Upcoming Films of Disinterest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jive Turkey

ONE love, blood, life
Any films coming out in the near future that you just wanna shit all over before they're even released. Do it here. Fuck those films

I have no interest in the future (or past) Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean "films".

The new Pirates film can go fuck itself. I've never felt so strongly negative about something in my life.

These are the joys of not being a film buff like all y'all. I can't wait to see The Hangover 2 at the movies next week. I had a feeling a few of you would mention it.

These are the joys of not being a film buff like all y'all. I can't wait to see The Hangover 2 at the movies next week. I had a feeling a few of you would mention it.

I saw The Hangover and loved it. But it's pretty obvious this will be much worse. If not, awesome, I'd love to be wrong.

There is so much middle ground between being a "film buff", which you use as an almost pejorative term and does not even necessary apply to the people you're pointing it towards, and refusing to see anything but shit movies.

I liked The Hangover a lot. Never loved it as much as some, but I quote it allll the time, so obviously I dug it a bit.

But this, why? I don't even understand the point.

Pirates though. I was one of the trilogies biggest supporters. I mean...I think the third film might honestly be my favorite. But as soon as I found out they were making a 4th film, I completely turned my back on almost the entire series as a whole. I saw World's End on TV yesterday, and I haven't even seen the film since it came out on DVD, and I turned it because all I could think about was how much of a whore Johnny Depp is.

I try not to let an actor influence me too much, but that's the reason I can't even bring myself to see Rango. I used to love Johnny Depp so much too :slant:

I liked The Hangover a lot. Never loved it as much as some, but I quote it allll the time, so obviously I dug it a bit.

But this, why? I don't even understand the point.

Oh, you know the point. It was a surprise hit, the studio invoked their right to film another, the writers scramble to come up with something, anything, and they shoot it. Commerce over art, yay.

Oh, you know the point. It was a surprise hit, the studio invoked their right to film another, the writers scramble to come up with something, anything, and they shoot it. Commerce over art, yay.

As you and GAF said, yes, of course, I understand why they're doing it. I'm still going to stand here oblivious anyways.

Bring on the Casablanca remake.

But you're not oblivious so it's too late and now you're just being oblivious about not being oblivious and if you think I'll stand here and pretend to be oblivious to that then you're being oblivious to how I roll.

Casablanca 2, playing it again......

I dunno about Pirates, I thought the third one was pretty shit. Work is going along to see #4 next week, so I'll probably go, cause its free.

I think back on my time and viewing habits before I was at all seriously interested in film... and yeah, I don't see anything at all preferable about being "blissfully ignorant" to any form of art or entertainment.

For free it'll be worth it. I thought the first 2 were ok, kinda fun, etc....the 3rd one was, as you say, pretty shitty, at least to me.

Oh yeah, the first is great. Second is good. Third is....I dunno.

As for Transformers, I actually saw the second one three times in the cinema :reject: Will go to the midnight screening at IMAX for this one, but I think that'll be my only viewing of it in a cinema.

I can't tell you how disappointed I was with the first Transformers. Was really excited for it and was soooo let down. 2 was what I thought it would be, cos my expectations were super low. I will see the 3rd eventually but not in a theater.

Pirates though. I was one of the trilogies biggest supporters. I mean...I think the third film might honestly be my favorite. But as soon as I found out they were making a 4th film, I completely turned my back on almost the entire series as a whole. I saw World's End on TV yesterday, and I haven't even seen the film since it came out on DVD, and I turned it because all I could think about was how much of a whore Johnny Depp is.

I try not to let an actor influence me too much, but that's the reason I can't even bring myself to see Rango. I used to love Johnny Depp so much too :slant:

I think you're putting too much emotion into all this, you can tell Depp honestly has a ton of fun playing Jack Sparrow, the movies provide diverting big screen entertainment and Disney, a corporation (you know, those things that exist purely to make money) get to count their billions, making another one does no harm. Now I will completely agree with you that many of his choices and even performances have become painfully dull, but that doesn't negate his career or talent, and it certainly doesn't negate Rango which is one of the most batshit creative big budget movies ever and easily Depp's best performance since Sweeney Todd if not the original Pirates, so you're missing out on it big time.

I can't tell you how disappointed I was with the first Transformers. Was really excited for it and was soooo let down. 2 was what I thought it would be, cos my expectations were super low. I will see the 3rd eventually but not in a theater.

See, as it was a movie based on toys, directed by Michael Bay with a supporting cast rounded out by the likes of Josh Duhamel and Tyrese I fully expected it to be completely unbearable, and was pleasantly surprised at just how successfully they managed to walk a line between taking themselves seriously and just having fun and make a competent summer blockbuster out of it. So I gave them the benefit of the doubt with the second one, not really putting much thought into just how rushed they were making it in order to get it going before the impending writer's strike. But when it came out that became quite plain, there was no plot, the humor was vulgar, and it completely overstayed its welcome with a runtime so long just to spite the audience for paying for a movie with no story.

I'm surprised to see so many people liked the second Pirates of the Caribbean. I thought the first was ok, the second was awful, and I couldn't even make it past the opening 5 or 10 minutes of the third. This forth one interests me far more than the past 2 sequels just because of Ian McShane. That said, I still will probably never see it.

The second Transformers was definitely awful, but I'll still probably go see this new one. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom