Upcoming Films of Interest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Daily Beast agrees: “ ... several rounds of applause and a standing ovation later, Les Misérables proved all the naysayers wrong. It hits all the right notes and is, in this writer’s estimation, the newly minted frontrunner for the Best Picture Oscar.”

well, whatever

I will see it, I see everything.
The King's Speech, was way over rated.
I walked out of the new Anna Karenina, the movie is not near as good as the preview or reviews I have seen.

I walked out of the new Anna Karenina, the movie is not near as good as the preview or reviews I have seen.

Considering the book isn't necessarily a classic that all readers love. Some hate it. Keira's also not my cup of tea, and Atonement was another I didn't like. I think I'll avoid it.

Atonement was way better.
I only gave this film about 20 minutes. He shot it part like a regular film, then it would go to being on a stage with back stage scenes and the like. It just took me out of the story. I looked at my phone and some one yelled at me. That is usually me yelling at teenage texters. So I just walked out and watched this a second time

the-thieves.jpg

it is rating 100% on rotten tomatoes, http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_thieves/

I'd recommend it to you, but the last film I did (92%) you did not like.

the-thieves.jpg

it is rating 100% on rotten tomatoes, The Thieves - Rotten Tomatoes

I'd recommend it to you, but the last film I did (92%) you did not like.

I usually give stuff a try but you never know what you'll like or dislike until you actually see it. I thought I was going to HATE The Master and the opposite happened. Based on the one negative review on rottentomatoes that there is also lots of plot twists in this one like Headhunters. It depends on how good those twists are.

it's all very slickly realised... but the sheer number of mood swings, double crosses and narrative twists eventually becomes exhausting, while making it impossible to engage with the protean players or to care much who eventually comes up diamonds.

The Hobbit premiere in New Zealand – Twitter reviews | Film | guardian.co.uk

Early reviews on twitter:

Bryan Singer
Just saw #Hobbit. Having some serious frame rate envy. Amazing and involving. Loved it! And @ianmckellen118, my friend, you are brilliant!

Campbell Smith
First half took forever, but the second half was awesome #hobbitnz

Kylie Klein
The #Hobbit is everything I could have hoped for. Perfection. TWO MORE FILMS PLEASE. #3SR

Was in a bookstore the other day and found a copy of The Hobbit with a movie tie in cover. I'm actually surprised it contains the whole book and not just the first third, they could have made 3x more money by doing that.

Considering the book isn't necessarily a classic that all readers love. Some hate it. Keira's also not my cup of tea, and Atonement was another I didn't like. I think I'll avoid it.

None of this computes for me, Anna Karenina (the book) is fantastic, Keira Knightley's gorgeous & a great actress, & Atonement (like most of what Joe Wright has done) is something special (as well as one of the more bold adaptations in recent times both in its attempt to take on 'unfilmable' material and the way it chose to be its own creation & not a slavish audio-book with visuals).

Keira and the main romance did little for me, but the supporting cast and Wright's vision were outstanding. Really impressed by this. And I wasn't left cold either, as the secondary romantic subplot was very moving.

Keira and the main romance did little for me, but the supporting cast and Wright's vision were outstanding. Really impressed by this. And I wasn't left cold either, as the secondary romantic subplot was very moving.

I haven't had a chance to check out Wright's film yet, this has been a very busy release month, it's next on my list.

Oh you know, being sucked back into the blue crack when I should be working on important stuff. I've been away awhile for the most part, it seems like you have as well?

I was off the site for about a year, came back for a month or two, went overseas for work for three months, just returned to the site a week or two ago. I come and go so much now that it's kind of expected. Good to see you back, at least for now.

Can't wait to hear Chris Pine's "Khaaaannnn!!!"

I really don't think they cast pasty faced Cumberbatch to play Khan.
Although that was certainly 'leaked' out at one time.
A lot of the geek chatter I've read thinks it's a derivation on the character Gary Mitchell. Although I doubt they'd use the same name. GARY! Now that's a name that makes you tremble. Watch out for GARY!

Personally, I think it's a unique villain to the ST canon and they are doing the typical Bad Robot 'fuck with our fans' shit.

Or he's playing Khan and the casting - in this day and age - is abominable, if not downright offensive. Especially to those huge audiences in India.

Really? Sherlock Holmes is playing an East Indian Sikh?
I mean, Montalban 30 years ago...okay. Whatever. But in 20 fucking 12?

Especially considering the Bad Robot guys (Abrams and Lindelof) had Eastern Indian Naveen Andrews (Sayid) on LOST. Like he couldn't play a villain. Then again, Sayid was supposed to be Iraqi...so whatever.

LENS FLARE! Yeah, evidently they went after him for the same role (villain) that went to Cumberbatch. Although I am not entirely convinced that is accurate. Once again, I think JJ Abrams like to do that kind of shit, misdirection, but maybe I am giving him too much credit. LENS FLARE!!

The early reports were that they tried to cast Del Toro, failed and then another Latino actor whose name escapes me. So supposedly that played into the Khan rumors, I guess. LENS FLARE! You know, because...brown skin = Khan, evidently, at least to brainiacs on the net.

Personally, I think if you're going to do a 'remake' of Khan, you put it right in the fucking title. Star Trek: Khan or whatever. Hey, another LENS FLARE!

They also released the synopsis and it doesn't sound like a Khan movie to me.
I am no Trek expert or anything but I am curious to see if this move is a little smarter than the last. Although it was fun and action packed, it was a little light in the loafers. I am not a huge fan of Abrams but I still like Lindelof (only because of LOST), even with Prometheus. Especially after reading his initial script, which I think made some more sense. And Orci and Kurtman are...well, they are decent. Fringe, while it has its virtues, is kind of a mess.

Back
Top Bottom