Upcoming Films of Disinterest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't tell you how disappointed I was with the first Transformers. Was really excited for it and was soooo let down. 2 was what I thought it would be, cos my expectations were super low. I will see the 3rd eventually but not in a theater.

The first time I saw the second one, I though wow this is pretty cool. Sure there were some real cringeworthy bits, but at the end of the day its giant robots blowing stuff up. Megan Fox is gone, which I think is going to help the third ones cause.

I'm hoping the adabpt a little bit of a "Battle L.A" approach, and not focus on the humans as much...cause while Battle LA wasn't anything fantastic, it was good to see they stuck with it from a military point of view. But I don't think that's gonna happen.

Is that why you didn't like the first one much? too much humans less transformers?

yeah.
I mean I haven't even seen the classics, never seen Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, any of The Godfathers, Raging Bull, Rocky, etc etc etc. NSW told me to watch A Clockwork Orange like two years ago, instead of going out on Saturday night. I still haven't seen it.
I guess I'd rather listen to an album than park myself in front a TV with a good movie for a few hours... Maybe I'll grow up eventually!

Shit I haven't seen any of those either. I've seen some of A Clockwork Orange, I was pretty young at the time and too disturbing for me back then. I'm not really into the classics much I guess, but I do love going to the cinema.

JT, what movie do you most admire for its quantity or quality of creatures?

Well, Star Wars, obviously. That kinda started it for me. When I was a kid, anything with creatures was a-ok. Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Last Starfighter, Gremlins. Recently, I liked the second Pirates, as I mentioned. Also, Hellboy 2 had some really good ones too. I prefer the animatronics to CG, but good CG is still pretty cool.

:slant:, I didn't realize you weren't a fan of the nick name. I waited a long time to start using the name and it seemed like you were cool with it, but if you're not, definitely won't do it anymore.

I won't call you it again, didn't know it bothered you.

Let me clarify, nicknames are usually always thrown on a person whether they like it or not, and I have no problem with that. It's part of the fun in the first place. I don't love it by any means, but other than the douchebags who create nicknames for themselves, who does usually like their nickname? I don't mind if people I'm friends with call me that, and I feel like most everyone who posts regularly here or in Bang and Clatter can feel free to call me any damn thing they please, as I like them and have no problem with it. That said, I also appreciate not being called that from time to time. I realize my screen name is a mess, so people probably don't know what to call me regardless. If you've even made it this far into what I've written, you can feel free to call me what ever the hell you want to.

Yes, even I find it quite ironic that for some reason I'm happier with being called "Mofo" than "Scumbo". :wink:

Back to video game movies, I still can't believe anyone could have screwed up Max Payne. Seems like ANY fan of those games would have immediately told you what was awesome about the games and story, yet only about 4 minutes of any of that showed up in the movie. I'm happy to see that DOOM is being rumored as possibly being relaunched. Maybe video game movies, like comic book movies, need one great film to come out and kick the rest in the pants to show what can work.

Back to video game movies, I still can't believe anyone could have screwed up Max Payne. Seems like ANY fan of those games would have immediately told you what was awesome about the games and story, yet only about 4 minutes of any of that showed up in the movie. I'm happy to see that DOOM is being rumored as possibly being relaunched. Maybe video game movies, like comic book movies, need one great film to come out and kick the rest in the pants to show what can work.

That movie was absoutlely terrible, and I've never picked up any of the games.

Let me clarify, nicknames are usually always thrown on a person whether they like it or not, and I have no problem with that. It's part of the fun in the first place. I don't love it by any means, but other than the douchebags who create nicknames for themselves, who does usually like their nickname? I don't mind if people I'm friends with call me that, and I feel like most everyone who posts regularly here or in Bang and Clatter can feel free to call me any damn thing they please, as I like them and have no problem with it. That said, I also appreciate not being called that from time to time. I realize my screen name is a mess, so people probably don't know what to call me regardless. If you've even made it this far into what I've written, you can feel free to call me what ever the hell you want to.

Yes, even I find it quite ironic that for some reason I'm happier with being called "Mofo" than "Scumbo". :wink:

Back to video game movies, I still can't believe they could have screwed up Max Payne. Seems like ANY fan of those games would have immediately told you what was awesome about the games and story, yet only about 4 minutes of any of that showed up in the movie. I'm happy to see that DOOM is being rumored as possibly being relaunched. Maybe video game movies, like comic book movies, need one great film to come out and kick the rest in the pants to show what can work.

Say no more, man, I really won't use it again. This way, others won't see it and possibly use it. Sorry, literally had no idea you disliked it all these years.

Did you people like Prince of Persia?

I more meant as an adult, yeah. Star Wars I took as a given.

Thanks.....

Strangely, I found the LotR trilogy to be a little disappointing as far as creatures go. Some of them were awesome, but some of the orcs and shit just looked lame. And the Giant spider? yawn

Prince of Persia was good stupid summer fun, could have been better with someone less terrible (and starkly white) than Gemma Arterton.

The first time I saw the second one, I though wow this is pretty cool. Sure there were some real cringeworthy bits, but at the end of the day its giant robots blowing stuff up. Megan Fox is gone, which I think is going to help the third ones cause.

I'm hoping the adabpt a little bit of a "Battle L.A" approach, and not focus on the humans as much...cause while Battle LA wasn't anything fantastic, it was good to see they stuck with it from a military point of view. But I don't think that's gonna happen.

Is that why you didn't like the first one much? too much humans less transformers?

I was disappointed because I thought the battles between the Autobots and Decepticons were almost impossible to follow. Should have been the absolute highlight, those battles, and instead they were indecipherable.

Are you familiar with the original? Based on the tongue-in-cheek aspect of that & the screenplay for this remake, I would say this is a misrepresentative trailer and along with the pure joy I expect from it I'm excited because of Farrell, Yelchin and Poots in the cast.

So it is a remake? I saw the film's name on IMDb today and wondered, but forgot to look. The original has been sitting in my instant queue for quite a while, guess I should watch it and decide whether the remake's worth my time.

One of my more unfortunate nicknames in real life is "smear", from pap smear. I hated it at first but got used to after a few years :lol: do you know you started cobbler? it's from the Hot Chip thread.

The only nickname I've ever had is A-Dub, because of my initials. I actually quite like that one, and since my married name still starts with a "W", I still get called it :up:.

Are you familiar with the original? Based on the tongue-in-cheek aspect of that & the screenplay for this remake, I would say this is a misrepresentative trailer and along with the pure joy I expect from it I'm excited because of Farrell, Yelchin and Poots in the cast.

I grew up with the original so they better not screw it up. :down:

One of my more unfortunate nicknames in real life is "smear", from pap smear. I hated it at first but got used to after a few years :lol: do you know you started cobbler? it's from the Hot Chip thread.

Friggin Pap Smear

Everyone calls me by my last name, it's a de facto nickname. A few people called me "red" when I actually still had hair. Oh, and Impy calls me "jew bag" so that's nice.

So it is a remake? I saw the film's name on IMDb today and wondered, but forgot to look. The original has been sitting in my instant queue for quite a while, guess I should watch it and decide whether the remake's worth my time.

Honestly, it has its charms but it suffers from a pretty weak lead cast, which is one of the reasons I think this remake could actually be worthwhile, because it takes a decent concept that didn't quite fly the first time around and improve on it, that and Craig Gillespie is a more talented director than Holland (the director of the original).

Back
Top Bottom