Upcoming Films of Interest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, that's the same information I was talking about the other day, it seems if it ever happens it won't be right around the corner. Also the word on his next project is that despite its fairly generic sounding description it is more 'experimental' than Tree of Life.

The plot synopsis leaked a few months ago for The Burial (or whatever it ends up being called) were certainly far from generic, and that itself was only a stitched together collection of information from leaked call sheets during filming. Big ensemble with branching relationships, parents and children, sex and faith, Bardem as a pirest questioning his existence and religious convictions, past lovers appearing as phantom apparitions, and so on. That brief mention of being more "experimental" means absolutely nothing at this point, especially given its lack of source or context. But yeah, from everything I've read about it, his next film sounds just as rich and interesting as his last few.

Yeah, my using quotes around the word indicated that I wasn't taking it seriously without anything else to go on. I also used the word generic to describe the most basic description of the film, not the rambling synopsis that was leaked which I was told was quite spoilery so I didn't read it.

I don't mind the smaller scope, actually/. And considering The Tree of Life seems like the be all, end all of ambitious Malick projects, the change of gears will be a welcome one.

Oh I don't mind it either, I thought it would be interesting to see him tackle relationship issues after Tree of Life, I just meant that from the basic gist of the project it's surprising to hear someone involved in it claim it's more experimental than TOL.

I too will definitely welcome the (somewhat) smaller scope, since nobody really even knows exactly what the size or boundaries of the new film are. At any rate, it sounds like a fantastic change of pace after the last couple.

Yeah, absolutely. I don't expect we'll be seeing it any time before 2013, but it's nice to see him find a new creative vigor. Also rumors he's still kicking around ideas for his long-gestating Jerry Lee Lewis film, now with Natalie Portman.

There is new footage, but I was hoping we'd get a different trailer with dialog this time, oh well I guess that'll have to wait until we get closer to fall.

That's a perfect teaser.

I totally agree, now that I can actually like, see the images. Fucking thing is about as intensely edited as the last hour of Inception. And the Zep cover is astoundingly brilliant. I've never been this excited for a Fincher film.

Yeah, "sad" is the word. :up:

Maybe consider for a moment, I wasn't at all interested in film seriously before 2006/2007, and that like a lot of people I only walked into Zodiac fairly unaware of what I was getting myself into (still his best film for my money), and then I wasn't much of a fan of his when Benjamin Button was on deck (and ended up not really liking that one anyway). Since TSN I've come around to him as a filmmaker, though my opinion on most of his previous work hasn't really changed all that much.

Oh laz, your bias against this project is showing... TSN has the best trailers of his, this and BB duke it out for second place. But I will agree (as I mentioned in the Random thread when the red band was being discussed) that Zodiac's trailer was just plain chilling, one of the most atmospheric trailers ever.

Oh laz, your bias against this project is showing... TSN has the best trailers of his, this and BB duke it out for second place. But I will agree (as I mentioned in the Random thread when the red band was being discussed) that Zodiac's trailer was just plain chilling, one of the most atmospheric trailers ever.

Hey, I wasn't too stoked about The Social Network either, but I went into it objectively and thought it was great.

I find this project to be redundant and not much of a stretch for him. And putting on some indie cover of a classic rock song and quickly editing cool shots together (is it me or is almost every close-up a shot of someone turning around to face the camera?) isn't exactly a breakthrough.

How the actors accents come off has nothing to do with 'dumbing down', does that red band trailer looked like it's shying away from the source material? If anything the Swedish adaptation dumbed things down, by ignoring the complexity of the main character's job and public downfall and simplifying the solving of the case.

Hey, I wasn't too stoked about The Social Network either, but I went into it objectively and thought it was great.

I find this project to be redundant and not much of a stretch for him. And putting on some indie cover of a classic rock song and quickly editing cool shots together (is it me or is almost every close-up a shot of someone turning around to face the camera?) isn't exactly a breakthrough.

not only that but the Trent Reznor cover is crap, why not just use the original, it is great

Oh my goodness now we're just nitpicking for the sake of being critical, so they wanted to use their own arrangement of a song in a trailer for their movie, that's their prerogative.

How the actors accents come off has nothing to do with 'dumbing down'

maybe I am wrong, is this being shot in Sweden? and the Swedish characters are speaking English?

or have they done an American adaption, like Traffic and/or Let Me In where they moved the story to America, so the characters would speak English?

Back
Top Bottom