Upcoming Films of Interest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. Can't wait for that shit.

And speaking of Linklater, I caught the first hour or so of DAZED AND CONFUSED on one of my movie channels yesterday. That movie is so much fun. Hot damn.

Stoker getting a mixed but mostly positive reception, but the people who love it seem to really love it.

If it's half as good as Thirst it will be amazing.

Also excited for Upstream Color, and the new Jane Campion.

So Before Midnight went down very well at Sundance. Easily my most anticipated of 2013.

Quickly sketching out what's coming out this year in my mind (not thinking of much, granted), this might be mine too. Especially since I wasn't even aware it was a thing that existed until a couple months ago.

Nobody here watches movies anymore.

[youtube]aASoEajpl1M[/youtube]
Claire Denis - Bastards

[youtube]FTQBn0-kIWs[/youtube]
Lars von Trier - Nymphomaniac

[youtube]e7XM5v_VdAg[/youtube]
James Gray - The Immigrant

[youtube]q2Afiy5Md5k[/youtube]
Abdellatif Kechiche - Blue is the Warmest Color

[youtube]pek2kRn-gV8[/youtube]
Bong Joon-Ho - Snowpiercer

[youtube]H69mx4ibJPM[/youtube]
Jim Jarmusch - Only Lovers Left Alive

There are, like, 18 red flags with this movie

THE FROZEN GROUND - In UK cinemas 19 July - YouTube

notably that it A) is being released stateside in August B) was filmed in 2011 C) has Nicolas Cage in it

but also, Nicolas Cage and John Cusack in Scenic Alaska! and a well done teaser might be something. Will probably suck, could be a dark horse August surprise.

You know what's gonna happen this weekend?

680x478

We're canceling the apocalypse, that's what.

It's looks far more like a Japanese monster movie than Transformers to me. Far more of a Japanese mech vibe than Transformers as well. I certainly can understand why some have no interest in it though, it definitely looks cheesy. I was a really big fan of Japanese monster movies as a kid, and also really like Del Toro. I'm sure it will at least be fun.

I like Del Toro but Transformers crap by a good director is still Transformers crap.

No interest in this CGI orgy.

Nobody is going in expecting Citizen Kane. It's just fun. Don't be such a stick in the mud.
Besides, we can't hope for a animatronic orgy these days. If the CGI is good, I'll settle for that

Back
Top Bottom