Upcoming Films of Interest - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #556
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
It's one of those movies I can watch at any time and be perfectly happy. In fact, I just watched it a few weeks ago and realized Kirk's father is Thor.
A less buffed the fuck up Thor, but, yeah.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #557
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
A less buffed the fuck up Thor, but, yeah.
I'm not sure if I ever told you this, but I figure you'd appreciate it. My son, 3 now, LOVES Thor. All he talks about. He has 3-4 Thor hammers, talks about Odin and Asgard and Bifrost. His favorite thing in the world is to play Mighty Battle, which is basically just him beating the shit out of others with a foam hammer.

Anyway. At Disney over the summer, we went to some Princess dinner thing and then gave him a sword, which he friggin loved. We asked him what he wanted for dinner, pizza or chicken. After asking him the third time, he made this pissed off face, pointed his sword at us and bellowed, "CHICKEN NUGGETS...MORTALS!" It was my proudest moment since he picked up a toy mourning star at like 18 months and knew exactly how to use it.
__________________

__________________
UberBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #558
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
I'm not sure if I ever told you this, but I figure you'd appreciate it. My son, 3 now, LOVES Thor. All he talks about. He has 3-4 Thor hammers, talks about Odin and Asgard and Bifrost. His favorite thing in the world is to play Mighty Battle, which is basically just him beating the shit out of others with a foam hammer.

Anyway. At Disney over the summer, we went to some Princess dinner thing and then gave him a sword, which he friggin loved. We asked him what he wanted for dinner, pizza or chicken. After asking him the third time, he made this pissed off face, pointed his sword at us and bellowed, "CHICKEN NUGGETS...MORTALS!" It was my proudest moment since he picked up a toy mourning star at like 18 months and knew exactly how to use it.
You did not tell me this. I know you didn't because as senile as I am, I'd never forget it if someone told me the best fucking story ever. Amazing. Pretty obvious which parent he takes after.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #559
ONE
love, blood, life
 
powerhour24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,645
Local Time: 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
I just feel like, where's all the space, man?
Agreed, but Abrams never likes to reveal much of his movies before hand, I don't remember being particularly excited by the trailers for the first one, but the movie was awesome. I have faith.

Also the Khan thing, I'm guessing that's a fake out.
__________________
powerhour24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #560
ONE
love, blood, life
 
powerhour24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,645
Local Time: 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
Aesthetically is seems a move away from the first film and more towards dominating Bay-esque blockbustery, plus a whole heap of boring distaster bullshit. Movie could be fantastic, but meh all over this trailer. Only cool thing is the enterprise coming out of the water (??)
Don't fret too early, we've only seen a minute of footage in quick slash cuts. At least wait to pass judgement until next week when the first 9 minutes or so of the movie will be revealed, .
__________________
powerhour24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #561
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,959
Local Time: 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
You did not tell me this. I know you didn't because as senile as I am, I'd never forget it if someone told me the best fucking story ever. Amazing. Pretty obvious which parent he takes after.
Elfa?
__________________
the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #562
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,959
Local Time: 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post
Also the Khan thing, I'm guessing that's a fake out.
Or a setup for part three!
__________________
the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #563
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
Elfa?
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #564
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post
Don't fret too early, we've only seen a minute of footage in quick slash cuts. At least wait to pass judgement until next week when the first 9 minutes or so of the movie will be revealed, .

Oh I've passed no judgement. Just disappointed in what we've been shown at this point.
__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #565
ONE
love, blood, life
 
powerhour24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,645
Local Time: 02:04 PM
Understood. As for me, I'll let Cumberbatch's scenery chewing make up for any aesthetic deficits in that trailer.
__________________
powerhour24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #566
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:04 AM
Cumberbatch is a cat whose act I like to catch. Sherlock? Yes. Tinker Tailor....yes. Parade's End?....yes. The Last Enemy?...yes.

I like British TV, fools.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #567
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,959
Local Time: 10:04 AM
Hm. This is someone I haven't heard of. However Sherlock was just recommended to me last weekend. So I might look into that.
__________________
the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #568
ONE
love, blood, life
 
powerhour24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,645
Local Time: 02:04 PM
Starter for 10, Amazing Grace, Atonement, Danny Boyle's Frankenstein play, he's been in a lot of cool things. Especially Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy which was my 2nd favorite film of 2011.
__________________
powerhour24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #569
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:04 AM
Atonement, forgot, yeah.

Tinker Tailor was fucking exquisite.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #570
ONE
love, blood, life
 
powerhour24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,645
Local Time: 02:04 PM
It's a role so skin-crawling you want to be able to forget it, "The Chocolate Factory Rapist" as I like to refer to him in that movie.
__________________

__________________
powerhour24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com