Upcoming Films of Interest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kind of feels like Leo showing up in Django... except I'm not entirely convinced Crowe knows what kind of film he's in.

I'll see most anything Pitt is in.

I like his choices.

Not including animated films, the last thing of his I haven't seen is Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

I love Chopper and The Assassination of Jesse James... so I'm there.

If you do ever get around to it, the director's cut of Mr and Mrs Smith is all kinds of fun. The theatrical cut ... not so much. They butchered it to death. It's practically a different film in terms of structure and tone.

Feel like Jesse James is a bit overlong, exceedingly handsome in that admirable but kind of workmanlike way Deakins tends to be, and that the images never really relate to one another in a living, synergistic way as the truly great films do. Still quite the piece of work, and I'm actually liking what we're seeing of this new one quite a bit more already. I've read a lot about the film coming out of Cannes regarding it having a pretty rancid political point of view, but honestly who gives a shit. Looks great. Something like No Country for Old Men minus the mysticism or ellipses. At least that's the impression the trailer makes.

I'm looking forward to Paranorman this weekend. Coraline was awesome and I've been feeling Halloweeny lately (A little early this year). Then Hotel Transylvania in September and then especially Frankenweenie in October. Nice to see a couple stop motion creepy ones come out in the same year. There should be more of those

I like how he titled the movie after one of his songs.

For better or worse, I've enjoyed most all of his movies (even El Superbeasto).

This one I definitely am very interested in seeing. The story alone has me intrigued.

I saw Argo last weekend, it's excellent. Ben Affleck has become quite a director. The story is so suspenseful and the movie is done so well that it stays plausible (even though they probably took lots of creative liberties) and holds your interest completely. Definitely one of my top movies of 2012.

I saw Argo last weekend, it's excellent. Ben Affleck has become quite a director. The story is so suspenseful and the movie is done so well that it stays plausible (even though they probably took lots of creative liberties) and holds your interest completely. Definitely one of my top movies of 2012.

Awesome, thanks for the mini-review. You've just added to the general good things I've been hearing about this film. I'll be sure to try and see it at some point :).

Back
Top Bottom