Upcoming Films of Interest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
star-trek-into-darkness-teaser-poster1-610x903.jpg

Well I hope the movie is more interesting than this poster. This looks awfully generic.

Let's not let the Paramount marketing department worry us, they're notoriously lazy these days.

Also, the trailer that leaked for Joseph Kosinski's Oblivion with Tom Cruise looks pretty cool.

I'm not sure if I ever told you this, but I figure you'd appreciate it. My son, 3 now, LOVES Thor. All he talks about. He has 3-4 Thor hammers, talks about Odin and Asgard and Bifrost. His favorite thing in the world is to play Mighty Battle, which is basically just him beating the shit out of others with a foam hammer.

Anyway. At Disney over the summer, we went to some Princess dinner thing and then gave him a sword, which he friggin loved. We asked him what he wanted for dinner, pizza or chicken. After asking him the third time, he made this pissed off face, pointed his sword at us and bellowed, "CHICKEN NUGGETS...MORTALS!" It was my proudest moment since he picked up a toy mourning star at like 18 months and knew exactly how to use it.

Holy shit.

Hm. This is someone I haven't heard of. However Sherlock was just recommended to me last weekend. So I might look into that.

Forget Cumberbatch. Best Watson ever. Seriously. As a rather big Sherlock Holmes geek, I can't really think of anything I disliked about the series.

Apatow's newest, This Is 40. Big fan of the other three features he's directed, Paul Rudd is adorable, and my friends and I have been riffing on the movie's title for the last couple of weeks. Usually twisting it into some sort of reference to Illini basketball.

I'm excited for it, guys. I like kaiju a lot, guys. They are creatures, guys. Guillermo is one of my favz, guys.

Actually, deep, THE DARK KNIGHT came out well before every single one of those movies you have posted there in your nice little collage.

So what the fuck exactly are you talking about?

Actually, deep, THE DARK KNIGHT came out well before every single one of those movies you have posted there in your nice little collage.

So what the fuck exactly are you talking about?

I said it here

everything looks like something else

and if the thing it looks like is popular, all the better

history does not begin with your personal memory,

that concept has been around and used in action films long before TDK

gauntlet.jpg

(I'd run through her gauntlet, if you get my meaning.)

I don't think your Eastwood poster looks all that much like the ones we're talking about. It's not ugly enough.

All I was saying is that the poster art for TDK and the ensuing Nolan films, with their fetish for showing the bowels of destroyed buildings, seem to be the big popular recent examples which have spawned all of those copycats. Hollywood has been copying TDK like a motherfucker, in many many ways, since it came out. And for good reason, I suppose, as a money making industry. Like you said, TDK was monstrously popular.

Silly discussion anyway, and I see lance lurking, and I can practically hear the eyes rolling out of the back of his head because we're talking about POSTERS instead of MISE EN SCENE.

:sexywink:

I agree, this is silly
and TDK is the tent pole. Also, a very good film. I did not create that 8 pack image, I just found it. I also agree film makers are going after the same audience TDK got.

I just know a lone protagonist against a bleak backdrop has been around for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom