Upcoming Films of Interest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't be surprised for those reasons... then again I feel like he's smarter than to do that.

I'm willing to bet anything that's not the last shot.

Now bring me the name of the girl in the owl costume. No pedo.

ontheroadposter.jpg

the movie will probably tank

it seems we have all these old studio heads, green lighting things that speak to them and their generation. then when it hits the big screen no one shows up

> The Rum Diary

I hope that's for the whole clip, and not just for the thumbnail above.

This looks like it could be the best film from THE CRONE! since eXistenZ.

Well, I think A History of Violence is some kind of masterwork, personally which I don't feel like getting into at any length. But I certainly got an immediate eXistenZ/Crash vibe from the clip which marks a welcome turn in direction at this point.

Oh, I think AHOV is fantastic as well, I just prefer my Cronenberg a little more off-kilter.

And I also prefer it when he's writing his own screenplays, even when they're adapted. He hasn't since eXistenZ if memory serves.

:drool:

Upcoming 2012, other than arthouse holdovers from 2011 this year has been pretty bad for new releases, but it's early yet!

Could be good despite this being the worst movie trailer I've seen:

Gravity (2012) - Official Teaser Trailer [HD] - YouTube

I really hope scientologists don't get a chance to stop this film:

Paul Thomas Anderson's 'The Master' Officially Set For October 12th Release | The Playlist

Starring Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix, "The Master" is a 1950s-set drama centered on the relationship between a charismatic intellectual known as "the Master" (Hoffman) whose faith-based organization begins to catch on in America, and a young drifter who becomes his right-hand man (Phoenix). Scored by Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood and also featuring Amy Adams, Laura Dern, Madisen Beaty and Jesse Plemons ("Varsity Blues," TV's "Friday Night Lights"), "The Master" was once touted as a "scientology" film -- something the producers and distributors have since shied away from. What is more likely the case is that, like PTA's adaptation of Upton Sinclair's "Oil!" for 'Blood,' the director has taken the L. Ron Hubbard story and used it as a similar launching pad to explore ideas of faith, hubris, and, based on the version of the script we read, megalomaniacal tendencies. Either way, this one is extremely high on our Most Anticipated 2012 list, and we cannot wait.

Yeah not entirely sure what the Gravity teasers got going on... some of it looks like stock footage, though on the whole is looks like the sort of film I'm expecting. But what's with the cheap text graphics and shitty photoshop stock lens flare etc?

Film's going to be mindblowing though.

Gavin Hood's involvement is highly questionable after his first go round in Hollywood.

I'm curious if the music was pre-existing or if it's from the score Rian's brother Nathan is doing, his work on Brothers Bloom was charming, and his score for Brick was one of the most audacious, inventive and perfectly complimentary scores I can think of. I loved it so much, I did an analysis of it for a music theory class in college.

I haven't seen Brick in years, and really should revisit it. I'm a fan of The Brothers Bloom as well though.

Back
Top Bottom