana. She seriously needs to eat a rodent or two.

i never saw the original, but i think this new series is anything but a bore. in the 2nd episode, i actually found myself on the edge of my seat....something that doesn't happen often.

I think Anna could use a good dose of bitchiness. Diana was more interesting for sure .... although maybe that's just my nostalgia for the campy original kicking in.

Did I read somewhere that Jane Badler (Diana) was going to make a cameo on the new version?

did someone say breaking bad???? kick ass show :up::up::up:

there are only 2 season and they are short, so it won't take long to catch up

do you watch dexter too? if not, you are doing yourself a disservice

-dan

I think Anna could use a good dose of bitchiness. Diana was more interesting for sure .... although maybe that's just my nostalgia for the campy original kicking in.

Did I read somewhere that Jane Badler (Diana) was going to make a cameo on the new version?

Yeah, Anna comes across a bit too prissy if that makes any sense. Diana on the other hand, she was more than willing to get down and dirty when she had to. Whether it was a little birdie, people, or even her fellow V's...there was no line Diana wouldn't cross.

It would be beyond awesome if she shows up.

i would consider watching if there was a diana (or ham tyler) cameo

-dan

Did anyone else laugh when the FBI lady had a heated discussion with the catalogue model, er, priest she claims she doesn't know right smack in the middle of an FBI building? Just me then.

Also, why didn't she tell her son that the V dudes were actually evil lizards? You would think she'd kind of mention it to him, what with him having such a hard-on for them.

The lizards are going to win.

Ok I got bored of Fringe at episode 14 season 1 (just so repetive and the underlying plot is doled out in too small doses for my liking) so watched the first episode of V last night. Man, what a lot to cram into such a short episode. I really wish we had been given the first three weeks of their stay, there's a huge gap in the info there...but I suppose they'll go back to it maybe.

Overall I'm intrigued.

3 episodes in and i'm very pleased. i could definitely handle this series going for a couple years, with the finale being the ultimate war between humans and V's.

Back
Top Bottom