V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

subnet

New Yorker
Good or Bad?

I watched only 5 minutes and couldn't help but think of the 80s version.

Diana versus Anna? Long hair or short hair, what is your preference?

I loooooved the original, and enjoyed watching the rerun of it on the Sci-Fi channel Sunday night.

Enjoyed the premiere of the new one - looking forward to watching more!

Diana FTW. Anna lacks that 80s bitchy quality. :wink:

i'm undecided after the first show.. need more shows to rule it out or not.. Kinda cheesy was my first impression however them using Uprising as music for the ads for it made me :D

170409V2.jpg

I watched the new version the other night. I actually thought it was pretty good.

I have the original V on DVD somewhere. Might have to dig that one out again for a good laugh.

Oh absolutely. Diana pwns all.

It's clearly a modernized version of the old V, or at least it seems to be so far. I'm curious to see how well the characters develop; in the original V the villains in particular were really hateable, from supreme bitch Diana, to Donovan's Mom, to that little bastard traitor kid (Daniel?), to Donovan's converted son. But I'm definitely going to watch it, and I hope it doesn't get canned before they finish it.

Does anybody remember if the original was on ABC too? I think it was...I was in middle school at the time and as I recall just about everybody watched both V and V: The Final Battle, and it was all the talk the next day at school.

And then the TV series, too! :drool:

Pretty sure it was on ABC.

I had the "tie-in" book based on the miniseries - I read that sucker so many times! It had some scenes that weren't in the miniseries, and that was always curious to me.

I had a bunch of movie tie-in books to 80s movies: Back to the Future, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and they all had extra scenes. I wonder if the books were based on earlier versions of scripts, with stuff that didn't end up in the final movie.

Anyway ...

And then the TV series, too! :drool:

Pretty sure it was on ABC.

I had the "tie-in" book based on the miniseries - I read that sucker so many times! It had some scenes that weren't in the miniseries, and that was always curious to me.

I had a bunch of movie tie-in books to 80s movies: Back to the Future, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and they all had extra scenes. I wonder if the books were based on earlier versions of scripts, with stuff that didn't end up in the final movie.

Anyway ...

I had that book too, fat sucker, had to have been 500ish pages at least. And there were extra parts, I seem to remember a lot more about Hamm Tyler than there was in the miniseries. There were also follow up books, kind of like the ones they did that spun off of Star Wars, and I had a couple of those.

And yeah there were a bunch of those movie-to-book things...the one for The Abyss was actually really good.

pretanama

no way do i watch one second of this new crap remake.

i had a bunch of the books too, they were good

-dan

Scott Wolf is still an absolute non event acting wise. Painful.

Maybe it was just me - but I would have liked a bit longer to set up the whole "renegade pre-main arrival visitors" storyline. It seemed they threw so damn much in that one episode. Considering it is an open ended series and not a mini series I would have liked more friendly (yet sinister) alien stuff and less "holy fuck this is like bad Star Trek".

Based on episode one I am far from hooked - but will give it another shot.

i didnt like the part in the original series where that politician guy contained the red dust vaccine....i mean, if that would actually work, they could then in theory contain all the CO2 in the atmosphere and stop all this talk on global warming

and i agree scott wolf is a tool for an actor

When I remember the older series, I always remember that scene where one of the visitors opens her mouth wide open and swallows a rat. Remember that?

Back
Top Bottom