Upcoming Films of Interest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which reminds me, it's just about time to re-watch all of Malick's films. I haven't even watched my Criterion Blu versions of Days of Heaven or The Thin Red Line yet...:drool:

Did you actually have that line in mind when you mentioned why I should see Tree of Life???? Comedic chess, wonderful.

I originally thought you'd say you reinstated your cancelled ticket order or something, and my reply was going to say "order prick's RE-tix". But I think the adjustment worked even beter.

But I think the adjustment worked even beter.

the_adjustment_bureau_14.jpg

And, "beter" is an interesting typo.

Will the film itself have anything really interesting about the way it's shot to go along with those awesome images? I got the feeling it was a straight-up actioner, and I'm also worried by its constant delays.

Also, Re: Tree of Life, I'm glad I've somehow managed to keep my :hyper: expectations and anticipation in check despite all the waiting, and avoided reading much, that way I can go in fairly clean (it's not like I don't know who made it, and the man has yet to make something that wasn't dazzling).

Given the BERGH!'s last three projects, I expect nothing less from this than something formally daring.

True, I guess it's just the premise and the fact that we've seen no footage that gave me that impression, does it have a legit release date yet? I've been hearing August, but then we've heard a number of dates previously that didn't happen. It's turning into a U2 album release type situation.

I don't know. He's been keeping everything pretty close to the vest lately though. I wouldn't say it's anything to worry about.

I just want to see it. :sad:

I wonder if they changed the title because Knockout would bring up too many associations with the star's real profession.

Agreed, & the change is especially welcome in light of some straight to video release coming out recently (starring a wrestler no less) with the title Knockout.

Anything cold and meticulously composed (or having to do with space) is immediately compared to Kubrick. Get with the program YLB.

That film does look like one of the strongest Cannes entries this year though.

Looks interesting, but I have much more anticipation for Contagion.

Agreed. Interesting experiments aside, Traffic is his highest achievement in my opinion, so seeing him take on a project with a similar makeup in a speculative universe with that cast excites me a lot.

Anything cold and meticulously composed (or having to do with space) is immediately compared to Kubrick. Get with the program YLB.

That film does look like one of the strongest Cannes entries this year though.

Oh, right. Sorry purple, I just think that the connection is tenuous at best.

It does look pretty kick-ass though.

Agreed. Interesting experiments aside, Traffic is his highest achievement in my opinion, so seeing him take on a project with a similar makeup in a speculative universe with that cast excites me a lot.

Traffic may be his most ambitious project save for Che (still need to see), but holy shit, The Limey is phenomenal. Have you seen that?

Yeah, it's actually the big ensemble "serious drama" Traffic-ness about Contagion that kind of turns me off. Always a bigger fan of his smaller off-the-wall stuff.

Back
Top Bottom