Upcoming Films of Interest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The surreal elements look awesome, the real life aspects look straight to video. That said if I do go to TIFF, I'm definitely checking it out.

:huh: Keira's a great actress, also Take Shelter has been raved at both Sundance & Cannes, and A Dangerous Method is from Cronenberg, I'm not concerned about their quality in the least.

Pride & Prejudice, Atonement, The Duchess, Never Let Me Go, not enough to prove that to you?

Pride & Prejudice, Atonement, The Duchess, Never Let Me Go, not enough to prove that to you?

I haven't seen Never let me go but the other movies hardly have GREAT acting from her. I just think guys want to bonk her so they say she's great. I'm tired of her vacant stares as some evidence of good acting. In Pride & Prejudice especially she looks as vacant as a goat. :lol: Atonement was only slightly better and the Duchess was a decent performance IMHO. Hopefully she'll continue to improve but that awful accent in the trailer is not boding well. Hopefully everyone else will pull their weight and cover up for her if she bombs.

Sorry I love to hate Keira :mac:

Mainly because she's incredibly attractive... great screen presence, which I'll often take over acting talent anyway.

Ruiz' final film, La noche de enfrente

lne-32.jpg

lne-27.jpg

lne-20.jpg

lne-14.jpg

lne-12.jpg

Trailer keeps being taken down by the production company, but should be up soon.

Lots of good shit coming in the coming months/seasons/visible-horizon/whenever:

The Turin Horse
The Grandmasters
We Need to Talk About Kevin
The Deep Blue Sea
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Mission Impossible IV
Tintin
Melancholia
Alps
Life Without Principle
Once Upon a Time in Anatolia
The Day He Arrives
Le Havre
Outside Satan

More I'm forgetting

i'd put The Artist ahead of anything on that list
not that there is not good stuff on your list

Having seen previews for The Artist in a theater twice, it just looks and sounds (the score) that good.

I'm also sold on:

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
The Ides of March
Carnage
Take Shelter
A Dangerous Method
The Descendants
Hugo

Since I'm obligated to see anything with Aaron Sorkin's name attached to it and I like sportz, Moneyball is one that I'm looking forward to.

Yeah, it's an odd teaser. But that final shot is stunning. As is the other extended single shot that's been on youtube for a few months now. Still, I've been pumping myself up for this one a lot lately. Maybe my current most anticipated film that we've actually seen anything from, right up there with the Wong, Ramsay and Tarr.

Ah yeah, that's going to be something special. I thought Dogtooth was a fantastic debut, but wasn't quite as in love with it as its most ardent fans. Lanthimos has proven himself a daring and creative artist, and everything I've seen and read about ALPS has me convinced I'll like it quite a bit more than his first film.

Back
Top Bottom