Upcoming Films of Interest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
don't want to mock anyone,
but War Horse, the Broadway show looked terrible.

Spielberg's has a tendency to milk sentimentalism for all it's worth
and then rub out one more,

a sure crowd-pleaser.

Please can I have some more? :hyper: Seriously it will be nice to see something that has Spielberg as a director instead of producer. I'm tired of him producing EVERYTHING. It will be the first directed movie by him since the tepid Indy 4. He needs a comeback.

Both War Horse and MI:4 look promising but we'll have to wait and see.

War Horse is supposed to be an incredible show and novel. While the cinematography and cast look great for Spielberg's version, whoever cut that trailer needs to be fired.

Thank you for doing that laz. Also The Guard looks like one of the more ridiculous films if the year, and I can't wait for it.

Word, it's really cool to see Spielberg's action sensibilities in animated form and bringing Herge's comics to life.

Also, re: the Guard, I just remembered that the writer/director is the brother of Martin McDonagh (famous playwright and In Bruges writer/director). Should be fun to see how much talent runs in the family.

Add me to the Haywire train. Too bad it keeps being thrown around like a rag doll, release date-wise.

I think Contagion looks excellent, and I really like the naturalistic lighting scheme, glad that despite the price tag and cast it isn't Hollywoodized. The constant delays and slight subject matter worries me for Haywire, though I am white excited for that cast and Soderbergh doing a frenetic action movie.

The constant delays and slight subject matter worries me for Haywire, though I am white excited for that cast and Soderbergh doing a frenetic action movie.

Yeah, I've never been that excited for Haywire w/r/t its premise, even if there are some cool cast members. Contagion, while it may look like some standard all-star Hollywood thriller, we know it's going to be a lot more interesting than that.

But hey, at least Julia Roberts isn't in either film.

I really, really love the artwork. Looks a lot like Castle in the Sky, which is a great thing in my book.

Yeah, it reminded me more of Laputa (or Porco Rosso) than Ponyo.

Yeah, I see that. Was just what jumped to mind, since Ponyo itself was a sort of stylistic throw-back in a sense. Laputa seems like the best touchstone though, upon reflection.

Laputa being my second favorite of their films, I'm pretty damn excited.

Lance, is this the movie you've already seen or is this another upcoming?

Back
Top Bottom